PDA

View Full Version : Dots! (Ice Cream)

simbaNnala101
03-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if there is any place in Disneyland, DCA, or DTD that serves the Dots Ice cream!!! I love it and there is really no place up in washington that I can get it except seattle and that is a good 4 1/2 hours out of my way. Thanx fo rthe help.

~Ash~

GrouchoMarx
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
I've never seen it in DL or DCA. Although I've never seen it in DtD either, I cannot say for sure.

AVP
03-22-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't believe it's sold anywhere on Disney property, but there is a nearby McDonalds that offers it. That McDonalds is on Ball, to the north-east of the Disneyland Resort. It's not really walking distance unless you really, really have a craving.

AVP

seanutbutter
03-22-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't believe they are available at DL, and a quick Google search backs that theory up.

staymooney
03-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Ok. Here is the deal it's a bit hard to find. When you go in DL go down main street. Go to the Carnation restaurant but dont go in the black iron gates. Stay to the left of the entrance. Walk down the pathway toward the restrooms. Go into the last door on your left before the restrooms. Walk into that building and stay straight for about 15 or 20 steps then head left. Keep walking to your back on main street and take left. Walk a bit and cross main street to the other side. Keep walking down main street but now your on the other side of main street. Ok here is where it gets tough....Right before you get to The Plaza restaurant take a right in a smallish alley and stay towards your right. There will be what appears to be a nursery or child care. Across the street from that is a Wagon or a Train or something to that nature that sales what I believe are "dots" or corn dogs. I am not sure. Let me know.

Another Dimension
03-22-2007, 10:14 PM
"The Little Red Wagon" on Main Street (aka 'The Corn Dog Cart') does not sell Dippin' Dots, nowhere on Disneyland Resort property does... but the OC Fair and Knotts Berry Farm do. :cool:

staymooney
03-22-2007, 10:22 PM
"The Little Red Wagon" on Main Street (aka 'The Corn Dog Cart') does not sell Dippin' Dots, nowhere on Disneyland Resort property does... but the OC Fair and Knotts Berry Farm do. :cool:

Yeah I am not to sure your right on this one

lofosho
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Great America in Santa Clara/San Jose has dippin dots! McDonalds used to sell them too, I think

Mrs Mouse
03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
The McDonald's on Harbor (right across from the main park entrance) sells them.

Myself, I've never tried them. Are they really that good?

ssturgeo
03-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Dots...they are good....but a Dole Whip is better!! Or a Mickey Ice Cream Bar....or a Frozen Banana....41 days!!

The old man
03-23-2007, 06:36 AM
This was just staymooney doing a weak attempt at humor. He frequently makes these attempts.

BTW I don't know how the OP can call say "Dippin' Dots (ice cream)". That stuff, in my mind, is as far from ice cream has it can get.

Another Dimension
03-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah I am not to sure your right on this one

Well, I am absolutely sure I am right... until proven otherwise. :~D

Malcon10t
03-23-2007, 09:11 AM
This was just staymooney doing a weak attempt at humor. He frequently makes these attempts.

Unfortunately, some actually think he is trying to help. Maybe he could add "This is a joke" at the end of his posts so the OP doesn't go heading to the corn dog cart only to find he was given misinformation.

carolyn
03-23-2007, 11:09 AM

So does Angel Stadium (or whatever it's called these days) and Legoland San Diego.

SteveK
03-23-2007, 01:44 PM
The McDonald's on Harbor (right across from the main park entrance) sells them.

Myself, I've never tried them. Are they really that good?

Tried them once and thought they were terrible. Doesn't hold a candle to a good old fashion scoop of ice cream IMO.

UsBurchs
03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
I know it's still far away for you, but they have some at the McDonalds in Bellevue Square Mall in Bellevue (WA). Check your near-by McDonalds. Many of them have Dippin' Dots now. I love them too! Mint Chocolate . . .YUMMY! I usually only get them at the Puyallup Fair . . . sigh . . .

hbquikcomjamesl
03-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Never have tried them, but I've seen them at Kennedy Space Center (where they're called "Space Dots"), and at the Downtown Plaza Shopping Center, in Sacramento.

Neither of which are anywhere near DL.

Actually, as far as ice cream goes, I'm partial to soft-serve. About the only ice cream I eat with any regularity is the soft serve they offer at the end of the dessert bar in a local Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet (eat there, and half an hour later, you're ready for a nap!).

Bytebear
03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Actually, as far as ice cream goes, I'm partial to soft-serve.

I agree. I love Catch a Flave in DCA. Yumm!!! Anything similar in DL?

potzbie
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
the OC Fair and Knotts Berry Farm do. :cool:
And Universal Studios Hollywood, for sure.
:cool: :cool:

Opus1guy
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
As others have posted, there are some McDonalds in the area that serve them, but for some reason they are not listed on this listing:

http://www.dippindots.com/locations.html

(enter ZIP 92803)

The full-on franchise stands that hand-scoop them are best. I've found that many of the McDonalds and other places that serve them pre-packaged...don't keep them at a proper temperature.

The fast food area in the Sheraton Anaheim on Ball Road behind Disneyland had the prepackaged kind when I was last there a month or two ago. But I didn't try them as they were out of my favorite flavor.

I first enjoyed them when they were called "Space Dots" back in the mid to late 1970's. I first encountered them at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. They were being hyped as something really futuristic and the official ice cream of NASA and the astronauts and all. Pretty funny.

I next encountered them in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. They had a cart set up over by Mission To Mars one summer or two. Then they disappeared.

Now I only see 'em mainly at Fairs and amusement parks and such. Some malls have franchisee stands. Love 'em though!

They're conventional ice cream that's been flash frozen into beads. The super-cold temps they are stored and served at create unique sensations and flavor shifts on the tongue. But ultimately once they soften in your mouth...they're just ice cream (or sherbet, if that's what you order).