PDA

View Full Version : Disney water Park?

snappy
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Has there been any talk about adding a H20 park at the Disney resort? Not sure if it would create $$$ as Florida. How does the water park at Knott's do with pulling in guest? They could recreate the water park to simulate certain rides at Disneyland.
1. Space Mountain water slide in the dark.
2. Pirates of the south pacific with water guns
3. Splatterhorn mountain and going through some chilly water, fog
machines, etc.
Just a thought of what they could do.

vegasmommytoDL
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
They put in a really cool pool at a hotel here in Vegas. There is a water slide that goes through and aquarium with sharks and the pool has an aquarium in the bottom of part of it so from above it looks like you are "swimming with the fishes!"

futurecm21
04-01-2007, 06:38 PM
There has been some discussion about it, but nothing official from Disney. Anything that has been said, was said on discussion boards.

I personally would love to see a Disney water park in California. I can only imagine how cool it would be. As far as drawing guests and making a profit, well that could be an issue, but I believe that there would be enough Disney fans already at the resort for DCA or Disneyland, that they would probably decide to make a stop at the water park.

Great question.:)

futurecm21

vegasmommytoDL
04-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I'd really love to see one in Las Vegas! We had one on the Strip but the land value was too great so it got bought out and torn down. We have a few public pools but that's about it. It gets HOT in Vegas you would think someone would see it as an opportunity. I know they have water parks in the LA area already.

Perhaps Disney is determining (or already has determined) the need for another water park. Then again look at DCA... If they had made a park like some of their other parks in Florida then maybe it would be more popular. I wonder if it actually makes money on its own or if it floats off what is made by selling Hopper passes to people who came to visit Disneyland.

Bytebear
04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I love the theme of Blizzard Beach. It's such a cool theme for an area that does not get snow. I think if they decide to do a water park, they should buy Wild Rivers in Irvine and revamp it to a Disney park. It's already a fun park, and I hear it is struggling a bit now (not to mention the vultures who want to build houses there). I think the Irvine Company and Disney don't really like each other though.