PDA

View Full Version : WDW vet going to Disneyland for 1st time

cdavishb
03-25-2007, 04:42 PM
We have been to WDW over 15 times in the past 17 years. As we are from Maryland, we have never been to DL and are planning to go June 16 for 4 nights. Since we arrive on a Saturday at LAX around 10:00 AM, how long will it take to rent a car and drive to DL and will DL be so crowded that we would be better off avoiding DL until Sunday?

samsma
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
We rented a car at LAX in Feb. and drove to our hotel right by Disneyland. I would say that you could expect to be there by noon. We had landed at 9am,we took the Thrifty shuttle to the car lot(about 5 min away) filled out our paperwork and checked out the car, stopped for a quick bite,and figured out the map. We arrived at 11am at our hotel which was 5 min past Disneyland. Hope this helps!

bassett1976
03-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I would say that it would take you about an hour to travel to DL from LAX at that time. It is always dependent on the traffic in/around Los Angeles. Try to listen to KFWB (980 am) to get a traffic report. I would also make an alternate route if you find that the traffic is bad on the freeway you wanted to take.

Drince88
03-26-2007, 03:53 AM
I would say that it would take you about an hour to travel to DL from LAX at that time. It is always dependent on the traffic in/around Los Angeles. Try to listen to KFWB (980 am) to get a traffic report. I would also make an alternate route if you find that the traffic is bad on the freeway you wanted to take.

I'd make sure before you change your route, that you know ALL the different local names for the various alternatives. I haven't listened to traffic in the Los Angeles area recently, but most cities are REALLY BAD about not using the highway numbers to indicate traffic tie-ups. So if you don't understand the whole traffic report, you could find yourself jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.