PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch the fireworks?

mask41
03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed, but a quick archive search didn't give me much. Can someone tell me if there are good or bad spots for watching the fireworks?
Thanks,
Amy

PapaMookie
03-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I like it from the Tomorrowland side of the Hub. Great views of all the fireworks.

Malcon10t
03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
In front of the castle. Make sure that where ever you are, you can see the top of the Matterhorn and the area between the castle and the Matterhorn.

Disneyland Freak
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I have always liked them in front of the castle, but near Small World is not to bad either.

mommy-san
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
We last watched from the benches right in front of the flag pole. My favorite spot yet- though this was when there were few leaves on the trees.

geoffa
03-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Up in the sky preferably!

Ohthatjeff
03-29-2007, 05:24 AM
Paris.

simbaNnala101
03-29-2007, 06:41 AM
For less crowded you want to be back by its a small world. Other wise if you want the full effect of the castle then in front on the benches is deffinatly the best choise. You can still see some of the effects on the castle from Its a small world but its on the back of the castle and not the front so. It all kinda depends on your prefrence. Hope that helps.

~Ash~

yohomama212
03-29-2007, 01:00 PM
For less crowded you want to be back by its a small world. Other wise if you want the full effect of the castle then in front on the benches is deffinatly the best choise. You can still see some of the effects on the castle from Its a small world but its on the back of the castle and not the front so. It all kinda depends on your prefrence. Hope that helps.

~Ash~

Shhh... you are giving away my secret spot! No wonder so many people were crowding in there on Sunday! Last month I could sprawl out on blankets with the kids and enjoy the surround sight and sound experience, last week I got blind-sided by the big bootied space monster who stood right in front of my seated children! Grrrrr!

Liz :cool:

Autopia Guy
03-29-2007, 01:10 PM
One place that I found that I though was neat was from inside the area of Fantasyland that is still open. Only con is that it is PACKED in there and they don't have the music piped in there (at least it wasn't the time I was in there) but it give you a neat, surrounded by the fireworks effect and Tink is oh so close.

I've always wanted to see them from up on the Innoventions exit level, but have never been up there at the right time. And the sound is put in through the observatron speakers, so it is nice and loud. However, you can not see the projections (save for the few up the Matterhorn) and most of the off the castle stuff is visible, but not to the full effect. And you can watch Autopia have fun running as there is no one taking the empty cars in the station to let the people who are on the ride already get off and go watch the fireworks from a better area. Hehe...

LUV_U_MICKEY
03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
So when you are saying the front of the castle what side is that?? I know dumb question but hey, I am trying to figure this fireworks things out sooo it would be helpful if someone explained. Is the front the part that faces the front gate or the part facing FL?? And on what side do you stand?? WHat direction are fireworks set off from?? I know I know soo many stupid questions. So someone pls take pitty on me and help answer them.

Bytebear
03-29-2007, 03:26 PM
We have watched them from the Mickey and Friends parking structure a few times. For us it works because we get out of the park quick. One complaint: They should pipe the music everywhere on disney property that you can see the fireworks. It would be so cool to hear "Is this room actually stretching?" at the same time you see the burst of light from a high above view.

PanFan
03-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Stand in front of the side of the castle that faces Main Street. I like to be in the hub behind the Partners statue. The fireworks are set off behind Toontown and from the castle itself. Tinkerbell flies from the top of the Matterhorn to behind the castle.

disneyfan4ever54
03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
We usually see the fireworks from directly in front of the castle, but we will be arriving late this time (coming from DCA after the parade) and I'm not sure how close we'll be able to get to the castle. Where are the areas where the music is piped into?......how far down main street, etc.?

Bytebear
03-30-2007, 01:42 PM
All of Main Street will have the music. Just head down Main Street and find a good spot. I would try to get into the hub area, and sometimes they do rope things off even when more forward areas are not full yet, so just because you see a section that is half full, you should see if you can get in a more forward section. Usually behind the Partners statue (near the popcorn machine) there is room. This is where I usually end up.

nmjohnston874
03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
All of Main Street will have the music. Just head down Main Street and find a good spot. I would try to get into the hub area, and sometimes they do rope things off even when more forward areas are not full yet, so just because you see a section that is half full, you should see if you can get in a more forward section. Usually behind the Partners statue (near the popcorn machine) there is room. This is where I usually end up.

How far ahead of time do you have to get there and still find a spot?

Bytebear
03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
It all depends on the crowds, and I don't usually wait for anything longer than 30 minutes, so I would say unless it is crazy busy, give yourself 45 minutes from wherever you are to get yourself to Main Street and settled. I have gotten a good spot with just 15 minutes to go. Others may have had different experiences but I have always found room in the hub behind the popcorn stand.

Foodie
03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
If you have two nights to watch them, I would recommend watching one night from IASW, because you really get to see some things there that you can't see anywhere else. The projections are amazing and you can't see them any place else. You also get to see all the elements from a 360 degree angle. Your head will be turning back and forth and it's great. It's also not very crowded there. The other place you should try to see it from, if you can, is right outside the train station on Main Street. That gives you the full front view, and it avoids most of the insane crowd on MS. It also gives you a chance to hop on the train as soon as the fireworks are over and escape the crowd again as MS thins out.

-Foodie:D

yenko427
03-30-2007, 09:29 PM
So do people stand or sit on the ground in the hub area during the fireworks?

WITron
03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
When I was there 2 weeks ago, in front of the hub was all siting. I am not sure back how far it went, though. It really surprised me that we weren't asked to stand.

Bytebear
03-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Seating is only on benches, or right in front of the castle. Sometimes they have the area right in front of the drawbridge open for seating. People in front of the Partners statue will be sitting, but behind they will be standing. Even in the front, they are allowed to stand, but the people behind them will yell at them to sit down, even though CMs will tell them it is ok to stand.