PDA

View Full Version : What restaurants have you NOT eaten at yet?

Pages : [1] 2

dgthx
06-01-2001, 12:05 PM
I have yet to eat at:

River Belle Terrace
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
Plaza Inn
Blue Ribbon Bakery
Blue Bayou
Club 33
Cafe Orleans
Royal Street Veranda
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
Pluto's Dog House
Daisy's Diner

Do you recommend any of these restaurants (besides Blue Bayou and Club 33 of course!) Am I missing out on anything?

Napsto
06-01-2001, 12:09 PM
where do you eat????????

dgthx
06-01-2001, 12:18 PM
At Disneyland, we eat most often at the Hungry Bear or the French Market, but half the time we leave for lunch or dinner, eat somewhere that is more affordable and has better food, and then come back for the rest of the day.

lisap
06-01-2001, 12:53 PM
We choose Pizza Port most often. The food is very good--pizza and pasta and salads. The atmosphere is ok--try to hit on off hours--can get a bit loud.

80S ERA
06-01-2001, 01:05 PM
Still haven't ate at:

Storyteller's Cafe
Practically Perfect Tea
Club 33

For those of you who want a secret getaway for a snack, try "Whitewater Snacks" in the Grand Californian Hotel. The food is decent, but the atmosphere is magnificent! But I guess its not a secret after this post, unless you guys keep this to yourselves....shhhhh! I admire the hotel guests who come by for a drink or snack to accompany their book. Its the perfect place for that.

lisap
06-01-2001, 03:32 PM
Storyteller is very good as I've mentioned before, and the Practically Perfect Tea is a lot of fun. I took my two girls and Grandma to it around Christmastime last year and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.( Kind of a girly thing though ;) )

EandCDad
06-01-2001, 06:17 PM
I have not eaten at the ESPN Zone and the Rainforest Cafe thread says they have GREAT Appetizers. Any specific recommendations if we go there. What's the best of the best?

EandCDad
12-11-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA

For those of you who want a secret getaway for a snack, try "Whitewater Snacks" in the Grand Californian Hotel. The food is decent, but the atmosphere is magnificent! But I guess its not a secret after this post, unless you guys keep this to yourselves....shhhhh! I admire the hotel guests who come by for a drink or snack to accompany their book. Its the perfect place for that.

I must second this emotion by 80's Era. We ate there for the first time yesterday. It was peaceful and the food was pretty good and inexpensive. We fed the whole family for about $18 and got a 10% AP discount even though we are only So. Cal. APs.

I think the name is a little bit of a misnomer. It sounds like they only have snack foods (like chips, popcorn, drinks). They have a regular menu including a burger (which was great), pizza, chicken sandwiches, and an ok kids menu. You can get a refill on your soda.

Our cashier said that APs like Whitewater Snacks because "there are no lines and it is quiet." Along with good food, that about says it all.

innerSpaceman
12-11-2001, 07:51 PM
I have eaten at every restaurant inside Disneyland and at the DLand hotel. Now that there's DCA and Downtown Diz and Grand Cal, there are a whole bunch of restaurants I have not eaten at, and don't know if I ever will.

Whitewater Snacks is the only thing I'm interested in at Grand Cal. Might try Storyteller Cafe one day, but Napa Rose is right out unless I win the lottery.

Have yet to hit ESPN Zone, Jazz Kitchen, Catal (or however the Uva Bar's restaurant is spelled) at Downtown Disney.

As for DCA - at the rate I visit that park, it will take years before I've sampled all the food. Avalon Cove was good while it lasted. Award Weiners has good fries. Everything else there is a mystery to me - and until the park improves, it can stay that way.

driftwood714
12-11-2001, 09:52 PM
Napa Rose is definately a jewel among the Resort's restaurants. I had Sunday brunch this past weekend, although it was a bit pricey (18 to 28 dollars per person depending on # of courses). The service was amazing. I felt like royalty. The food was great as well. They were willing to bend over backwards for you. A member of my party asked for a tea they didn't have and our waiter managed to find it. He came back joking he picked it himself from Tomorrowland where they grow edible foods. I have yet to try their dinner menu, but will soon.

Crazytigger
12-12-2001, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by lisap
Storyteller is very good as I've mentioned before, and the Practically Perfect Tea is a lot of fun. I took my two girls and Grandma to it around Christmastime last year and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.( Kind of a girly thing though ;) )

Ok I might get some flak here being as I am a guy and all, but Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies and I have always wanted to do the tea thing. Am I crazy?

tjrj
12-12-2001, 07:07 AM
Eaten everywhere in DL over the years but on our trip last week, we missed Redd Rocket's Pizza Port-it was on the list but we ran out of time.

