PDA

View Full Version : How to see the Indian Village w/ the Mark Twain down?

Amneris
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
We'll be visiting the week of May 6th. I just read today that the Mark Twain won't be running. We have elderly people in our party, so if the canoes are working, that isn't an option. We should be able to ride the train the first day, but that's just the backs of the Indians. Will the Columbia be sailing then? Is there any other way we'll be able to get a good look at the Indian Village?

Andrew
03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
When the Twain is drydocked, the Columbia is usually running. You should be able to see the Indian Village anyway.

Bytebear
03-26-2007, 10:35 AM
The Colombia is at the loading dock, but only for display. It is not sailing. Your best bet is the canoes.

Mark Mywords
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
The Colombia is at the loading dock, but only for display. It is not sailing. Your best bet is the canoes.

It is running. I just rode the Columbia on Friday night. And yes, It has a great view of the Indian Village.

FunAuntSherry
03-26-2007, 03:39 PM
From what I've heard from a post or two on here and my PAP holding (jealous me) friend in Cali the Columbia sails in the evenings.

:)

AVP
03-26-2007, 06:05 PM
The Columbia is currently running only after 7:00 pm, presumably because you can't see the construction after dark.

You can take a trip on the canoes to see the back side of the island, but you'll likely be too busy paddling to take photos.

AVP

Bytebear
03-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I remember a few years back, as they were preparing for the 50th celebration, a lot of stuff was going on, and walking down Main Street you could see a huge construction crane behind the Arcade. It was very strange, and you did lose that "Disney" feeling. I imagine seeing a bulldozer on Tom Sawyer would have the same effect, and that is what they want to avoid.

Amneris
03-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys! I will keep my fingers crossed that the Columbia will be sailing and that it won't be too dark out! :)

Jungle Cruiser
03-27-2007, 09:51 AM
We were in the park last week and the Columbia was sailing during the daytime on certain days. It was only when they were moving equipment to Tom Sawyer island that they did not run the Columbia until after 7. The canoes only run on the weekends. Also, I heard the train is going to be down longer than expected because they have to replace the bridge in Critter Country. It looks like the Columbia after 7 p.m. is your only sure bet to see anything on Tom Sawyer island.