PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake

Pages : [1] 2

disneyshoes
03-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get Cheesecake in Disneyland?
Thanks!

stan4d_steph
03-22-2007, 05:23 PM
They've got some good desserts at Rancho del Zocalo. The strawberry shortcake is yummy. I think they had cheesecake, but I've never eaten it there.

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get Cheesecake in Disneyland?
Thanks!
Blue Ribbon Bakery, most restaurants have it, and I think they have it on teh wharf in DCA.

bubsy
03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
The Blue ribbon Bakery has cheesecake, it's not that great, but still good.
The cheesecake at Baker's Field at DCA tastes exactly the same. So it seems to be a resort-wide recipe.

adriennek
03-22-2007, 06:21 PM
They've had deep fried cheesecake in New Orleans Square (French Market) in the past.

Adrienne

disneyshoes
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Perfect- Thanks!
I really want to try the fried Cheesecake :)

seanutbutter
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Fried cheesecake? That sounds interesting.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-23-2007, 07:17 AM
I think the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour includes some sort of individual cheesecake, as dessert for the lunch. As I recall, it wasn't bad, although I'm most definitely NOT a cheesecake person. Too rich, and (at least in the case of Eli's Chicago cheesecake) way too ripe for my taste.

disneyshoes
03-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know if the Fantasmic Buffet has it?

stan4d_steph
03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Fried cheesecake was a special menu item during the holidays as I recall. I'm not sure that it's still on the menu anywhere.

The Fantasmic! buffet (balcony) had cheesecake the one time I attend back in 2001.

Malcon10t
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know if the Fantasmic Buffet has it?Yes, its the same as the one at the Blue Ribbon Bakery.

lofosho
03-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I had the fried cheesecake when I was there in August, so I don't think it's a holiday thing. I had in in the NO square : ) It was great. My personal favorite -- the CHEESECAKE caramel apple! You can get in at the candy store on Main Street. :D

disneyshoes
03-23-2007, 10:09 AM
I had the fried cheesecake when I was there in August, so I don't think it's a holiday thing. I had in in the NO square : ) It was great. My personal favorite -- the CHEESECAKE caramel apple! You can get in at the candy store on Main Street. :D

Oh Yummm...I did not know about the Cheesecake caramel apple! But I am really looking forward to the Fried Cheesecake.

stan4d_steph
03-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I had the fried cheesecake when I was there in August, so I don't think it's a holiday thing. I had in in the NO square : ) It was great. My personal favorite -- the CHEESECAKE caramel apple! You can get in at the candy store on Main Street. :DGood to know, thanks, although it still doesn't sound appealing to me. :)

missm
03-23-2007, 04:20 PM
O.K. Fried cheesecake. I loooove cheesecake. I need to know more about this. Is it warm? cold with a crispy outside? Please tell me more. In detail. I love details. Especially when they have to do with Disneyland.

MinnieMomma
03-23-2007, 07:36 PM
At Whitewater Snacks they put what look like the leftover desserts from the weddings and banquets, etc. in the cold case. Tonight there was cheesecake and chocolate mousse cake and a large frosted brownie. The cheesecake was great.

kimc0486
03-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I had deep fried cheese cake at Blue Bayou in sept of 2005. Do not know if it is still there. The outside is a little crispy/flaky. The inside is warm, not hot, kinda mushy, like you can swallow it practically without chewing. That may not be a very appetizing description, but it is yummy :) Hope that helps!

missm
03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I had deep fried cheese cake at Blue Bayou in sept of 2005. Do not know if it is still there. The outside is a little crispy/flaky. The inside is warm, not hot, kinda mushy, like you can swallow it practically without chewing. That may not be a very appetizing description, but it is yummy :) Hope that helps!

Thanks for describing it for me. I will be trying one, but what I'm really waiting for it my churro! Vacation is my time to eat anything I want to.

seanutbutter
03-24-2007, 01:23 PM
At Whitewater Snacks they put what look like the leftover desserts from the weddings and banquets, etc. in the cold case. Tonight there was cheesecake and chocolate mousse cake and a large frosted brownie. The cheesecake was great.

Okay, I have to look for that next time I visit.

disneyshoes
03-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for describing it for me. I will be trying one, but what I'm really waiting for it my churro! Vacation is my time to eat anything I want to.

Looks like you will be there soon- please report back on the cheesecake :)

missm
03-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Don't worry I will. We will have the computer down there with us. I'm sure I'll be too excited to sleep (does that make me a nerd?) so I can post while down there.

disneyshoes
03-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Don't worry I will. We will have the computer down there with us. I'm sure I'll be too excited to sleep (does that make me a nerd?) so I can post while down there.

A "Disney Nerd" :)
Have a great time!!
I can't sleep planning our trip and it is months away!

kimc0486
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Where can the deepfried cheesecake be purchased at now? It used to be at BB but is it any longer? :confused: Thanks!!!

samsma
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
They've had deep fried cheesecake in New Orleans Square (French Market) in the past.

Adrienne
I think they still have it.

bloodnswash
04-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if the Fantasmic Buffet has it?

I've done the Fantasmic Balcony 3 times and not once did they have cheesecake. I personally don't care for it but my husband does. I think some of the food items from the balcony occasionally changes. My second time there they did not have a cake that they had the first time I was there and I was soooo bummed. But they did have it the 3rd time.