PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash - view from Wine Country Trattoria?

miss bianca
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Can you see the Block Party Bash if you are eating outside at Wine Country Trattoria?

Another Dimension
03-22-2007, 01:02 PM
You can see the Block Party Bash pass by... but not do a show stop, and Block Party Bash is really all about the show stops.

Block Party Bash hasn't show stopped in the area of the Wine Country Trattoria in well over a year.

On most days the parade is performed, especially more crowded days... the Bash only does show stops around Sunshine Plaza and then along Route 66, from Golden Dreams to Dinosaur Jack's Sunglass Shack... on it's way out of the Paradise Pier parade gates.

The Bash shows stops are marked between the areas of the colorful 'Party Zone banners'. :)

miss bianca
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks!

Disgruntled CM
03-25-2007, 02:04 AM
To be COMPLETELY honest with you, I work in Parades and we did that 2nd show stop a few times over Christmas break and will most likely be doing it over the Spring Break as well. You see, Disney is motivated by the ol' mighty dollar$$$$ We only do the 2nd show stop when the park number for DCA reaches 20,000. So if you guys don't pack it in we don't bother with the extended show. It makes perfect sense really and I'd actually rather not sit in my float for 45+ minutes thank you ;) it does get boring in there. I bring magazines to keep busy. You can only watch that show so many times.

mask41
03-25-2007, 05:45 AM
So, it seems probable that the parade will stop between Golden Dreams and Dinosoaur Jack the week after Easter? This will be confirmed by the "Party Zone Banners'? What would be a recommended time to grab a viewing spot for the 5:15 parade?
Thanks,
Amy

Disgruntled CM
03-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Oh yes definatly, we ALWAYS stop at that show stop whenever the parade goes out. The parade may or may not do all three stops that day, we can't tell until the actual day itself due to park count but we'll do the 1st stop which lasts 15 minutes. Possibly the 2nd show stop, another 15 minutes, and then onto the 3rd. Since I'm always in a parade float I never get out there to see when people start to actually gather at the 3rd show stop. Someone who works at the Route 66 Souvineer shack or even a ride op. at the Zephyr, could probably be a much better judge of time as far as that goes since they're directly effected by the parade. The ONLY time we ever skip that show stop is in the event of MAJOR techinical difficulties, such as parade music isn't coming up, a float has caught fire...etc. The chances of that are very rare but I will say it has happened.

Now depending on which unit you're more interested in I can tell you roughly where to stand/sit. If you like Toy Story, you'll want to park your butt adjacent to The Zephyr ride or like I said the Route 66 Souvineer stand. If Monsters inc. is more your game you'll want to park it just east of where I told you to sit for Toys. There's a pin trading cart, possibly one of those artists who draws junk, cart. That'll give you a rough estimate as to where to stand for those. And for Bugs Life again, just a ways east of Monsters, but not past Golden Dreams. If you can get a spot between the entrance to Golden Dreams and those carts I mentioned you'll be perfect!

Any other parade questions, I'll be more than happy to answer.:D

Enjoy!