PDA

View Full Version : Is It's A Small World World Not For Me?

staymooney
03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
I am a self-pronounced wimp and I have been assuming that I would not be riding IASW, as sad as that makes me. But, the past couple of days I have talked to several people that have done IASW and told me I must ride it. My dilemma is that I HATE kids - they really freak me out - get kind of claustrophobic and I have recurring kid nightmares. So, if you absolutely hate kids, will IASW really freak me out?

just beatla33
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
haha oh god yes, its a very annoying ride, its 15 minutes of the same song while these crazy dummies blink their eyes and watch your every move, plus theres a Canadian vampire in the mix. It's not a ride for even me

Nicolas'Mom
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
If you hate kids, what are you doing visiting a place like Disneyland? I don't get it..anyway, the ride may be annoying to some but some people (mostly kids) like it...

why don't you try it to find out for yourself. Regarding your claustrophobic issues, the ride is no different in regards to confinement than Pirates or Jungle cruise. How do you expect to ride any of the rides without encountering any "Kids"?

:confused:

samsma
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
I am a self-pronounced wimp and I have been assuming that I would not be riding IASW, as sad as that makes me. But, the past couple of days I have talked to several people that have done IASW and told me I must ride it. My dilemma is that I HATE kids - they really freak me out - get kind of claustrophobic and I have recurring kid nightmares. So, if you absolutely hate kids, will IASW really freak me out?

YES, STAY HOME! In Fact better stay away from people in general! Just to be on the safe side.

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I am a self-pronounced wimp and I have been assuming that I would not be riding IASW, as sad as that makes me. But, the past couple of days I have talked to several people that have done IASW and told me I must ride it. My dilemma is that I HATE kids - they really freak me out - get kind of claustrophobic and I have recurring kid nightmares. So, if you absolutely hate kids, will IASW really freak me out?I would also suggest staying far away from the park.

staymooney
03-22-2007, 10:18 AM
YES, STAY HOME! In Fact better stay away from people in general! Just to be on the safe side.

Wow why so angry?? Canada winter getting to ya?

mask41
03-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Staymooney, sounds like you are being a busybody (to use your own words) and posting just to post. A bit unsettling that people are thinking that you are me/I am you!!

samsma
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
NOt Angry, my friend, just havin a laugh ,like you.

simnia
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Small World is really about dolls, not kids. That's why girls love the ride: it's a girl's paradise of hundreds of moving dolls. I don't know what you dislike about kids, so I can't say if that dislike also carries over into dolls: only you can decide.

just beatla33
03-22-2007, 10:21 AM
really? every girl I know hates that ride too. It's mostly a ride for people that loved to send out FW emails about god and candy and funny made up puppy stories

staymooney
03-22-2007, 10:22 AM
really? every girl I know hates that ride too. It's mostly a ride for people that loved to send out FW emails about god and candy and funny made up puppy stories

Ahhhh. Good to know!

Niwel
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Moderator Note: Hey kids... attacking the post is OK... attacking the poster is not. Keep it clean or this thread will be closed.

sqlwed6
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Moderator Note: Hey kids... attacking the post is OK... attacking the poster is not. Keep it clean or this thread will be closed.

should tak eup your own advice, not everyone here is a kid, so thats like an insult to everyone

mask41
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Let's close it - I'm finding this sarcasm a little annoying!

Vegitabeta
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I think you can just try it for yourself, but if you don't want to encounter kids, it's probably best not to go to the park at all!

Vegitabeta
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
should tak eup your own advice, not everyone here is a kid, so thats like an insult to everyone
Yeah, but some people are acting like kids:rolleyes:

gloria
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Staymooney, sounds like you are being a busybody (to use your own words) and posting just to post. A bit unsettling that people are thinking that you are me/I am you!!

I apologize Amy. I haven't been on this site very long to really get to know everyone very well.

Now I know...

gloria

julw
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM

hmmm sounds familiar...

Mask41- like one other poster said...welcome to the world of message boards and the internet. Please don't let a few sour apples get to you or make you leave. I've been lurking on the site for a long time before I recently started posting and for the most part eveyone is very polite and helpful. Just consider it "your duty to Walt" ;) to turn the other cheek and not get involved in name calling or let certain posts get to you. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

staymooney
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
hmmm sounds familiar...

Mask41- like one other poster said...welcome to the world of message boards and the internet. Please don't let a few sour apples get to you or make you leave. I've been lurking on the site for a long time before I recently started posting and for the most part eveyone is very polite and helpful. Just consider it "your duty to Walt" ;) to turn the other cheek and not get involved in name calling or let certain posts get to you. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Man some of Y'all need to lighten up. It was funny and in no way being rude.

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Man some of Y'all need to lighten up. It was funny and in no way being rude.
Really? I found it extremely rude and far from funny. To laugh at someone who has a sincere fear is rude and not funny in the least. But then, I have seen kids laugh at someone who was seriously injured or disabled. Perhaps you find that funny also. Who knows. But you weren't funny to me.