PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite tiny details about DL?

Pages : [1] 2

Superty88
06-10-2002, 06:48 PM
I was just curious on what everyones favorite details are just becuse I just realised what mine were. Its those special Disney things that give you the tingels you know? Well you know what i mean hehe. Here are mine
1. the conductor of the trains voice " ALLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!" its like a haunting voice hehe
2. Vincent Price's voice in Haunted mansion takes a very close second
3. the wierd smelling water in POTC and Splash Moutain

If anyone else wants to post there favorites ill be glad to here them. Seya later = )

RealDisneyLegend
06-10-2002, 07:05 PM
Vincent Price's voice in Haunted mansion takes a very close second

Wow! There's a detail I never noticed! Where is Vincent Price's voice in the DL Haunted Mansion?

MonorailMan
06-10-2002, 07:30 PM
I wonder if Paul *cough* has anything to do with the Price thing.
I also like in DL when on the Matterhorn, it looks like it's a Freeze *cough*

DisneylandBoy
06-10-2002, 07:45 PM
I agree with Superty88. I love the conductors voice on the Main Street Railroad. And I love the smell of Splash and Pirates. I also love the smell of the Candy Factory on Main Street. Oh! And of course the smell of Churros baking!

Rallymonkey23
06-10-2002, 08:05 PM
I think mine is the little "charm" sound when the CM scans my pass. It reminds me how lucky I am to live so close to such a special place.

Mad Hatter
06-10-2002, 10:47 PM
This may sound strange,but the smell of the horse drawn trolly. some things are not mechanical. lol

luvdamagic
06-11-2002, 12:17 AM
Sights and smells are fun when you enter, but all of the sounds of main street seem to hit from every side when you first enter the park, from the old cars, to the trolley, to the train departing the station , and of course, that music that's so important to any Disney production. All of your senses tell you you're in a special place!

DisneylandBoy
06-11-2002, 05:18 AM
Remembered one more (there are so many!):

The music playing in the espalande! I lvoe hearing that when I walk up ready for another day of Disney!

goofyfordisney
06-11-2002, 06:05 AM
I love the area around the castle--especially the wishing well! It is one of my favorite things to visit everytime we go to DL!:)

Superty88
06-11-2002, 06:32 AM
I think i read some where on www.doombuggies.com or another Haunted Mansion fan site that it was his voice and then when i went to DL I heard him say the line "TO FIND A WAY OUT! HA HA HA HA" and I was pretty positive that it was him.

cemeinke
06-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Superty88
I think i read some where on www.doombuggies.com or another Haunted Mansion fan site that it was his voice and then when i went to DL I heard him say the line "TO FIND A WAY OUT! HA HA HA HA" and I was pretty positive that it was him.

Vincent Price did a spiel for the Paris version of Mansion, Phantom Mannor. I've heard both that it was never used, or was only used during the first year of operation.

The voice in DL's Haunted Mansion (correctly alluded to by MonorailMan) is Paul Frees.

Not Afraid
06-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke

Vincent Price did a spiel for the Paris version of Mansion, Phantom Mannor. I've heard both that it was never used, or was only used during the first year of operation.

The voice in DL's Haunted Mansion (correctly alluded to by MonorailMan) is Paul Frees.

I find it somewhat frightening that, at 40 miles apart, we still have the same thoughts at the same time.

So, what he said. (Its exactly what I was going to say anyway):rolleyes:

innerSpaceman
06-11-2002, 09:01 AM
One of my favorite details are the tiny footprints on top of the mushroom outside of Alice in Wonderland.

But back to Vincent Price for a minute: maybe he's the guy who they had do the new Keep Your Arms, Hand, Feet, Legs, Lips, Teeth, Hair and Nails Inside the Car speech that replaced the classic Paul Frees dialogue from that part of the Haunted Mansion experience.

Kuzcotopia
06-11-2002, 09:28 AM
Vincent Price, being dead, would not have been available to make this new recording.

