PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo! Pins

Pirate Princess
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Being oh so slick and savvy I ordered a few (our FIRST!) pins from Disneyshopping.com at a huge discount. There were a few I ordered which were "Jumbo" pins. Without checking out the dimensions I figured they would be slightly larger than regular pins. They are GINORMOUS!!! My child cannot wear these around his neck! What do you do with your "Jumbo" pins??? Do you wear them? Display them? Make your child wear 5 of them on a lanyard all day when s/he's been bad???

If we trade them at the park can we trade for more than one regular size pin?

Thanks!

Wonder Mouse
03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
When you are trading pins with Cast Members they will only trade one for one no matter the size of the pin. My Children are both avid traders and they keep their favorites including jumbo pins in collector books.

Tinker Bell
03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I keep mine in my pin bags. I would never put them on a lanyard to wear at the park.

JohnGar
03-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Being oh so slick and savvy I ordered a few (our FIRST!) pins from Disneyshopping.com at a huge discount. There were a few I ordered which were "Jumbo" pins. Without checking out the dimensions I figured they would be slightly larger than regular pins. They are GINORMOUS!!! ... What do you do with your "Jumbo" pins??? Do you wear them? Display them? Make your child wear 5 of them on a lanyard all day when s/he's been bad???

If we trade them at the park can we trade for more than one regular size pin?

Thanks!

As an avid pin collector and trader, I would suggest displaying these pins at home in a nice frame or frames. If you really don't want the pin anymore, traders at the park would be willing trade multiple "normal size" pins for your jumbos. I usually trade value for value. For example, if you paid $25 for your jumbo, I would trade two $12.95 pins for it. Or three $8.95 pins for it. Limited editon size also plays into it.

I have jumbos at home, but have not displayed them yet. Some are 12-inch by 7-inch. I know of one trader at DLR who wears a certain jumbo pin on his vest. It suits him well and it's held on by the locking pin backs they sell in stores.

Depending on the pins, I would even make an offer for them. If you are interested or have other questions, contact me privately or post here. :D

Mr.Abominable
03-27-2007, 10:40 PM
We always use one jumbo pin as an anchor at the bottom of our lanyard. The double pins keep the two sides of the lanyard apart so that the other pins do not bump into each other. Plus they always catch people's eye, especially CMs who will ask , "where did you find that one?" :)

Pirate Princess
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I don't want to start a pin book or get a pin bag because I know it will be all down hill for my wallet after that. I guess I will trade them... hopefully for more than one pin each. Perhaps I will keep one jumbo pin for the bottom of my DS's (yet to be purchased) lanyard. I am trying to keep with the Stitch theme and a large one might tie it together at the end... hmmmm.

JohnGar
03-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I don't want to start a pin book or get a pin bag because I know it will be all down hill for my wallet after that. I guess I will trade them... hopefully for more than one pin each. Perhaps I will keep one jumbo pin for the bottom of my DS's (yet to be purchased) lanyard. I am trying to keep with the Stitch theme and a large one might tie it together at the end... hmmmm.

I would suggest the locking pin backs, available from the DLR stores. It locks with an small allen wrench (included in the pack) and you get eight backs in a pack. Best way to protect the investment.