PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland/California Adventure 6/10

snappy
06-10-2002, 09:06 PM
6/10 Trip to Disneyland
*Why in the world was it so busy today? Disneyland was packed with people.
*Splash mountain. Printed the Fastpass at 12:30 with a return time of 6:35pm. WOW.
*Splash mountain C.M. (several not all) need a training session on loading passengers with new gates. They have trouble sending the correct number of guest/per gate. Guest are confused and it's causing the huge delay. Not fun.
* Standby line for Splash was 120 minutes at its peak.
*Matterhorn had both lines coming together to complete a circle. Funny thing is the sign said wait time of 35 minutes, I don't think so.
*Space Mountain wait time was up to 75 minutes.
* Star Tours even had a standby time of 45 minutes.
*Pirates standby was up to 50 minutes for awhile and then back to 45 min. Line extended pass and up the bridge.
*Haunted Mansion 45-50 minute standby.
* Just wanted to share this information for those visiting us in So. Cal. Isn't school still in session?

Rallymonkey23
06-10-2002, 09:15 PM
That reminds me. We went last night and saw 2 full rows of school busses lined up in the Pinnochio section of the parking lot. Must be alot of schools there this time of year. Were there alot of kids there today?

Matterhorn Fan
06-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by snappy
*Matterhorn had both lines coming together to complete a circle. Funny thing is the sign said wait time of 35 minutes, I don't think so.Actually, that sounds accurate. Did it take you longer to get on?

disneynut
06-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Were there alot of kids there today?
I don't know about today....unfortunately I live too far away to be privy to that information.:( HOWEVER...my mother-in-law's school is taking certain 3rd to 5th grade classes to DCA tomorrow. And I know my brother's Grad Nite at DL is the middle of this week, although that doesn't affect normal operating hours. I guess it's just that time of the year.

snappy
06-10-2002, 09:26 PM
There was tons of children ranging from 5-6(age) to teenagers. It appeared that a lot of summer programs are beginning to start up. Kids with camp names and stuff.
* Arrived at Disneyland at 11:00am and the line to get in was very long.
* Ended up walking through Down Town Disney and taking the monorail in. Pretty good considering when they load people at the Tomorrow Land station they appear to leave the first two cars empty. We were able to load on the 2nd monorail.
* 1st ride of the day and almost the last.

TP2000
06-10-2002, 09:28 PM
What was DCA like? Was it as crowded as Disneyland?

snappy
06-10-2002, 09:45 PM
Disney's California Adventure

* There was hardly no one at DCA.
* Sorin standby was approx. 35 min
* Screamin standby 35-40 min
*Grizzly Rapids standby 25 minutes.
*Blast was just a walk up and get a seat.

Being an A.P holder we find ourselves spending more time there than at Disneyland(when packed with guest). It's nice to be able to walk down a street and not bump elbows with fellow guest.

Uncle Dick
06-10-2002, 09:54 PM
I was talking to an adult chaperone supervising one of these groups the other day, and he said that a lot of junior high schools were celebrating their graduation with a day trip to Disneyland. Thank God it only happens once a year… Those kids are bad!

80S ERA
06-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I was talking to an adult chaperone supervising one of these groups the other day, and he said that a lot of junior high schools were celebrating their graduation with a day trip to Disneyland. Thank God it only happens once a year… Those kids are bad!

Jr High Graduation at Disneyland. Now, that was fun! I remember mine back in 1987 and it still is the best trip I've ever had in the park!

I was there yesterday, too (6/10). It was packed! Didn't go on any rides, though.

ksejr1
06-11-2002, 09:59 AM
I was at both parks yesterday also. I didn't notice all the kids until I waited for the tram to the parking structure. They were junior high kids graduating and were taking their trip to disneyland before the year was over before going to high school. They were very annoying.

DJ_MENTOS
06-11-2002, 10:53 AM
I was there also yesterday. The reason that it is so packed is because most schools have let out for summer. Also there are lots of schools going to D-Land as a field trip. (they are the worst kids, and im 19) The reason they couldn't do summer hours this week 9-10, was because of the last grad nites this week. Next week summer officially starts at D-Land

-DJ_MENTOS

Rallymonkey23
06-11-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DJ_MENTOS
Next week summer officially starts at D-Land
-DJ_MENTOS

YES!! YES!! YES!!!

Looks like I moved down here just in time. :cool:

lisap
06-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

ug. One of the few days we get to go and it was soooo crowded.

Hopefully Wednesday will be a bit better. Getting our last licks in before we're blacked out... :crying:

Disney Nick
06-11-2002, 12:29 PM
Poor lisap... I propose we start a fund to upgrade her to Premium AP!! :D

lisap
06-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Poor lisap... I propose we start a fund to upgrade her to Premium AP!! :D

Awww, that's nice :) The really funny thing is that Matterhorn Fan pointed out to me that I'm blacked out tomorrrow! I would have skipped right up to the gate and been slapped down :(