Definitely second(or is that third) the votes for Whitewater Snacks at the GC-I had the carne asada tacos-they were incredible!

Had a wonderful time at Storyteller's Cafe and Napa Rose was on the "to do" list but again ran out of time.

EandC Dad: we LOVED ESPN Zone-for appetizers as well as entrees-plus as a certified sports nut, the atmosphere was great.

EandCDad
12-12-2001, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by tjrj

EandC Dad: we LOVED ESPN Zone-for appetizers as well as entrees-plus as a certified sports nut, the atmosphere was great.

Since I posted that original question (back in June I think) we have gone to the ESPN Zone and I had a very tasty steak sandwich. I agree it has great (albeit loud) atmosphere.

disneylandlive
12-12-2001, 07:51 PM
Village Haus, Club Buzz, all the Toontown restaraunts, and Club 33.

DisneyGurly
12-12-2001, 08:21 PM
the places that i really wanna eat at are club 33 and the blue bayou. Also i love mouskemeals even though they are recommended for 9 year olds.(that has no relevance...but hay!):)

LIMANDL4EVA
12-12-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by dgthx
I have yet to eat at:

River Belle Terrace
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
Plaza Inn
Blue Ribbon Bakery
Blue Bayou
Club 33
Cafe Orleans
Royal Street Veranda
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
Pluto's Dog House
Daisy's Diner

Do you recommend any of these restaurants (besides Blue Bayou and Club 33 of course!) Am I missing out on anything?
I personaly love redd rockets, but others will differ, i persoanll think 5 bucks for a big slice of pizza is too much, but them again its good food. im probably opening up a can of worms here:)

LIMANDL4EVA
12-12-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGurly
the places that i really wanna eat at are club 33 and the blue bayou
ive eaten at club 33
its REALLY neat, the food is EXPENSIVE im talking BIG BUCKS HERE
but its mostly about the expierence not the food, so when you go there, its pretty overwhelming and reality doenst hit you to where you actually are until you have already left the resuraunt:D

disneylandlive
12-12-2001, 08:27 PM
What's the price range on a Club 33 meal and what does the menu consist of?

Julie
12-12-2001, 08:28 PM
The only places I haven't eaten at yet are

Pluto's Dog House (b/c I'm rarely in Toontown) and

Carnation Cafe

in DCA:

Avalon Cove

Burger Invasion (for obvious reasons)

at DTD:

the Uva bar

and the Italian place (can't remember the name!)

LIMANDL4EVA
12-12-2001, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by disneylandlive
What's the price range on a Club 33 meal and what does the menu consist of?
i believ about 30 bucks for a steak, but im not sure, but for a group of 5 it was $400 toatl, because u really get causght up in the moment and buy every thing you can, they realy nail you with money on the desserts

Napsto
12-12-2001, 09:04 PM
club 33 is good, i recomend it

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA

I personaly love redd rockets, but others will differ, i persoanll think 5 bucks for a big slice of pizza is too much, but them again its good food. im probably opening up a can of worms here:)

The slices of pizza are quite large and very tasty. With the AP discount, it's worth it IMHO.

dgthx: I would recommend checking out Redd Rocket's and the Blue Ribbon Bakery. Go to the bakery first thing in the morning and grab a cinnamon roll. They're great!!

I haven't been to most of the restaurants at DL. Haven't done any in New Orleans Square or Adventureland (unless you count the magical Tiki Room stand). I usually don't eat when I'm at the park, to save money. Dining isn't really an integral part of my DL experiences.

MammaSilva
02-07-2002, 03:19 PM
For us..in Disneyland, the only place we haven't eaten is Club 33....our favs are River Belle or Plaza Inn for breakfast....Coke Corner/Blue Ribbon Bakery for quick "on the go meals" sit down and enjoy it meals.. Blue Bayou, French Market, Pizza Port....the village haus is ok for a snack but we never seem to be in that area at "meal time"

Dave Z
02-07-2002, 03:42 PM
The Corndog Cart or Palace but I'm going there later this month, for sure.

tink360
02-26-2002, 09:51 PM
the only places we haven't tried are the bengal barbecue, the little stand near the canoes, club 33 and the restaurants in the disney hotel. Have only been to jazz kitchen in downtown disney - had the gumbo and tried the beignets. We liked this place, food was ok. We wanted to try the rainforest restaurant but the wait was 45 min & it was gettting pretty late.