PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast

piratewench
03-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi all!

I just introduced myself today in the Community forum, so this is my 2nd post!

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with ...

We're staying at the Carousel on Harbor Blvd. One kid wants the regular Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast - it's the one we did with him when he was 2, and he remembers trying to feed Eeyore and Eeyore politely refusing! Anyway, the 5 year old wants to do the Lilo and Stitch Aloha Breakfast at PCH at Paradise Pier.

So here's my question: Has anyone stayed on Harbor and gotten to Paradise Pier in time for the breakfast? Was it crazy trying to do it? If you did it, how did you get there and how long did it take?

See, so far I'm thinking we'd cut through CA to get there, but hubby says I'm crazy because the kids will see the rides and we'll never get to breakfast.

So, I'm asking you folks - what do you think about it?

Thanks - it's great to be here!! :D

PanFan
03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
I think they stop serving breakfast there at 11:00, so you should have plenty of time to get there from Harbor. I would have to agree with your husband and vote against going through DCA. It'll actually be faster to go straight through the Esplanade then to the end of Downtown Disney. Then you make a left at the Compass Bookstore (before heading into the Disneyland Hotel). That path will take you to Paradise Pier. Have fun!

hlbtimes2
04-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Its not going to be that hard to get from Harbor to PP, but I agree, I wouldnt cut through DCA. I would however cut through the GC hotel to cut some time off.

mousemom
04-01-2007, 07:00 AM
We've walked from Harbor to Paradise Pier lots of times. It's definitely the farthest of the Character Breakfasts but if you leave yourself 15 minutes you shouldn't need to rush. If you go to breakfast early before the parks open it is actually a refreshing walk with not many people out. I always like how everything is so fresh and clean as they spray down the sidewalks in Downtown Disney early every morning. Cutting through the GC does save time and it is fun to look around in there. Enjoy the music in DTD and talk about your plans for the day as you go. Then have a really fun time at the breakfast!

LUV_U_MICKEY
04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
does anyone know the phone number you call inorder to make a ps at the PCH for this breakfast??

samsma
04-01-2007, 08:15 AM
714-781-DINE(3463) This is the # for ps.
We LOVE this breakfast.Have fun!

piratewench
04-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey, thanks everyone! It looks like it may be doable after all!

I couldn't tell from the map what kind of path to take, and it sounds like cutting through the GC hotel is a wonderful idea!!!

Now I can tell hubby and see if he's up for it or not.

Thanks so much for your help!!! :fez:

pisces
04-01-2007, 10:56 AM
I think they stop serving breakfast there at 11:00, so you should have plenty of time to get there from Harbor. I would have to agree with your husband and vote against going through DCA. It'll actually be faster to go straight through the Esplanade then to the end of Downtown Disney. Then you make a left at the Compass Bookstore (before heading into the Disneyland Hotel). That path will take you to Paradise Pier. Have fun!

When I was at Lilo & Stitch Aloha Breakfast in December (New Years week) ...they stopped serving breakfast at 1:00 pm. The characters would hang out till 1:30 pm too. But that was a busy Holiday week....so I don't know what their hours are these days.

Also, they'd leave the food out until as late as 2:00-2:30 pm. I'm serious. Again, that was Christmas Day, and the day before New Years Eve, when I went. So I you'd better call them to find out what their hours are currently.

This is the route I took to get to Paradise Pier from Best Western Park Place on Harbor Blvd :

I simply walked across Harbor Blvd. Past the Maingate into Downtown Disney. I then made a left into the Grand Californian Entrance at Libby Lu. Followed the Grand Californian through to the lobby and went out through the GC's main front entrance. From there, there's a very short walkway and street crossing over to Paradise Pier.

It's not a long walk at all, especially once you hit the GC hotel. Paradise Pier is just a couple of paces away from the front entrance of GC.

I think the whole walk, from the front of BWPP to Lilo and Stitch was 10 minutes, and I'm a slow walker.

I definitely would bypass DCA. You'll get bogged down, and it's not a direct a path over to Paradise Pier, once you are in the middle of DCA. What's that saying, "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line"...or whatever. Veering off into DCA (when you are trying to get to Paradise Pier) is certainly not a straight line!

Anyway, if you do find you are running late, just call the receptionist at the PCH Grill. They'll hold the food out, and they'll make sure some characters are still hanging around till you arrive.

I found that Lilo & Stitch Breakfast to be very accommodating. But, nevertheless, find out what their exact hours are for the day you want to go.

pisces
04-01-2007, 11:05 AM
If you go to breakfast early before the parks open it is actually a refreshing walk with not many people out. I always like how everything is so fresh and clean as they spray down the sidewalks in Downtown Disney early every morning. Cutting through the GC does save time and it is fun to look around in there. Enjoy the music in DTD and talk about your plans for the day as you go. Then have a really fun time at the breakfast!

You know, now that I think of it, the walk is half the fun. At Christmas time, they've got Christmas music going at the Main Gate, and as early as 6:30 am ...at least during December!!!

I always feel guilty interrupting them when they are spraying down the sidewalk ....like I'm intruding and they have to stop and start. And then all those beautiful trees, plants, and foliage, as you make your way out the front door of the GCH over to Paradise Pier. That was actually a wonderful walk on Christmas day, with the sun shining and noticing some of the pine trees, which looked exactly like Christmas trees, at that forest-type area that surrounds GCH. It felt like a festive walk on that day. Very special.

Very meditiave and serene. Who would think a walk to a restaurant would make the occasion so much fun?

cpeak
04-01-2007, 12:42 PM
When we did it last summer, I was nervous about getting there on time too. Since the first day we were there, we weren't going into the park we walked over there to see about how long it would take. The first time we walked all the way through DTD, but on the way back we discovered the short cut through GCH and that was much easier. I think we gave ourselves about 20 minutes to get there, we had an early seating time so there were not as many people out. We made it there early and were seated quickly! My 2 dds (6&4 at the time) had a great time and loved playing all the games with Stitch and dancing with Lilo.

piratewench
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone! That really helps! I guess we don't have to decide for sure right this moment, and we can always "practice" walking over to see ..

Thanks again!!!