PDA

View Full Version : Pirates [changes to ride narration]

Jenniem56
03-25-2007, 07:25 PM
I was at Disneyland the other day and i know they had added things to POTC and if im not mistaking, was there always a echo saying "dead mans chest"? For some reason i remember hearing such a echo before and if they named POTC dead mans cheat for a reason. Just a little something i was thinking about.

Foodie
03-25-2007, 07:45 PM
When in the ride do you hear it? I went in August and am trying to recall if I heard that or not...
-Foodie

olegc
03-25-2007, 08:19 PM
not "dead man's chest"
the phrase is "dead men tell no tales"

it's always been in the tunnel - but now is heard more often as the space between davy jones' curse calls. previously it had paul frees spouting 'no fear of evil curses says you - argh!' and then 'perhaps ye knows too much"...

wishIwasthe_Mouse
03-26-2007, 09:09 AM
they have never said "Dead mans chest" it was dead man tell no tales and thats not even there any more... mabey dead men do tell tales.....

yohomama212
03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
They have the erie voice saying "Dead men tell no tales" then Davey Jones appears on the mist curtain and in one cycle says, "Aye, dead men do tell tales. So says I, Davey Jones." I was on it last night and DS kept repeating that after the ride was over! So glad to see the crab back too!!

Liz :cool:

disneyhound
03-26-2007, 10:00 AM
They have the erie voice saying "Dead men tell no tales" then Davey Jones appears on the mist curtain and in one cycle says, "Aye, dead men do tell tales. So says I, Davey Jones." I was on it last night and DS kept repeating that after the ride was over! So glad to see the crab back too!!

Love that new mist curtain... :p

yohomama212
03-26-2007, 10:21 AM
My kids always put their hands up to "get wet" when we go through the mist curtain! So last night was no different. On the drops, DS gets a little chicken, but I convinced him last night to let go of the rail and put his hands up for the drops. The first one scared him and the second one was better. So we got to the mist curtain and DS put his hands up immediately. Well, the people in the row behind us had never been on the ride before (or we're assuming so, they weren't speaking English and we could only guess by their reactions)... we think they were expecting another drop! They got all excited, the we just coasted through and they sounded very disappointed all of a sudden! Oops!

Jenniem56
03-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Oh ok! well either way, now i know. thanx everyone :D

raediance
03-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Love that new mist curtain... :p
me too! no matter how many times i've ridden it i put my arms over my head. x)

Foodie
03-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I always did that too! And every time I was on the ride, the people on the boats ahead of us would do it too. It's weird, because you can't feel anything, but it seems like you can't help doing it!

-Foodie:)

woody9six
03-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh ok! well either way, now i know. thanx everyone :D

"Properly warned ye be says I." :D

As much as I like the mist curtain/Davy Jones effect...I do miss the old Paul Frees segment. And for those of you who aren't aware...there is a great CD available that has the original Ride Thru soundtrack. I don't know if it is available at the park still but I have seen it online at a couple of different locations.

Lekta
03-28-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm so looking forward to seeing the "new" pirates!