PDA

View Full Version : How much does Grad Nite affect attendance during the day?

alexandrasmom
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Are the days of Grad Nite busier than normal? We are hoping to come on May 17th, the park is not closing sooner, but I am wondering if people come for the whole day before the event too?

Malcon10t
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Are the days of Grad Nite busier than normal? We are hoping to come on May 17th, the park is not closing sooner, but I am wondering if people come for the whole day before the event too?No, they must arrive by bus with chaperones. It usually does not impact day attendance.

evrythngwmn
04-01-2007, 07:22 PM
No, they must arrive by bus with chaperones. It usually does not impact day attendance.

Plus, the majority of those that attend the earlier grad nites are from outside of Southern California. A good percentage are from out of state. They drive all day and some arrive just in time for grad nite.

Rteneyck
04-02-2007, 03:12 PM
what time do they usually close the park on Grad nite? Do they close both early or just DL?

Darkbeer
04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Disneyland needs to close no later than 9 PM, and DCA has to close by 7 PM.

So the park will close earlier than normal on these days...

May, no issues as the park closes at 9 PM every weekday (Mon-Thur)

June 7th, 13th & 14th: DL closes 2 hours early (as compared to the other weekdays) and DCA closes 1 hour early.

June 21st, DL closes 3 hours early and DCA closes 2 hours early

houseofmouse
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Are the days of Grad Nite busier than normal? We are hoping to come on May 17th, the park is not closing sooner, but I am wondering if people come for the whole day before the event too?

This just be my experience but last summer we went on a grad nite day and the park was not crowded at all. In my opinion, I think it can keep some of the locals away who might want to stay later and not deal with a hard close. :) We will be there the 13th of June one of the grad nites and we are hoping for low crowd luck again. :) Good luck!

VWCat
04-03-2007, 11:10 AM
we will be there for the june 13th and june 14th,so that's good to know!:)

tink's mom
04-04-2007, 07:35 AM
We'll be there June 12-14!:)

potterphreak
04-04-2007, 07:42 AM
We were there last May and I didn't even know it was a Grad Night until about 20 minutes before closing! I was in the candy store on Main St. getting my DD2 a white choco covered strawberry and there was a fairly large line and some grads were talking to us in line! LOL They were EXTREMELY polite and fun to talk to and closely guarded by their chaperone, LOL. Our second day at DL, it seemed a LITTLE bit more crowded during the day than it had the day before but seriously, if it had been just me and DD, I don't think I would have noticed. We were there with my 70+ year old grandparents (their first trip!) and they did NOT like anything. LOL "There's too many people", "It's too big", and here's my FAVORITE complaint-"Everything here is Disney". Well, YEAH!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!