PDA

View Full Version : "...or my fist would be in her mouth."

Pages : [1] 2 3

cynthia312
03-30-2007, 12:28 AM
I never felt so harassed or ever been threat like this. Ever. Surprised me when I had to feel like this at Disneyland tonight.

On Thursday, March 29th, as usual, my boyfriend and I were waiting on the right side [facing the castle] getting ready to watch the fireworks. I'm guessing it's already spring break season so it was extremely crowded. People were still roaming around the place trying to find a spot, go for a food run, find their family members...etc. So its no surprise that you might get bumped a little. [Not to the point where you'll get bruised, but you know what I mean.]

Well there's these two old people in their wheelchairs just waiting for the fireworks to start in front of my bf and I. I think there were a couple of people who walked by us and accidently bumped, or you can say "moved" his snapsack/backpack that was tied behind his wheelchair. He turned around and just started looking around and checking if his backpack was still there. As few minutes later, a person accidently bumped into me while trying to manuver themselves into the crowd. My weight was transfered so I kinda lost my balance and my foot bumped into the wife's wheelchair. I said, "I'm so sorry." and 5 seconds later, she finally hesitated and said, "its okay." but i know she probably did not mean it because of the tone of her voice.

At the same time, the man kept looking at me and turning around to check his backpack and then all of a sudden he said ".....should stop touching my bag or else my fist would be in her mouth." :confused: :eek: :( Whoa!!!! I looked at my boyfriend and was thinkin "what the....." Seriously though, I NEVER touched anything of his. I only accidently bumped into his wife's wheelchair but I sincerely appologized. My boyfriend pulled me wayyyyyyyy back. Away from those two. And then when the fireworks began, a couple of teenagers stood up right in front of him. He used this light that was attached to his helmet [yes, he was wearing a helmet] and he shine a real bright light on them, signaling them to sit down. It was so weird. [I wonder if any of you seen them before. or if they're on mouseplanet.:eek: ]

The whole time during the fireworks I felt all sad/scared/offended/threat. *sigh*....not cool. not cool.

And not to mention I was right in front of the line for California Screamin. The next person to get on the ride. Even the car was ready for loading too. But then the CM announced it was down. To make a long story short, it was down for the rest of the day. :( It was just not the right day for me to go to Disneyland.

backsthepack
03-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Wow. That is an awful story. I cannot imagine being at Disneyland and being so "icky". THey must be a sad couple of people to have to speak to others like that. Sorry your day at Disneyland was ruined.

missm
03-30-2007, 06:14 AM
That sucks! I hate that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you are confronted in that manner. I'm sorry this happened to you. You and your boyfriend handled yourselves very well. You should feel good about that.

simnia
03-30-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm not at all surprised. People are really lousy and nasty these days, and just because they're in Disneyland, that isn't going to change their character. I've worked with customers at Wal-Mart and elsewhere and the immaturity and nastiness of the general public is unbelievable. Crowd people together where resources are in contention--fireworks, road space, shared sleeping quarters, or whatever--and you get sparks.

MiaTurner
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm not very surprised either. People can be absolute jerks at Disney. It's easy to hold it in in the morning, but by the late afternoon when the 65th person runs right into me without so much as an "excuse me", I can't help going "Sorry I couldn't lay rose petals for you, your majesty." ;)

I had something like that happen to me once. We were there on Christmas so it was SUPER busy. The Fantasmic crowd had just let out, and we were all trying to funnel out of Adventureland. (Which is small as it is on a GOOD day.) Somehow I ended up in the big mess, and just had to wait patiently until we could get back to the hub. No problem.

Many people behind me did NOT want to be patient, and started pushing. So now, I've got this big wall of people pushing me forward into other people. I lean back on my heels to try and stop running into the little girl in front of me, but I barely end up touching her back. To which the mom goes "Excuse me, you're CRUSHING HER!!!"

It's hard to keep your cool, I know, because I wanted to yell back "Then be a good mother and PICK HER UP." But I try to hold back that temper as much as possible. Seriously though, the crowd was huge, there was no open space whatsoever. She needed to pick that girl up instead of letting her walk beside her.

