PDA

View Full Version : Spa at the Grand Californian

cillydznygirl
03-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Good Day All!!

I am new to the board and have enjoyed reading everybodys comments. My family is planning a trip to DLR in October and I have a lot of questions. I don't want to overload you all with a ton right away. So I am going to start with an easy one (I hope). Has anyone tried the Spa at the GC? I am thinking about treating my mom to a massage. And I was just curious how you would rate it.

Thanks,
Priscilla

samsma
03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Can't help you on the spa, but I do LOVE your'e name!

cillydznygirl
03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
LOL!! Why thank you very much. Yours ain't bad either ;)

Niwel
03-26-2007, 02:37 PM
One word: awesome.
I wrote it up for this (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm070320sl) article for MousePlanet.
HIGHLY recommend the Balinese massage. :)
The locker room is not huge and neither is the waiting area for the massage. But the staff was very good and it is great for a break in the day.

emmah
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Has anyone tried the Spa at the GC? I am thinking about treating my mom to a massage. And I was just curious how you would rate it. Thanks, Priscilla

Hi Priscilla, I spent a few blissful hours at the spa in january. I had been on holiday for 3 weeks and my feet were KILLING me. I went in for a reflexology massage (feet) and a manicure, and also had a steam bath. It was heavenly; I floated out 3 hours later with my feet feeling like a million dollars. It was definitely worth it. I will definitely schedule in that kind of pampering to future trips to DL! You mum will be delighted with such a gift; note also that if she doesn't ordinarily get massage and feels uncomfortable, they can schedule a masseuse of a particular gender, and they have massage (such as reflexology) that does not get too intimate.