PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Crowds?

River Belle
03-24-2007, 01:03 PM
We'll be at the park this weekend, and I'd love to know what kinds of crowds to expect. If you're there today (Saturday) or the early part of tomorrow, can you post to let us know what to prepare for?

Thanks!!!

River Belle
03-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Trying this again...:)
was anyone there today?

julw
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Well don't know for sure, I'm not there- sorry, but if you take a look at darkbeer's latest park update from Friday it looked really busy. The Mattahorn had lines that just about touched around the back of the mountain and BTMR and Pirates had super long lines as well. When I was there a week or so ago, Sat and Sun were busier than Friday. We'll be there next weekend and I am just going with the knowledge that it will be packed!

River Belle
03-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback--I appreciate it!!!

4princesses
03-24-2007, 09:49 PM
We just drove home to the Bay Area after spending the week at DLR. It was REALLY crowded Friday and Saturday due to all the cheerleaders/folks on Spring Break/Magical Music Days.

We just fast passed (is that the correct term??) everything we could and rode the rides we couldn't use fast passes on early in the day. Did the usual, "go home at 1:00, take a nap, eat at Mimi's and then came back into the park for the evening to use all our collected fast passes" schedule too. We also won (whoo!) a dream fast pass for all 7 of us on Friday so that was WAY COOL and helped a lot. We gave away our unused (collected) fast passes that night before we went home to other families.

Some of the rides ran out of fast passes quite early, don't know if that is normal or not. Oh, and a lot of the rides were down off and on through out the day. It seemed like every time we got on a ride it broke down. We actually got to walk out of Roger Rabbit. It was very exciting for my kids!

Hope that helps, have a great time even with the crowds we had a blast so I'm sure you will too.

screamin4ever
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
It is always busy. Period. That is the rule for well over a year now. I just wish we had an off season again.

River Belle
03-25-2007, 07:38 AM
While I agree that crowds have increased and it's hardly ever not busy anymore, this past January still felt "off season" to me. We made several trips at the beginning of the year with very minimal wait-times and not much crowd congestion at all.

That being said, some weekends can be unusually heavy, thus the reason for this post. At this point in the season I know to expect crowds no matter when I go, but there are some weekends where it's especially busy and, thanks to posters who replied to this post, I can be prepared for even heavier crowds this weekend. (Thanks, 4princesses!)