You handled it a lot bettter than most people would though. :) It's hard to walk away when someone's being rude, but the more you go to Disney, the more you get used to it.

motoxprincess31
03-30-2007, 12:21 PM
When I went to disneyland on the 50th right when the opened mainstreet was overcrowded, and nobody was moving, I had a lady behind me run her stroller into me about five times, I turned around to see why she was doing this, and she yells at me to keep moving. I was soooo irritated, obviously if I could move I would have, I wasn't just standing in her way for the fun of it. Some people are very oblivious to anyone around them.

VWCat
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
eek,I'm gonna have a couple drinks in me just to deal with the crowd nastiness:eek:

wishIwasthe_Mouse
03-30-2007, 12:38 PM
you definatly handled your selfs very well. being quick witted im sure i would have said a few things back. but being 6'2" tall i dont think some one sitting in a wheel chair could get ther fist in my mouth ;P anyway i dont have anything against some one in a wheel chair but I dont think we should drop everything and move just because they want us too. i have been unfortunate enough to have to be in a wheel chare for a few weeks its not fun. but at the same time I still showed respect to others it didnt make me exempt be cause i had to wheel my self around instead of walk. ggrrrrrrr i so do not like mean rude people, I hope your next trip is much better.

disneyshoes
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I completely understand how you feel...when my son was younger and we were watching the parade Mickey came and and he was soooo excited and started yelling (yes-loudly) Mickey (he was 2 at the time) and a lady in front of us dramatically held her ears pointed her finger inches away from his face and told him to "shut up" yes, shut up. I was furious first of all for the pointing and telling him to shut up instead of telling us. I told her to NOT put her finger that close to him and if she had a problem with noise Disneyland during a parade was probably not the place to be!!!!
Seems mean but I could have been worse.
BUT- you cannot let these things ruin your day. I was so upset the rest of the parade luckily my son was scared at first but soon was yelling and lauging again. All the other families gave her the "look" and their kids were cheering too. The rest of the day turned out great because I learned from a 2 year old to stay happy no matter what. They are not worth ruining your day- expecially at Disneyland.
So next time (hopefully-no next time) just continue smiling- they want to upset you because they are miserable- how sad :(

Bytebear
03-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I have to agree. People make their own happiness, or misery, and it seems the producers of misery want to spread it around. The old man could have just as easily turned around and said "Could you be a dear and just watch my backpack and make sure that no one knocks it off?" This is a great response because, even if you are the one knocking it around (as he suspected), you will stop it, and if not, you will still be protective of it. Problem solved, and everyone comes out looking good.

vegasmommytoDL
03-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I lean back on my heels to try and stop running into the little girl in front of me, but I barely end up touching her back. To which the mom goes "Excuse me, you're CRUSHING HER!!!"

It's hard to keep your cool, I know, because I wanted to yell back "Then be a good mother and PICK HER UP." But I try to hold back that temper as much as possible. Seriously though, the crowd was huge, there was no open space whatsoever. She needed to pick that girl up instead of letting her walk beside her.

I never let my daughter walk in those crowds. I am terrified of her being trampled, or at the very least she'd get her little toes stepped on. I'd rather just sit somewhere and snack for 20 minutes than push through all those people.

Once we almost had a huge problem at a Disney On Ice show here in Las Vegas (it's not Disney's fault). The way the venue (The Orleans Arena) is built, the main entrance is on the 2nd floor. So what happens is you ride this huge escalator up to the top. Well we got on and went to the top and the 2nd floor was literally FULL of people. I got about 5 steps off the Escalator but couldn't move an inch more. They had not started taking tickets yet (some sort of delay?). Problem was, the crowd of people at the bottom of the escalator couldn't see the crowd at the top so next thing I know there was literally a pile up on the escalator because people had no room to get off. I picked Aubrey up just before a bunch of us were pushed forward quite forcefully. A ton of screaming was heard. Honestly, I think if we had not been shoved forward I think some people might have fallen off the side of the darn escalator. Had I not picked her up in the nick of time I am sure she'd have ended up on the floor like a few other children did.

