PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Advice - Disneyland

ZeonStar
03-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey guys.

Got a few questions about Transportation to and From Disneyland. I figure this is the right place.

First off I plan to take a Super Shuttle from the Airport (LAX) To my Hotel, The Garden Grovr Hyatt. I was going to do the online res system and one question threw me. It asks for my flight time. But do they want the time the flight LEAVES where I am coming from? That sounds odd to me, but it does seem like it's what they want. Still I just want to be sure.

Also, what are some good options to get BACK to the airport when I go home? Should I just get another Super Shuttle? Or do the Hotels usually have thier own option for Airport transportation?

Thanks for the help.

samsma
03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
I would imagine the time they want is your arrival time, so they could have some kind of idea how many people will be looking for a shuttle at that time. I have also never heard of a hotel arranging transport(unless you happen to be a VIP or something). So I would plan on booking a shuttle back to the airport. I have never used the Super Shuttle before, we used the big Disney bus(I forget the company name) but if I were you I would wait until you have tried it first, and then book the return, just in case, as there are a lot of different options.

ZeonStar
03-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the info.

I used that Disney Shuttle my last trip actually. But I was going to and From SNA. I'm on a tighter schedule this time, which is why Im flying into LAX, it had better flight times.

Thankss for the info about SS though. Makes sense they want the arrival time; they just word it weird.

ssturgeo
03-28-2007, 07:55 AM
I have used the Supper Shuttle several times from LAX and will be using it again in May. I take it both ways, to and from the hotel. When taking it back to the airport, you need to call 24 hours in advance and give them the time you want to be picked up. They have always arrived promptly (usually earlier) at my requested time.

ZeonStar
03-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Can you also just use the online reservation system for your shuttle from your hotel back to the airport, or is it better to call for that trip?

How much time do I need to get back to the airport? My flight is later on a Tuesday night so I imagine (Hope) it would be a slower traffic wise and such. My flight is around 10pm.

Mark099
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
How much does the shuttle cost from LAX? We will be travelling with 2 adults and 2 children.

I can get a mid-size car rental for $115 for 6 days and am assuming the shuttle would be more expensive for a return trip.

vegasmommytoDL
03-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I can get a mid-size car rental for $115 for 6 days and am assuming the shuttle would be more expensive for a return trip.

I find that unless you plan to do a lot that isn't around Disneyland then a car isn't as useful. Especially if you are close enough to walk or use the ART. Disneyland charges $11 a day to park!

lofosho
03-28-2007, 09:47 AM
I use the shuttles from LAX once a month, and they're great! I've tried all of them, and prime time shuttle (the red vans) is the best. They call you to confirm, and when they are picking me up at school they are always exactly on time.

The reason they ask for your flight information is so that way if your flight is delayed they already know! Just trust them, it all seems crazy when they're out there on the curb with 100 vans and walkie talkies, but they know what they're doing:D

ZeonStar
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
But the site does want the ARRIVAL time of my flight right lofosho? Just checking.

lofosho
03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
yes, on the prime time shuttle page they want your arrival time. when they take you BACK to the airport when you leave, they want your departure time :)

If there is a mixup with the time you get to the airport (when you first get there), dont stress because you really dont reed a reservation anyway. people just walk off the planes and get on with no reservation at all!:D

Mark099
03-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I find that unless you plan to do a lot that isn't around Disneyland then a car isn't as useful. Especially if you are close enough to walk or use the ART. Disneyland charges $11 a day to park!

We don't do a lot of driving, but we would use the car 3-4 times if available. Parking is free where we are staying and we'll walk to Disneyland.

VickiC
03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Then get a car. There is no cheaper option to get all of you there and back.

samsma
03-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I love having a rental car in Anaheim. We also got a really good rental rate(the same as taking the shuttle), and left the car at the hotel, and took the ART(it was free at our hotel-a promo).The car is handy for going to different restaurants, and getting some groceries in, and also to go to the beach. When it's the same price as a shuttle, why not?!

Mark099
03-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Then get a car. There is no cheaper option to get all of you there and back.

I love having a rental car in Anaheim. We also got a really good rental rate(the same as taking the shuttle), and left the car at the hotel, and took the ART(it was free at our hotel-a promo).The car is handy for going to different restaurants, and getting some groceries in, and also to go to the beach. When it's the same price as a shuttle, why not?!

I am just asking in case the shuttle prices have come down.

Yes, having a car is a great deal in SoCal. It will definitely enhance our shopping and dining options.