PDA

View Full Version : Where do I park?

potterphreak
04-01-2007, 10:43 AM
We have an EE day during our stay in April and I was wondering, where do I go to park? We are not staying on Harbor but several blocks away at the Lemon Tree (LOOOVE this hotel!! So worth the "drive"!). Which parking lot do I go to and how do I get there? LOL Thanks in advance for any and all help!! This is the first time I am going with NO other adults (yay!! Just me and 3 year old DD!!!) and I am nervous about getting lost or being in line for the wrong parking lot or something.

thanks!!

simnia
04-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Are you asking where in general one parks for the Disneyland Resort? I believe the main parking is the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure on the west side of Disneyland Drive, between Ball Road and Katella Avenue. I don't know how all the peripheral parking lots work: I just know that some of them aren't open unless it's really busy. One is accessed from Harbor Blvd., another from either Disneyland Drive or Katella Avenue, and the Pumbaa lot is rarely open but accessed from Magic Way.

Is the Lemon Tree the hotel on Lincoln Avenue just before State College Avenue? My mother stayed there in 1983 and she also liked it.

potterphreak
04-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Yep, that's the Lemon Tree!! It's beautiful and far away (in a good way!) from the crowds near Disneyland.

Now, the parking thing. In December 2005, I went to DL with a friend and we drove to the parking garage, whichever entrance is accessible from Harbor and we waited FOREVER for it to open. And once they DID open the gates, we drove and drove and drove and came out near DTD and had to park in THAT garage. LOL I don't remember the name tho. So, my question is, on a Tuesday, Wednesday and a Thursday, where should I park (Harbor entrance or one near DTD) and how do I get there? Thanks again!!

Malcon10t
04-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Yep, that's the Lemon Tree!! It's beautiful and far away (in a good way!) from the crowds near Disneyland.

Now, the parking thing. In December 2005, I went to DL with a friend and we drove to the parking garage, whichever entrance is accessible from Harbor and we waited FOREVER for it to open. And once they DID open the gates, we drove and drove and drove and came out near DTD and had to park in THAT garage. LOL I don't remember the name tho. So, my question is, on a Tuesday, Wednesday and a Thursday, where should I park (Harbor entrance or one near DTD) and how do I get there? Thanks again!!The Harbor entrance doesn't open til late, and then you still park in Mickey and Friends until they deem enough people will be there. You should go directly to Mickey and Friends. Can't help you with directions as I don't know where the Lemon Tree is.

simnia
04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Directions from the Lemon Tree are easy: Just go left/west down Lincoln until you hit Harbor, then left/south on Harbor until you hit Ball or Katella. I suppose you'll know your way from there. Alternatively, go right/east on Lincoln until you hit State College, then right/south on State College until you hit Ball or Katella, then right/west until you see all the Disneyland signs & streets.

P.S.--In my earlier post I meant Pumbaa is accessed from Disney Way, not Magic Way.

JohnGar
04-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Actually, if you're going for early admission, the Mickey & Friends lot might not be open yet (it usually opens 30 minutes to an hour before the park opens - might want to call).

Your best bet might be to park in the Downtown Disney lot and move your car (before the three hours of free parking is up) to the Mickey & Friends lot once it opens. You can walk DTD to the Disneyland gate and then take the Monorail out to retrieve your car later. It's a hassle, but one that should work. The DTD parking gate is not manned in the morning, but you need to take a ticket to park. And It might still be unmanned when you leave, but it's better to beat the three hours than pay for parking twice.

Example: Park at 6:30. Enter park at 7 a.m., leave on monorail at 9 a.m. to fetch car, move it to the Mickey & Friends lot and head back to the park on the tram.

woody9six
04-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Actually, if you're going for early admission, the Mickey & Friends lot might not be open yet (it usually opens 30 minutes to an hour before the park opens - might want to call).