Mrs Mouse
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
It seems that encountering these types of people is inevitable, regardless of where you go. The thing that is the worst to me is that it is not the children that are the problem, but, more often than not, the adults. These people should know better and that's what is the most irritating.

Last summer my boyfriend's family and I were waiting for the Electrical Parade to start in DCA, just to the side of the Sunshine Plaza fountain. We had two kids in our group - his four year old niece and 1.5 year old nephew in his stroller - and there were many other children seated around us. Right as the lights dimmed and the music started, these two women pushed their way in front of us to the edge of the curb and stood right in front of the kids! We politely tapped them on their shoulders and asked them if, since there was no one in front of them and the kids couldn't see, if they could please sit down. The bigger of the two turned around and replied "NO! We want to videotape this, mind your own business!" :eek: Seriously, what is wrong with people? The complaints of the other parents near us did nothing either, it finally took two CMs to threaten to remove the ladies from the park for them to finally sit down and behave themselves!

I guess at some point you just have to realize that not everyone is considerate of other people, Disneyland or not, and try not to let it ruin your experience... although sometimes that is easier said than done!

woody9six
03-30-2007, 02:01 PM
As difficult as it is to remember....especially in the heat of the moment, remember that the only power people have over us in the power that we relenquish to them. Allowing them to ruin your day means they have won.

MouseWife
03-30-2007, 04:19 PM
I really hate to hear these stories. I have my own, too.

But, you are right, do not give them the power to ruin your day.

Just be glad that you are not those miserable people.

WhichIsStitch
03-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Why couldn't the man in the wheelchair put his pack on his lap if he was so concerned about it????? I bet if he had asked, you would have been happy to help him find a good place for it!!!;)
*sigh* How unfortunate that even at the happiest place on earth some crabby people aren't satisfied. You and your bf were very considerate........I take my mouse ears off to you both.

FantasmicFan82
03-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Been There, Done that.

To all who have shared a story of a bad guest, i feel for you. I'll tell someone they're out of line if they push and shove me, chances are they won't care, but at least i tried.

I sit for an hour on the sidewalk to wait for the parade, enevitably a family comes close with kids. 60% of the time they push and shove my group so they can all fit. when they dont, the kids sit behind each other, when it gets close to parade time, i'll scoot back just so the kids get a front row seat for the parade. I remember when i was that little, and watching any parade that close was the best.:D

LET IT GO. When someone shoves my things over while i'm waiting for fantasmic, i'll move it back. "i'm sorry, i'm saving/sitting here" sometimes, they just don't care, but i let it go, what's the point of getting mad. I've paid too much for my ticket to get mad.:)

cynthia312
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Thank you everyone who put their opinions in. It makes me feel better knowing the fact that this doesn't just happen to me. However, i STILL can't believe it has to happen at DISNEYLAND. come on, disneyland for crying out loud. "the most happiest place on earth." It makes me kinda sad that people still continue to be the rude people they are even though they pass thru the gates. Whoever said this was right, "once they entered the gates, people loose their minds and all the brain cells that comes with it." Unbelievable.

Before the fireworks started and I was still in complete sadness that I got threaten like that, my "devilish" mind started working. I was thinking wouldn't it be awesome if right after the fireworks ended and EVERYONE gets literally physco and starts bum rushing to their next desination, I would give his stupid backpack a little kick and then run as fast as i could to save my own life!?!? :p :~D :D ;) Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! ah...then I'll seriously feel much better. But I know I can't be a bad girl especially at Disneyland.

Still though....that would be fantastic~!! to get my last laugh! :~D

Bytebear
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Maybe I am dating myself, but this reminds me of Little House on the Prarie when Laura Ingles shoves Nellie Oleson down the hill in her wheelchair. If you don't know what I am talking about, you are really missing something. If you do, I hope you are smiling just a little.

