PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Visit!

teddymom1
03-26-2007, 06:20 AM
My 2nd visit to DL is quickly approaching! We leave April 14 and return home on April 21 and I'm getting very excited!! We have the 5-day Hopper pass and am wondering if you can give me suggestions for the other 2 days we're there. I'm travelling with my son, daughter-in-law, 6-year old grandson & 2 month old granddaughter. We will have a rental vehicle while we're there so travelling a short distance is not a problem. Are there any water parks open in the area?

Thanks for your help.

Sue

Vegitabeta
03-26-2007, 06:31 AM
How about Universal Studios?

samsma
03-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Or how about a day at the beach? Huntington Beach is beautiful and only about 25 min. away.
Or your grandson might enjoy a trip to Legoland.

Bytebear
03-26-2007, 08:53 AM
There is a water park (Wild Rivers) but it isn't open for the season yet (The park opens in late May). I agree. Huntington Beach is a nice choice. Newport Beach is nice as well, and if you want a bit of a different experience, you can take a small car ferry to Balboa Island, which has a beach boardwalk with a few carnival rides.
Just do a maps.google.com and you can see the roads to the ferry and the beaches, or check out http://www.balboa-island.net.

teddymom1
03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks so much - love your suggestions! We will definitely do a 'beach day' and both LegoLand & Universal Studios look like they would be fun too. So much to see & do and so little time!!

Sue

River Belle
03-26-2007, 11:14 AM
This is only my opinion, but we were really disappointed with our trip to Legoland. While there are several attractions your grandson may enjoy, there isn't too much for your granddaughter to do, and other than the incredible lego diarama and a few rides, there isn't much you can all do together.

If you're heading to San Diego, I'd vote for the Zoo, and Balboa park right next door, with some wonderful restaurants and beautiful outdoor areas for exploring.