PDA

View Full Version : Wet on Pirates?!

BackSideOfWtr
03-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Quick question..... I ride POTC frequently throughout the year and me and my buddy have noticed that when we are in the back, we tend to "take on water." We spend the rest of the ride after the 2nd drop sitting on the edge of our steats cause the rest of the seat has water in it. Anyone else had this problem?

kares 17
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Quick question..... I ride POTC frequently throughout the year and me and my buddy have noticed that when we are in the back, we tend to "take on water." We spend the rest of the ride after the 2nd drop sitting on the edge of our steats cause the rest of the seat has water in it. Anyone else had this problem?

Yes! (Maybe not every single time I'm in the back...) but that's one of the things I love about it! ;)

jdee
03-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes.

cstephens
03-29-2007, 02:40 PM
You can get wet if you're sitting in the back row because the inner part of the seat can become a water trough. You can also get wet if you're sitting on the sides, depending on how the water splashes. You can also definitely get *very* wet if you're sitting in the front row and a wave of water comes over the bow. (Yes, I'm talking to you!)

yohomama212
03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I was just joking with my cousin the other day that we need to bring her an umbrella for the ride! She always gets soaked, no matter where she is sitting!

Liz :cool:

Malcon10t
03-29-2007, 03:03 PM
You can also definitely get *very* wet if you're sitting in the front row and a wave of water comes over the bow. (Yes, I'm talking to you!)Its the pits cause we have to sit in the front row with the dog, and we get soaked every ride.

carolyn
03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I was just joking with my cousin the other day that we need to bring her an umbrella for the ride! She always gets soaked, no matter where she is sitting!

Liz :cool:

One time I actually saw people put on rain ponchos while in line for POTC. This was even before the stronger cannon water splashes were added.

Pirate Princess
03-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Soooo weird. I have never had more than a couple drops of water on me and we ride Pirates 10-20 times per visit (twice a year). We have sat in the back and the front... and everywhere in between.

Geez.. watch me get soaked on our next trip and it be 50 degrees outside. That'll teach me.

On the other hand, everyone who got off Splash (before, after, and during our ride) on our last trip was lightly soaked while we looked like we showered for a half-hour with our clothes on. NO JOKE. People were laughing at us as we walked back through DL to our room across the street on a FREEZING (for SoCal) day. So maybe now I have struck a balance with the Disney water gods. :rolleyes:

cookie7762
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
On the other hand, everyone who got off Splash (before, after, and during our ride) on our last trip was lightly soaked while we looked like we showered for a half-hour with our clothes on. NO JOKE. People were laughing at us as we walked back through DL to our room across the street on a FREEZING (for SoCal) day. So maybe now I have struck a balance with the Disney water gods. :rolleyes:

It always seems to be that way after splash with my family too! I have started to find out that if you ride later in the day the water level is lower so even tho you get wet, its not as wet as in the morning. If you ride early when its nice and full you take water over the sides almost unavoidably! Then you have to deal with squishy shoes for half the day!

Micki0624
03-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I have only sat in the back row one time and I got it good! The 3 of us were drenched. I got more wet that time that I did on Splash or DCA's river run. We also sat on the edge the whole ride.

futurecm21
03-31-2007, 08:22 AM
I have never personally been soaked by Pirates of the Caribbean, and I almost always sit in the first row, because its usually the first ride we go on when we enter Disneyland right after opening.

What little water that does get on me, I really enjoy. Especially if its a hot day. Its kinda a good deal if you think about it. You still get cooled down, but you don't have to go through the drop on splash mountain, and you aren't spun around like you are on GRR. Plus you get to enjoy all the classic scenes of the ride.:)

futurecm21

PSP
03-31-2007, 09:04 AM
We were there last weekend and on POTC when it stopped for about 7-8 minutes. I was sitting on the outside port side near the ship shelling the fort - about 5 feet away from the water cannon. Every time it went off (about every 15 seconds), I got a little wetter.

Good thing it was warm outside ;)

Malcon10t
03-31-2007, 09:25 AM
We get wet on the drops. The areas around the canons aren't a big deal. But, the front gets wet from the drop and the back gets wet from the boat behind it coming down the drop and "pushing" the water causing a big wave that goes over the back of teh boat in front.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-31-2007, 10:30 AM
a little green "pirate water" won't hurt you, but it is pretty icky when you get somewhat soaked.

seanutbutter
03-31-2007, 11:59 AM
This happens to me as well; I like to think of it as a nice touch to the ride.

snoopyfan
03-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Every time we visit DL and ride POTC, I get a little wetter. Every time I go, though, I think I've weighed a little more.

babytmakes5
04-01-2007, 09:10 AM
I got splashed every single time I went on Pirates last fall. No matter where I sat, I got soaked! :eek: