PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody... [Club 33 question]

Ivann82
03-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Hello! Just became a member today so I wanted to say hello to everyone.

I have a question that I hope is not in poor taste. See, my best friend and I went to Disneyland last week and while we were there he took me to see the door to "Club 33". I didn't even know such a thing existed until that day. So, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to get into club 33? I mean, I looked it up and it gave me some information about there being a waiting list of 7 - 10 years and having to pay incredible amounts of money for the subscription. I would like to take my best friend for his 21st birthday on August 12, so I don't want the yearly subscription. It would just be a one time thing. Does anybody know if they have such a thing as a one day visit thing???

I appreciate the help and like I said, I hope my question isn't in poor taste.

Thanks,

Ivann

MrsPooh
03-26-2007, 12:02 PM
The only way that I know of to get in is to have a member invite you.

It took me several years of wanting before I got an invitation from a very dear friend. My first visit was last weekend.

Good luck on your quest, and I hope you find someone to take you!

Malcon10t
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Hello! Just became a member today so I wanted to say hello to everyone.

I have a question that I hope is not in poor taste. See, my best friend and I went to Disneyland last week and while we were there he took me to see the door to "Club 33". I didn't even know such a thing existed until that day. So, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to get into club 33? I mean, I looked it up and it gave me some information about there being a waiting list of 7 - 10 years and having to pay incredible amounts of money for the subscription. I would like to take my best friend for his 21st birthday on August 12, so I don't want the yearly subscription. It would just be a one time thing. Does anybody know if they have such a thing as a one day visit thing???

I appreciate the help and like I said, I hope my question isn't in poor taste.

Thanks,

Ivann
They don't. But check with the company you work for, the one he works for and everyone you know. You may find someone who has a membership who is willing to take you as a guest. I wouldn't expect a stranger to, because the risk is great (you decide not to show, they get billed anyway.)

woody9six
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello and welcome Ivann. I might recommend using the search feature to find previous information on this topic. It will get you the information you are looking for much more quickly. I have done this on several occasions and the topic I am asking about has usually be discussed before.

I hope you enjoy your time here! Tons of valuable info...

Ivann82
03-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks everybody for replying. I'm definitely going to look into it. I appreciate your replies. :)

wabby1
03-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Its really a matter of finding someone who has a membership. I was fortunate 2 years ago to get in through Coca-Cola. I was employed by one of their distributors, and because we were celebrating my sister's 50th birthday which coincided with D/L.....Coke made an exception and I was able to gain access to the Club. Coke rarely gives passes to employees however, so we were extremely lucky. I'm thinking that it will be a once in a lifetime experience, unless I'm lucky enough to come across some other member who would have me as a guest. And remember that even having lunch there is not cheap.....We spent well over $200 for 4 of us.....just for lunch. Dinner is much more.....

MrsPooh
03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Dinner was over $100 a person for us, including drinks.

Expensive, but well worth it! ;)

VickiC
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Its really a matter of finding someone who has a membership. I was fortunate 2 years ago to get in through Coca-Cola. I was employed by one of their distributors, and because we were celebrating my sister's 50th birthday which coincided with D/L.....Coke made an exception and I was able to gain access to the Club. Coke rarely gives passes to employees however, so we were extremely lucky.

Probably hoarding it for th ecustomers. DH used to work at a company that is a major customer of Coke and they frequently got invites. Coke lavishes stuff like that on certain customers. They also flew all the execs to the Olympics every 2 years and got them choice seats since Coke is always a big sponsor.

Malcon10t
03-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Its really a matter of finding someone who has a membership. I was fortunate 2 years ago to get in through Coca-Cola. I was employed by one of their distributors, and because we were celebrating my sister's 50th birthday which coincided with D/L.....Coke made an exception and I was able to gain access to the Club. Coke rarely gives passes to employees however, so we were extremely lucky. I'm thinking that it will be a once in a lifetime experience, unless I'm lucky enough to come across some other member who would have me as a guest. And remember that even having lunch there is not cheap.....We spent well over $200 for 4 of us.....just for lunch. Dinner is much more.....I got on the wait list several years ago with the hopes of having a membership by the time my kids' started turning 21. (I mean, how many kids can say their first (legal) drink was at Club 33!) Well, my daughter will be 21 this summer, and we still have years to wait. <sigh> Maybe by the time their kids are 21.