PDA

View Full Version : Best rides for 1 and 3 people

SarahJanet
03-29-2007, 10:09 PM
In the ongoing saga of our ridiculously complicated logistics, on the first day we're there, I'll be there by myself for a few hours, then I will be joined by my best friend and her husband. The following day, the three of us will be there in the morning and will be joined by MY husband that afternoon.

So! What I'm trying to figure out is, what are the best rides for me to go on by myself, and what are the best for a group of three?

I'm thinking for the three of us, Indiana Jones would be good, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Small World, maybe Matterhorn if they share a seat and I go by myself? What about Pooh? Space Mountain? Can you fit three in a Doom Buggy? (They're small, I'm not. I'm tall and big.)

California Adventures seems quite three-friendly - Tower of Terror, Grizzly River, Soarin', Tough to be a Bug, Muppets - all good for three, right?

We'll probably play it by ear at least part of the time, but I'm curious about what you think are the best and worst rides for the uneven numbers. (The ones that are lousy for three we'll save for when my husband arrives.)

BackSideOfWtr
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
you pretty much named all the good rides for three people. i recommend hitting all the "shows" while its just the three of you. things like the aladdan show, the bugs life 3d show, muppets 3d, and turtule talk are great for odd numbered groups

HobbitFeet
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, I went on Splash Mountain by myself, and it was fine, though it was a little bit strange to be sitting with a strange guy. Made me feel single again. :p

But...I'm just not sure I'd let the 1 person/3 person thing change what I wanted to ride. I think that the HM buggies only fit 2 adults, but I wouldn't let that stop me from standing in line with two friends, we'd just be on two different buggies and it would be fine! While DH and DS waited, my brother, SIL, and I went on Space Mountain. They sat together, I sat alone, it was fine! Winnie the Pooh's car, I think, actually has two rows, so the three of you can be on at the same time, though not sitting right next to each other. But still, it'll be fine!

You'll have lots of time in line together, you'll be right near each other (just tell the CM how many of you are together, and they'll keep you on the same car/train/whatever if possible, or one right after the other) and experience the same things at almost the same time, then you can get off the ride and talk about it together! :D

Oh, and if memory serves, two people sit side-by-side on Indy, but it's a "car" with more than one row.

SarahJanet
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Splash mountain is closed, darnit.

And the only reason I'm thinking about it is because I figured that since we have four after about 24 hours, we might as well do the good three person rides first! We'll get to everything in both parks eventually.

hawaiimom
03-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Pooh has three rows.

What about the teacups, Alice or IASW? Or Autotopia?

TinaMouse
03-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I ran around the joint for 2 days by myself while DH was at a conference. I rode everything I wanted. The only place I felt "weird" was on Alice in Wonderland. I looked like a dope in that vehicle COMPLETELY alone (no one in the back seat). :)

At WDW, we were a group of 3. None of us felt weird riding and we did go back to back if it didn't hold 3 (like Splash, Peter Pan, HM).

I'm sure they see all kinds of strange things--1 or 3 shouldn't be one of them. Ride away and have a great time.