I've been for EE and have never had a problem with the Mickey & Friends not being open, and I usually get there a good solid 30 minutes prior to EE.

sjcivilady
04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Have you ever used the Google - Maps link? It brings up a really nice interactive map - you could key in your hotel address to bring up the area, then click and drag to move the map around. I just played with it the other day for the first time and I love it! It might help you - I do much better if I have an actual map to look at as opposed to directions. When you click the print link it puts a border around it - and you can still click and drag to move the map around within the border which shows you what's going to print.
Also, I think it's confusing when you leave Mickey & Friends, so you might want to be able to find your way back to your hotel using different routes - sometimes you can't get over to the lane you want because of the traffic. (several years ago my cousin got lost coming back to our hotel - I had come back earlier on the hotel shuttle - and she went way out of her way and had to ask for directions to get back - so was pretty upset, as it was after midnite.)

Bumbershoot
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I have heard that Lemon Tree is nice. Do you have a website for them?

potterphreak
04-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I have heard that Lemon Tree is nice. Do you have a website for them?

Bumber

We have stayed at Lemon Tree I think 3 times in the past year? The first time was last March for DH's birthday trip, we stayed in the jacuzzi room, was AWESOME! The second time was in May with my grandparents (separate rooms) and those rooms were really nice as well and the third time was last July, just DH and me again. It's a BEAUTIFUL hotel, very quiet and out of the way and right across the street from our fave coffee/tea place (The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf) and the WORLDS best doughnuts (seriously!!) called Georgies Doughnuts and a really clean and friendly KMart. It's less than 5 minutes from the hotel to the park and we just love it! The website is www.anaheimhotels.tv
Also, if you go to TripAdvisor.com there are a TON of reviews (3 from me!) and they show a lot of candid photos as well.

***For directions to the parking garage NOT on Harbor, I can get to Harbor no prob. Can someone "walk me through" getting to Mickey and Friends from there, without accessing the entrance on Harbor? Thanks in advance!

JohnGar
04-04-2007, 02:27 PM
For directions to the parking garage NOT on Harbor, I can get to Harbor no prob. Can someone "walk me through" getting to Mickey and Friends from there, without accessing the entrance on Harbor? Thanks in advance!

PotterPhreek,

I use the address 1201 S Disneyland Drive. Here are the directions, via Yahoo! Maps:

1. Start at 1600 E LINCOLN AVE, ANAHEIM going WEST toward N LARCH ST - go 1.5 mi
2. Turn left on S HARBOR BLVD - go 1.2 mi
3. Turn right on W BALL RD - go 0.4 mi
4. Turn left on S DISNEYLAND DR. (the former West Street)

When turning onto Disneyland Drive, stay in the two left lanes for the parking structure. The two right lanes go to Downtown Disney, the hotels and beyond. If you get stuck in the right lanes, you can get to the parking lot by turning right at the first light, which is Magic Way, and also takes you to DTD parking and the Disneyland Hotel.

potterphreak
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
John

Thank you soooo much!! I had no idea what the address was or what street it was located on, bah!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

simnia
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Surely Disney has some great maps online, but since I don't know where they are, I can just refer you to a photo I took of a map sign at the resort...

http://www.simnia.com/dl/dl-periphery/070303a_A_Disneyland_map2_100_CRO.jpg

I've always gotten to Mickey & Friends Parking Structure by going north on Disneyland Drive from the corner of Katella Avenue and Disneyland Drive, but you can get to the Parking Structure from either direction once you're on Disneyland Drive. The key is to get onto Disneyland Drive between Ball & Katella, then if you miss the Parking Structure, you can just circle in either direction until you eventually get back to it. People must miss it all the time.

I can't figure out what "garage" you went to from Harbor Boulevard your first time. If there's a parking building in there somewhere, south of DCA on Disneyland's block, near Timon, I've never seen it. Sounds like a pretty horrible experience, though, especially not knowing where you are!

potterphreak
04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Simnia

It was the Timon and Pumbaa lot that is accessible from the Harbor entrance but the day we actually DROVE to the park, it was really early and they hadn't opened that lot yet so we drove allllllll the way through, out the parking lot, down a street and into the Mickey structure. LOL Didn't want to waste the time again!