PDA

View Full Version : How To Upgrade DAP to PAP on a Blockout Day?

Leap for Joy
04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
DH and I may upgrade our Annual Passes when we're there this week and I'm wondering about the morning procedure. Do I buy the blockout pass and then go to the bank at some point? Do I pay the whole upgrade cost and get a voucher to get into the park?

I want to do this as efficiently as possible because I'll be chaperoning HS students! TIA!

potterphreak
04-01-2007, 10:45 AM
When I upgraded my DAP to a PAP in May, I went the day before the blockout day. Does that work for you? If not, I have no idea how you would do it, LOL. Best of luck to you!! I REALLY loved having the PAP-I USED my discounts, let me tell you and wish I had upgraded earlier in my year. Oh well, live and learn!

mi_mous
04-01-2007, 10:51 AM
You would probably have to pay the $30 for the blockout ticket, get into the park, once in the park, go to the bank/AP processing center, and pay the difference to upgrade, just ask them to apply the blockout ticket, and then pay the difference.

As inefficient as that sounds, that is probably what you will have to do.

We had to do that when we wanted to purchase AP's. They made us purchase a one day ticket, and just have it applied to an AP. I was confused as to why they would add the extra step, but did it anyways since there was no way around it.

I will be in your same position, of upgrading to a PAP from a DAP. Not looking forward to standing in that line once again.

HorizonsA
04-01-2007, 10:53 AM
It's not that difficult, all you do is go to Guest Services outside the Main Entrance, tell them you wish to upgrade. You pay the difference, they give you a ticket to get into the park, go to the Bank of Main Street, wait in that four hour line, give the Bank Cast Members your ticket, pose for a new picture, or just simply tell them to transfer the pictures to your new pass, wait for them to process the pass, retrieve your pass, walk out of the Bank of Main Street, go back to your high school students and give them a big spiel of how it is NOT cool to be stupid and obnoxious to other guests when they're in the park. Tell them not to scream during inappropriate times, climb rails, spit at others, litter, or cut in line. Just follow these simple steps and you'll be fine.

Malcon10t
04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
DH and I may upgrade our Annual Passes when we're there this week and I'm wondering about the morning procedure. Do I buy the blockout pass and then go to the bank at some point? Do I pay the whole upgrade cost and get a voucher to get into the park?

I want to do this as efficiently as possible because I'll be chaperoning HS students! TIA!
You can do it several ways. One is to buy a blockout pass and go to the bank. Another would be to go to Guest Services to the left of the Disneyland gates and upgrade there. Its usually faster.

Malcon10t
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
It's not that difficult, all you do is go to Guest Services outside the Main Entrance, tell them you wish to upgrade. You pay the difference, they give you a ticket to get into the park, go to the Bank of Main Street, wait in that four hour line, give the Bank Cast Members your ticket, pose for a new picture, or just simply tell them to transfer the pictures to your new pass, wait for them to process the pass, retrieve your pass, walk out of the Bank of Main StreetActually, because they have a pic on file, it can all be done at Guest Services. They will print a new pass with the old pic right there. No need to stand in the extra line. Simply go to Guest Services, say you wish to upgrade, hand them the pass and how you are paying for it, they hand you a new pass, and off you go. Been there, done this many times.

Tisha
04-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I was there recently with a friend. She was using the second day of a 2-fer, so she could only go to DCA. While there, she decided to upgrade to an AP. We just went to one of the ticket booths outside, she paid the difference, and they gave her a ticket. She had no problem walking into Disneyland with that ticket, where we went to the bank to get her picture taken.

woody9six
04-01-2007, 12:21 PM

If you are chaperoning, then you should get into the park for free. Every time I have gone with a group there have been ample chaperon passes to get all of the chaperons in for free. I don't know if/how this impacts your initial question, but when I have gone with jr hi or HS kids I have never had to pay to get in. Ever.

