PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

mynameisearl
03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I am not sure if this has been covered on these boards, but does anyone have any info on what type of ride TSM is going to be when it opens? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Another Dimension
03-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Digital 4D next generation dark ride shooter.

disneyroxxx
03-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Is it going to be like the Men In Black ride?

mynameisearl
03-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Digital 4D next generation dark ride shooter.

Translation Please! :)

rokketride
03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Like a next-gen Buzz Lightyear?

Wallad1075
03-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Like a next-gen Buzz Lightyear?

Like that, but more interactive. Guests will be able to "activate" certain portions of the ride using the attachments in the ride vehicle. So while the ride itself will probably be similar to Buzz, it will be more in depth with a concept focusing on a different ride experience each time for the guest.

simbaNnala101
03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
OMG this is so cool! I am so excited! i have not heared anything about this yet! Does anyone know anything about this? Where is it located and what is it? Does anyone know when it opens I am so stooked!!!!:D

~Ash~

Another Dimension
03-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Translation Please! :)

Disney is taking the 3D imagery (very minimal sets and highly reliant on projected images -- and requiring 3D glasses) ride technologies from the Islands of Adventures Spiderman attraction and combining them with the shooting/scoring aspects of Buzz and Men in Black, etc... and also adding in the smells, wind and water FX of a 4D attraction like Muppets, Bugs 3D and HISTA.

....plus AA's, other special FX, WDI-hinted-at scoring twists (further seperating Mania from Buzz and MiB), and of course it will have some Imagineering surprises not yet revealed. :)

Also, it's been said that Mania will be fairly easy for WDI to change out individual scenes or even alternate the whole attraction theme if they choose... so Mania could one day be converted to a Christmas or Halloween themed seasonal attraction and/or have Toy Story 3 characters added to the attraction to coincide with the new movie opening in 2009 or 2010.

Disney has hyped many attractions with high-changeover potential before, but they are rarely ever changed.

Even without seasonal or special promotion layovers, Mania still sounds like a lot of fun to me. It's still a ways off though. :geek:

OMG this is so cool! I am so excited! i have not heared anything about this yet! Does anyone know anything about this?

See above... :)

Where is it located

Under California Screamin' at DCA.

and what is it?

See above... :)

Does anyone know when it opens I am so stooked!!!!:D

RockDoc07
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
One thing I also heard was that the scoring system was actually going to be interactive and user dependent from scene to scene, in other words, if you are really bad at scoring, the game will become progressively easier, whereas if you are really good, the game will ramp itself up for you and challenge you even more. I think this is a good idea for the little kids who get frustrated at having difficulties scoring at buzz while their older siblings are beating the pants off them.

Rex would be way jealous, if he could figure out how to hit the jump button and fire button at the same time.

Cool Runnings all!
Doc

samsma
03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
One thing I also heard was that the scoring system was actually going to be interactive and user dependent from scene to scene, in other words, if you are really bad at scoring, the game will become progressively easier, whereas if you are really good, the game will ramp itself up for you and challenge you even more. I think this is a good idea for the little kids who get frustrated at having difficulties scoring at buzz while their older siblings are beating the pants off them.
Doc

KIDS?!? Heck this is a great idea for Moms, so the kids don't beat US and think were just to lame to play!