Mouse
06-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
Remembered one more (there are so many!):

The music playing in the espalande! I lvoe hearing that when I walk up ready for another day of Disney!

Me too! I also love the music played on main street.

Gemini Cricket
06-11-2002, 10:26 AM
1. I like the little carrot garden outside of the Mad Hatter in Fantasyland.

2. I like Eeyore's tail hanging in Critter Country.

3. I love the voices in the upper windows of Main Street and NOS.

4. The sails you can see in NOS above the roof tops.

5. The baby elephant and Mrs. Potts in Tarzan's Treehouse.

6. The cast of the abominable snowman's foot in front of the Matterhorn.

7. The Mon Calamari men in Star Tours.

8. The interactive features of the Indy queue.

9. The cobra snake upstairs in the Jungle Cruise queue.

10. The lamp that's on a veranda in Adventureland. It looks like Aladdin's lamp, but I don't think it's supposed to be.

11. The wicked queen peering out from the curtains above Snow White's Scary Adventures.

12. Wendy's voice reading a bedtime story from the window near Peter Pan.

13. The echo in Snow White's Wishing Well.

14. The clock in Toon Town.

15. The clock at It's a Small World.

16. The talking manhole in Toon Town.

17. The talking mailbox in Toon Town.

18. Phone conversations you can eavesdrop on in Toon Town and Main Street.

19. The small model train at the Main Street Railroad Station.

20. The lamp that is lit above the Fire Station in walt's apt.

21. The courtyard at the Disney Gallery.

22. The fountain in the POTC queue.

23. The Mickey shaped cactus near Big Thunder (not sure if it's still there).

24. The jumping fish in the pond across from Big Thunder.

25. Injun Joe's voice, the wind and the lighting in Injun Joe's cave. There used to be his shadow somewhere, I don't know if he's there any more...

26. The pet cemetary @ HM.

luvdamagic
06-11-2002, 10:43 AM
:confused: They have jumpin fish across from big thunder? I don't remember seeing that - how very cool! I've been to DL countless times yet there are still details I haven't seen! That's part of what makes it so special.

Gemini Cricket
06-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by luvdamagic
:confused: They have jumpin fish across from big thunder? I don't remember seeing that - how very cool! I've been to DL countless times yet there are still details I haven't seen! That's part of what makes it so special.
The fish in the pond and the bear scratching himself are animals left over from the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland ride which is now gone.
http://www.yesterland.com/minetrain.html

I believe the train, with the gophers popping up and down, is a defunct ride train.
:)

luvdamagic
06-11-2002, 12:15 PM
:cool: I'll make it a point to check out the jumpin fish detail when I go later this month!

bubsy
06-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Does the Chesire cat still appear in the mirror in the Mad Hatter?
(Did he ever? Am I imagining that he ever did?)

Gemini Cricket
06-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bubsy
Does the Chesire cat still appear in the mirror in the Mad Hatter?
(Did he ever? Am I imagining that he ever did?)
He did and does. It's a cool effect that I would say most of the guests miss. Mickey does the same thing in his movie barn.

Dave Z
06-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Hoof prints in Frontier Land

justagrrl
06-11-2002, 03:18 PM
I'm always noticing all the beautiful flowers, vegetables and other plants around. They had some really pretty tulips that had fringed edges not to long ago...a whole bunch of them...just wonderful.

I also love the fact that doors sort of "breathe" (or move or whatever) in haunted mansion.

MagicBeliever
06-11-2002, 03:40 PM
the smells: the ice cream/sweet treats of main street, the underground Pirates. it's hard to realize how specific everything smells until you catch a whiff of them somewhere away from the park and you immediately think of Disneyland.

Superty88
06-11-2002, 04:09 PM
lol I wonder why pirates water smells like that? It must be somthing strange becuse one time it was a hot summer day and my aunts car which is like 34 years old smelled exsactly like it! It was comming out the fans for the AC. It was the strangest thing. Anyone know what it really is?