PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Foolish Mortals

wabby1
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
My friend visited the park this past weekend and said the intro to the Haunted Mansion doesn't have Paul Frees (Ghost Host) saying "Welcome Foolish Mortals" any longer. Can someone confirm this? I can't imagine them doing away with it.

charpaul
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
I believe that one of the last changes to the mansion also had a sound track change. The words are still said, but the first part of the introduction ("When hinges creak in doorless chambers..")is heard ONLY in the parlor (first room)- and the second part (that starts with "Welcome Foolish Mortals...") now is heard ONLY in the stretching room. If you are not one of the first ones to enter - you may miss hearing those words as the crowd is not very quiet while moving into that room.

I really wish they had not made that change!!! You can miss more than half of the words by the time you get your party into the stretching room.:crying:

disneyshoes
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I loved hearing that- it set the mood!

jeffthechef
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
For true believers, check out:

Http://www.doombuggies.com

MiaTurner
03-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.... I always hear him saying everything before I go in.

Then again, I have the dialouge completely memorized, so maybe I'm always just listening for it...

And I DO ride it possibly 5 times in a row every time I come within ten feet of New Orleans Square...

So my statement may just be void by this point :geek:

yohomama212
03-30-2007, 07:34 AM
I agree with charpaul. It's still all there, but during the busy times, there are too many people in there to hear it. We went Sunday and waited til later in the evening to ride HM. We heard it all! I love going when it's slow like that, adds to the ambiance!

Liz :cool:

danyoung
03-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I believe that one of the last changes to the mansion also had a sound track change. The words are still said, but the first part of the introduction ("When hinges creak in doorless chambers..")is heard ONLY in the parlor (first room)- and the second part (that starts with "Welcome Foolish Mortals...") now is heard ONLY in the stretching room.

I'm not sure about a sound track change in this part of the mansion, but as far as I remember it's always been that way - with the first few lines in the opening foyer. Right at "practicing their terror with ghoulish delight", the door slides open and you enter the stretch room for the rest of the dialogue.

I know that there's a different voice doing some if not all of the attraction, what with the added safety messages, etc. The new guy sounds almost exactly like Paul Frees, so it's not that big of a deal.