Mr.Abominable
03-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Right along the line of what I was thinking, lol!

jackaroosmom
03-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Bytebear, I can't stop laughing. That is hysterical. Thank you for that image!!!:D

neverlander
03-31-2007, 05:10 AM
Yes, mean people suck. I commend the OP for keeping her cool; it's not always easy. It seems like many people are just unable to empathize with others these days. The mentality of a lot of people seems to be, "I'll show him/her how that feels!" Instead of reacting in such a way that mirrors the inconsiderate person (snapping back, elbowing, etc.), maybe we can all take a second to think about how the other must be feeling and act in a way that is true to our own beliefs. Why compound the negativity when we have the power to behave differently?
LOVEDISNEY, I'm sorry your son was abused in such a way at DL. I think a lot of parents would have yelled, "Shut up!" back and taught their 2 yr. old to be abusive too by modeling such behavior. It sounds like you held your ground and kept your cool while still defending him. That's an unbelievable, disturbing story.

lilfaeriebrat
03-31-2007, 05:46 AM
The amount of rude and inconsiderate guests at Disneyland is a lot less compared to some other parks. Over Christmas time my family took my grandma to Universal. She is in an ECV and while we were there we had so many problems with other guest that half way through the day I was really wishing we were at Disneyland just because of the other guests. I'm not saying that we've never ran into someone at Disney that has just been the rudest person in the world but over all the guests do seem to be a better then at other parks.

Since we're sharing nasty guest stories I'll add mine. My grandma was watching Push from her ECV, she's used to people walking in front of her stopping for a moment and then moving on. Well one day a couple stops right in front of her and didn't move. She waited a few minutes and when they didn't move she tapped the guys arm and asked if they could slide over so she can see. He asked his girlfriend and she said no. My grandma tried to explain to them that she would really like to see Push and that it was hard for her to move her ECV with where she was parked. The guy was willing to move but the girl wouldn't. I finally stepped in and asked them to please move so that my grandma could see since she was there first and the girl coped an additude with me. I was fuming. I'm very protective of my grandma. I moved from my spot in the back of the crowd and stood right in front of the girl to obstruct her view and she made rude comments about my actions being immature. I made a few comments back. Eventually my grandma was able to back up and drive to another place to watch push. I was so mad about it but I didn't let it ruin my day. I just kept thinking "One day that girl will be in a wheel chair and see what it's like to have people be rude and inconsiderate."

Leap for Joy
03-31-2007, 06:00 AM
I keep wondering what had happened in their past to make them so nasty. I wonder if there is a problem with people stealing items out of the packs on wheelchairs.

MiaTurner
03-31-2007, 01:38 PM
I keep wondering what had happened in their past to make them so nasty. I wonder if there is a problem with people stealing items out of the packs on wheelchairs.

Very true. It's easy to forget manners when just one guest makes you angry, because then you view everyone else the same way. I myself sometimes forget to say 'excuse me' after a while because I'm so mad that no one else has said it, and I have to remind myself that that's not a reflection of EVERYONE in the park. ;) Still not an excuse for that guy to be so rude, but there are two sides to every story.

And I totally understand that, cynthia312. It's hard to have faith in karma, it really is, and it's easy to feel like we have to deliver that karma ourselves. So instead of thinking of THEIR karma, I try to think of what mine will be if I react to their rudeness. It works a lot better than worrying about whether they'll get what's coming to them. ;) That's how I deal with rude guests anyway.

simnia
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
It's hard to have faith in karma...

Speaking of wheelchairs and karma, here's a story of my own from a few years ago. I was riding my bike down the sidewalk along the street in front of a public library, and some black guy angrily shouted at me from the library's book drop: "You even touch her and I'll dust your ***!" Apparently the lady in the wheelchair parked in the middle of the sidewalk ahead of me was his mother, and he thought I was going to sideswipe her or something. As if I didn't know how to ride a bike, and what a way to talk to strangers!, and why did he leave her parked in the middle of the sidewalk then? Anyway, I made a show of going safely around her, even though it wasn't necessary.

Several months later I stopped by the local post office one cold night to pick up my mail and this guy and his mother, apparently both homeless, were inside the post office, and as I went by, the guy asked me if I could spare some money, apparently not recognizing me. I just said "no," and was hoping he would challenge me so I could say, "You don't remember me, do you?" and then remind him of that earlier incident. But he didn't, and he is still probably unenlightened as to how he's creating his own bad "luck."

So beware, Instant Karma gonna get you!