PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Street Performers

Koukla
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I did a search, but . . .

Is there a schedule anywhere of what street performers are scheduled to appear at Downtown Disney?

I found the schedules of a couple performers I'd love to see perform, Sebastian Sidi and Robert Simon, but how do I know if there are others whose names I don't know? Any suggestions?

biolabetty
03-22-2007, 11:02 PM
The violinist that performs near Naples is Drew Tretick. His website is drewtretick.com He is one of our absolute favorites, and he always posts his schedule on his website.

Vegitabeta
03-23-2007, 12:15 AM
The violinist that performs near Naples is Drew Tretick. His website is drewtretick.com He is one of our absolute favorites, and he always posts his schedule on his website.
We love him too! Bought the CDs and stuff.:)

Koukla
03-23-2007, 12:29 AM
The violinist that performs near Naples is Drew Tretick.

Of all the performers at DD, Drew's the only one I knew by name until earlier tonight. I like him, too. Nice guy. :)

The ones I now know of are Alturas, Drew, Sebastian Sidi and Robert Simon. Any others you recommend seeing?

Another Dimension
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I did a search, but . . .

Is there a schedule anywhere of what street performers are scheduled to appear at Downtown Disney?

AFAIK.. the only DtD performance schedules listed anywhere, other than on a few of the performers websites... are in the weekly DLR Cast Member Reference Guides.

Maybe some Padder who has frequent access to the CM Ref Guides could post some DtD performance schdules? :) :)

I found the schedules of a couple performers I'd love to see perform, Sebastian Sidi and Robert Simon, but how do I know if there are others whose names I don't know? Any suggestions?

Any CM Ref Guide info would be cool to know... but it's really best to just walk around DtD on different nights and some afternoons... and hope ya luck out with some cool groups/musicians playing (some days/nights have no performers)
...and check out the usual performance locations (near Rainforest Cafe, House of Blues, Naples, World of Disney and La Brea Bakery), see who is performing.
And then meet the performers between sets and ask about their websites and/or their performance schedule(s). :)

As with most of the theme parks smaller (and non-character) entertainment, Disney for some reason chooses to keep the Guests completely in the dark about the live performers in Downtown Disney also. :confused:

The ones I now know of are Alturas,

Awww, Alturas. How I miss their great Friday afternoon sets in Adventureland.

Drew, Sebastian Sidi and Robert Simon. Any others you recommend seeing?

I really recommend everyone that has ever played DtD... :D for a great variety of genres and styles and music to check out.

The perfomers I have seen, as recently as late 2006 in DtD are...

Alturas
Bluesman Brother Yusef
Drew Tretick
Sebastian Sidi
Robert Simon
Javid
Jaguar
Billy Doohickey & his Billy Brother(s)
Norm Douglas
Scott Williams
David Wayne & Carlos Lopez
...that guy that plays the big glass thing ?? (I thought I had a video of him)
Suburban Legends (I haven't seen them in DtD in a while)

All of the above I've seen playing evening sets (6pm-10pm) on various nights of the week, except Billy Doohickey plays Sunday afternoon sets (2pm-5pm), because Billy Bass also has his 'day gig' in the Golden Horseshoe.