Leap for Joy
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
give them a big spiel of how it is NOT cool to be stupid and obnoxious to other guests when they're in the park. Tell them not to scream during inappropriate times, climb rails, spit at others, litter, or cut in line. Just follow these simple steps and you'll be fine.

teehee, I'll go one better than that! I have an entire list of expectations (and my reasoning for them) that the students study. Then I go student-by-student and ask one question from the list. A quick accurate answer is rewarded with the park ticket. If not answered correctly, they study more and I come back. ;)

Leap for Joy
04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
If you are chaperoning, then you should get into the park for free. Every time I have gone with a group there have been ample chaperon passes to get all of the chaperons in for free. I don't know if/how this impacts your initial question, but when I have gone with jr hi or HS kids I have never had to pay to get in. Ever.

Disney does provide chaperone tickets at the rate of one for every 10 students. DH and I use our APs so that we can have two extra chaperones.

Leap for Joy
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the excellent "how-to" advice! I'm going to try Guest Services. If I can get it done in one fell swoop it will be very helpful.

adriennek
04-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the excellent "how-to" advice! I'm going to try Guest Services. If I can get it done in one fell swoop it will be very helpful.

Malcon10t has it right, in my experience. When we've had to replace lost APs, we've gone to Guest Services and they reprint the new APs right there, from the photo on file. :)

Adrienne

mi_mous
04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Thank you, Malcon10t!!

I forgot about Guest Services, and I am glad that they can print new AP's right there.

Saves me the extra step I thought I had to take! YAY!

Another Dimension
04-01-2007, 11:55 PM
If your photo is on file, they are gonna send you to the DCA AP Processing Center for your new AP.
It's just inside the DCA entrance to the left, next to Guest Relations. :)

jlanut
04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know what happens if you are going to upgrade your park hopper to an AP on a blackout day?? I was going to upgrade mine to an AP but, my first day there happens to fall on a blackout day. If I upgrade on the blackout day do they kick me out?? :D

PanFan
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
You can upgrade after you're already in the park (and no they won't kick you out). I've done this a lot just to get an extra day in there. You could have a 4-day park hopper and use it on all blackout dates, but when you upgrade on the last day you can still apply the full cost of your ticket to your new AP.

jazzysmom
04-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Ok, we were thinking about doing this to. If you upgrade from the DAP to PAP, do you get a new expiration date? Meaning, our current DAP's expire in September. If we upgrade to PAP in April, when will they expire, still in September, or will they be bumped to April 08? Thanks!

Darkbeer
04-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok, we were thinking about doing this to. If you upgrade from the DAP to PAP, do you get a new expiration date? Meaning, our current DAP's expire in September. If we upgrade to PAP in April, when will they expire, still in September, or will they be bumped to April 08? Thanks!

You pay the FULL price between what you paid in September of 2006 and the CURRENT price for the Deluxe. (I think $120, but not sure what you paid).

And you STILL have a September, 2007 expiration date.

If you park in the structure, and didn't buy a parking pass, the paid receipt will give you a $11 credit towards the upgrade.

MiaTurner
04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
teehee, I'll go one better than that! I have an entire list of expectations (and my reasoning for them) that the students study. Then I go student-by-student and ask one question from the list. A quick accurate answer is rewarded with the park ticket. If not answered correctly, they study more and I come back. ;)

And don't worry, she sticks true to that, too ;)

Last trip I didn't get my ticket right away; I wrote all the meet-up times and kept them in my wallet, so I didn't bother memorizing them, and that was the question she ended up asking me, she had to to come back to us a few minutes later :) teehee.

brerbear77
04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
So I am going in May and only have a DAP, where do I buy the blackout ticket since I am going on a bo day? Can I get that in advance or do I have to wait in line at the kiosks?

Malcon10t
04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
So I am going in May and only have a DAP, where do I buy the blackout ticket since I am going on a bo day? Can I get that in advance or do I have to wait in line at the kiosks?
You can only purchase it the day of, and you wait in the ticket line.