PDA

View Full Version : Harold [yeti] hat

drjones
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
While waiting in line for PotC for the 40th i saw a guy leaning over the railing of the Disney Gallery wearing a Harold hat similar to the stitch devouring your head hat. has anyone else seen these hats. i want one and havent seen them in the park. for those of you who do not know, Harold is what CM's refer to the snow monster in the Matterhorn

Drince88
03-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Are you sure it's Harold? I believe they sell those hats at Expedition:Everest in Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World. But I'm pretty sure his name isn't Harold.

Another Dimension
03-26-2007, 11:39 PM
...that Yeti sure is a hotty though.

No offense, Harold.

stan4d_steph
03-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Are you sure it's Harold? I believe they sell those hats at Expedition:Everest in Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World. But I'm pretty sure his name isn't Harold.Harold is the nickname for the Yeti in the Matterhorn. Do they sell the yeti hats at DL?

Califgirl
03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
The hat is the Yeti hat from WDW, Expedition Everest. I know the guy who was wearing it. There was a group of us for a meet that day. The Jungle Cruise skipper called him "Yeti man" and it stuck. Now we all call him Yeti Man. The POC ride operator was kind enough to alert him:"Sir, there's a monster eating your head". The hat was the source of a lot of laughs that day. Unfortuantely, it's not available at Disneyland.

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Ok, now I gotta see a picture of this hat. . . off to Google image search. . . :D

Another Dimension
03-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Any luck on a pic? :)

DangerMouse
03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Nope, I can't find a pic anywhere! :(

stan4d_steph
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
There's one in Mark Goldhaber's photo tour of the ride. Here's a direct link to the picture (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/WDWAKEverestprocessed/everest_yeti_merchandise.jpg). The hats are hanging on the left of the photo just under the shirts. :)

hbquikcomjamesl
03-27-2007, 10:42 AM
There's still a family of yeti in the Matterhorn? I thought they'd called an exterminator!

Another Dimension
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the link to the pic... :)

drjones
03-30-2007, 02:24 PM
so the yeti hat is only avail at WDW? Such a shame.
the one thing that is branded disney world that they do NOT sell at Dineyland.

I still want one though.

Another Dimension
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
so the yeti hat is only avail at WDW? Such a shame. The one thing that is branded disney world that they do NOT sell at Disneyland.
I still want one though.

I agree with all of the above statements. :D

They don't sell cool WDW Yeti stuff at DL... but Adventureland in DL still has dozens of "Countdown to Extinction" and "Dinosaur" toys left, after selling them for a few years now.
:rolleyes:

TheYeti
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I am a huge Yeti fan (obviously) and have wanted Yeti merchandise to catch on for years. It was good to hear that at least a hat is available. I was just disappointed to hear it was only available at WDW. Well maybe some this will turn up at the Disney outlet store near Anaheim or the one in Vegas. I have found WDW items there in the past. The search continues for that elusive Yeti.

Drince88
03-31-2007, 02:01 AM
You can call WDW stores and have them send you an item. I'm going today, and AK will be a stop, so I'll stop in there and get the sku number off of the hat and post it here with the phone number in about a week (provided they're still selling the hats!)

drjones
03-31-2007, 10:40 PM
going to DL tomorrow morning, maybe they are in ONE of the hat shops. One could always hope. I didn't have time to search last time i was there.

Drince88
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I was working on my trip report and remembered that I was supposed to post information about this hat.

It's $22 and the upc code is 4 0011302500 4. You can contact WDW Mail order at 407 363 6200 or by email at wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com. I took a picture of the tag, but didn't take a picture of my 3 yr old nephew modeling it (he did look cute, too!)