PDA

View Full Version : Current Fireworks -Features?

kpkenney
03-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Saw the Remember... fireworks from the hub last night. (They started a week earlier than previously scheduled.) The lower castle projections were gone, however. Does anyone know if this was a 'permanent' removal vs. a glitch? (Perhaps a change in the castle's paint job made them less visible?)

Are the projections still present at Small World?

I guess they kept the 50th show due to Fantasmic being dark, but I wonder if SeaWorld's co-opting the 'Believe' title for their Shamu show might also be involved...

Another Dimension
03-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Saw the Remember... fireworks from the hub last night. (They started a week earlier than previously scheduled.) The lower castle projections were gone, however. Does anyone know if this was a 'permanent' removal vs. a glitch? (Perhaps a change in the castle's paint job made them less visible?)

The SBC projections were for the 50th and the projectors have since been completely removed.

Are the projections still present at Small World?

Last I heard, the projections are still part of the show at Small World.

I guess they kept the 50th show due to Fantasmic being dark, but I wonder if SeaWorld's co-opting the 'Believe' title for their Shamu show might also be involved...

Remember.... was scheduled to run several years when it first debuted.
It's also now part of the Year or So of a Million or So Dreams with it's slightly changed Julie Andrews intro and outro...

Disneyland officially retired Believe There's Magic in the Stars because it was the 45th-49th fireworks show.

Disneyland brought back the title Believe in Holiday Magic in 2006, but the show was ...in many spots... quite different and enhanced.

I've always thought naming the new(est) Shamu show "Believe" was kinda cheesy and un-creative of Sea World.
Why not just go with Imagine: A Fantasy in the Mammal Tank? :rolleyes:

PanFan
03-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Yes, the projections are still on IASW.

MauiMickey
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Since the projections are gone from the front of the castle (as mentioned in a previous post), does that now make IASW the best place to view the fireworks since those projections are still there? :confused:

kpkenney
03-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Castle lighting & other hub effects (flame jets, spinners, lasers) are still present, as are (at least some of) the projections on the Matterhorn. Thus, the hub still gets my vote, though IASW catches up a bit, and is worth it if you've seen the hub version. (During the 'I wish..." portion of the intro, I didn't look at the Matterhorn to see if character silhouettes might be there.)

Another Dimension
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Since the projections are gone from the front of the castle (as mentioned in a previous post), does that now make IASW the best place to view the fireworks since those projections are still there? :confused:

I enjoy the show from Small World very much, but the views up Main St or from the Hub are still the best.
The Castle fires quite a bit of pyro that you miss near Small World and the Main St / Hub views gives the best view of Tinker Bells awesome performance.

MauiMickey
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
I enjoy the show from Small World very much, but the views up Main St or from the Hub are still the best.
The Castle fires quite a bit of pyro that you miss near Small World and the Main St / Hub views gives the best view of Tinker Bells awesome performance.

Thanks very much for the clarification! I think we'll still watch from out in front of the castle then. :)

Foodie
03-30-2007, 09:02 PM
IASW was my favorite place to see those fireworks because you got to see everything from all around you, and there was very little crowd. The projections on the ride were awesome too. It felt like a really cool secret not many people knew about. My family saw it from in front of the castle, while I watched from IASW, because I couldn't handle the two hour wait in front of the castle, so I went off on my own, and it ended up being one of my favorite moments of my entire trip last August.

-Foodie:)

Mickey
04-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Where there fireworks today or cancelled? (Saturday April 14 2007)??????

AaronInCal
04-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Where there fireworks today or cancelled? (Saturday April 14 2007)??????
The fireworks were cancelled tonight due to winds.

Mickey
04-15-2007, 12:04 AM
The fireworks were cancelled tonight due to winds.

THANKS AARON!

MrTomMorrow
04-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Despite the missing projections, the castle/hub is still the best place to see the fireworks because of the other effects, such as the Haunted Mansion scene or the lasers in Tomorrowland.

AlbertaMinnie
04-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Do they still play the Leanne Rhimes song at the conclusion of the fireworks?

vj81995
04-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Do they still play the Leanne Rhimes song at the conclusion of the fireworks?
Yes and no
First it has "Wishes" then "Remember When"

bloodnswash
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Nothing can beat actually feeling the heat from those Indy flame throwers while watching the fireworks show from the castle/hub. It's great :)

However, lol, my teenage son likes the fireworks at Small World better because he likes to imagine that Small World is really on fire :)