PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry question-- 7am opening?

trampslady
03-27-2007, 05:27 PM
So, forgive my ignorance, but if we are eligible for EE as Grand Californian guests, does that mean a 7am entry if the park is scheduled to open at 8am next Thursday and Saturday?

biolabetty
03-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Yep, it sure does, and it does feel really early.

Disneynerd
03-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll be there this Sunday - Wednesday and had the same concern. 7am IS early. Thank you CM's for working so early!

P.S. I'll be at the GCH too! Look for us with the double stroller and big smiles!

SarahJanet
03-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I should note before I say this that in NO OTHER CONTEXT would this sentence come out of my mouth. (Or fingers. Whatever.)

7AM is AWESOME. (Excuse me, I have to go check for a concussion.) It is really freaking early, but that's why it's so great! Who the heck wants to get up at 7AM? Not that many people! So you can go on everything. It's awesome!

Only in Disneyland do I enthusiastically get up at 6AM.

ralfrick
03-28-2007, 06:59 AM
And if you get there 20-30 minutes before 7, you'll almost feel lonely.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/ralfrick/FirstInLine.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/ralfrick/EmptyMainStreet.jpg

A bientot.

josephfive
03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
There is nothing better for the photo album than a picture of being the first in line at the gates :)

simbaNnala101
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
It is really early but its good to get those big rides out of the way. especially for all of use who are going for spring break! Yikes I am scared! It is going to be way hella crouded and I am looking forward to stayign on teh property so that I can get there early most of my trip. Its really not that bad if you get up at 6 adn stay in the park untill about 11:30 or so adn then go get some lunch, hang out by the pool adn then sleep. Then you get back up at about 7 or 8 and head back into the park so that while everyone is leavign you can get some more of those good rides. Also If you wait untill fanasmic (I am so sad it is down right now) or the fireworks you can get a lot accomplished as long as you pick a land before it starts and saty there. it is hard to travel during those events from land to land. Sorry for all of my suggestions but maybe someone got a good game plan ot of it!:D :D :D I am a Disneyladn Geek :geek:

~Ash~

SarahJanet
03-28-2007, 02:32 PM
That's what we do too. 7am to 12 or 1, load up on fp, hotel for lunch and nap, then back to parks at 4 or 5. Get some more fast passes, use the ones from earlier, eat dinner, and then stick around until midnight. We hardly wait in any lines using this schedule. It's awesome! And the mid day nap is perfect - we've got energy to get us through the night.

kandyk
03-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Also this early in the morning you can get great pictures of DCA and the CALIFORNIA sign. Hardly no one in the esplanade.

Mrs Mouse
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I think that early morning is my very favorite time at Disneyland.

It's calm and quiet, the air is nice and brisk, the sun is shining and you almost feel as if the park is all yours! I just love the views of Main Street when it's empty like that and the park is just waking up.

Plus, I've found that it's a great time to get pictures with the characters!

Can you tell that I miss it? :)

trampslady
03-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Thanks, guys! I'm really getting excited now. We should have a good half day on Wednesday next week as our flight arrives at LAX around 12:30. Then, we have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (but I think we are only staying 1/2 day Saturday in favor of San Luis Capistrano and San Clemente in the afternoon). We can EE on Thursday and Saturday, and we also love the early mornings at WDW, so this should be nice as well. We are generally afternoon pool/nap people, but I wasn't sure how we'd feel at DL versus WDW. But, since it's just hubby and I and we are staying at the Grand, it should be a fairly easy jaunt back and forth. And, we need to work on a tan before we board our cruise ship to Hawaii on Sunday! Ha!

SarahJanet
03-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Ha! I'll be there early entry on Thursday too, trampslady - maybe I'll see you!

DisneyDaze
03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I see where those who stay at resort hotels get EE everyday it is offered, but what about AP holders? Is it the same for them or do they not get EE at all?

Malcon10t
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I see where those who stay at resort hotels get EE everyday it is offered, but what about AP holders? Is it the same for them or do they not get EE at all?If you are an AP staying at the Resort Hotels, you use the charge slip with your AP to enter. Otherwise, you are out of luck.