PDA

View Full Version : How cold Easter Week?

peng
03-24-2007, 04:22 PM
How warm or cold is likely to be at Easter? Will the kids get to swim? How heavy of a jacket is needed?

biolabetty
03-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Sorry, it's really hard to say what the weather will be then, this just happens to be a pretty unpredictable time of year. For example, next week we are supposed to have one day where it will be in the low 60s with rain and snow expected on the Grapevine, but by the weekend, it's supposed to be in the high 80s. I'm guessing it will be fairly nice, but I would keep a lightweight jacket along for the trip. Swimming depends on you. I've seen people out swimming when I think it's fairly cool, but they were fine because they are used to cool temperatures where they are from. We California folk get cold when it dips below 70.:)

River Belle
03-25-2007, 07:44 AM
This time last year, we had varying temperatures. Your kids will likely get to swim in the early part of the afternoon, when it tends to be warmest. I'd plan on layering, but unless there is rain, I wouldn't imagine they'd need anything much heavier than a lightweight jacket. Lately, the evenings at DL have been cool, but we all get along fine with jeans & sweatshirts.

josephfive
03-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Depends on what your version of "cold" is. The thing that is the toughest for this So Cal native is the wind. So the layering concept is the best advice. I would imagine it being in the high 70s during the day. I seem to recall Easter Sunday as always being warm. Just don't be fooled by cloudy mornings, it will burn off and then be quite warm. So bring the hats and sunscreen too.