PDA

View Full Version : Is Tower of Terror not for me?

Pages : [1] 2

mask41
03-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I am a self-pronounced wimp and I have been assuming that I would not be riding TOT, as sad as that makes me. But, the past couple of days I have talked to several people that have done TOT and told me I must ride it. My dilemma is that I HATE elevators - they really freak me out - get kind of claustrophobic and I have recurring falling elevator nightmares. So, if you absolutely hate elevators, wil TOT really freak me out?
-Amy

Okay, confession time - the last time I was at DL (about 25 years ago) I had a claustrophobia/panic attack on the submarines - my mom still laughs about it (at my expense:( ).

just beatla33
03-22-2007, 09:29 AM
well I suffer from blackouts on drops, like I can't do Splash Mt...I did it once cause everyone said you'll be fine....yeah they dont' know me, and I did it and nearly blacked out and had to sit for liek 2 hours. So one day we had a group of 4 and they love the ride and they went on it and I didn't want to be a bum so I decided to ride it myself. Long story short I absolutley hated it, but I was fine, but now I can say I rode it and never have to do it again...but the decor is very cool

danyoung
03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Ummm, yes. If you've got a problem with elevators, you really don't want to do ToT. No matter how many people tell you that it's really no big deal, you are the only one that knows your limits. ToT is esentially a simulation of an out of control falling elevator. If you already have nightmares about this, the reality should just about tip you over the edge. I'd stay away.

samsma
03-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Once you're inside the seats, it really has no resemblance(sp) to an elevator. I hate the feeling of falling, but the ride did'nt fall as extreme as I thought, and I'm glad I went on. If you are claustophobic its probably not the best. The area you are seated in is about the size of 4-6 actual elevators, and you seat facing the front (sort of like a movie theatre).Besides the drop, being in a tight space is no worse on this ride than the elevator into the HM. Hope this helps.

mask41
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
What elevator in the HM - now I know I did the Haunted Mansion as a kid and while I don't remember it too much (not like the submarines) I don't remember anything freaking me out either???

just beatla33
03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
What elevator in the HM - now I know I did the Haunted Mansion as a kid and while I don't remember it too much (not like the submarines) I don't remember anything freaking me out either???

the stretching room............

samsma
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
It's kind of the pre show. You go into a big elevator with pictures on the wall, and as you go down, the picture reveils a tradgic scene. Then the doors open and you go into your doom buggy.

danyoung
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
The HM elevator is the stretching room. In DL it's an elevator that goes down. In the MK the floor never moves, but the stretching goes upward.

sqlwed6
03-22-2007, 09:44 AM
jesus, how many times can you repeat the same answer.

samsma
03-22-2007, 09:46 AM
jesus, how many times can you repeat the same answer.

If you look at the posting time, we all were typing together! I take it you are not a religious person.

mask41
03-22-2007, 09:51 AM
I, for one, really appreciated all the answers - doesn't hurt anything, does it? Anyway, thanks for all of those that responded - I think I will probably skip TOT:(
-Amy

kenzmom2cu
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I too don 't like the dropping feel so I didn't want to go on TOT, but my whole family talked me into it. I WILL NEVER EVER RIDE TOT AGAIN!! I was so mad:mad: that I didn't listen to myself. I was so scared and I even cried:crying: . They take a picture of you while on the ride and when we saw it we had to buy it. I've never been so scared :eek: looking in my whole life and I'm 33. Don't do it. We just went back in December and I was more then happy to stay behind waiting with the 4 kids while the crazy folks went on he ride.

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 09:58 AM
My daughter is claustrophobic and doesn't have a problem on TOT. She has/had one on Haunted Mansion. HOWEVER, every person is different. Personally, if you already have nightmares regading falling elevators, this ride may not be for you.

gloria
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
mask41, are you staymooney or the other way around or is someone playing a trick?

mask41
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I AM NOT STAYMOONEY - SOUNDS LIKE HE IS TRYING TO BE A FUNNY GUY AGAIN (Sounds like he is posting, just to post)!

samsma
03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
He He He !!!!!!

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 10:14 AM
mask41, are you staymooney or the other way around or is someone playing a trick?I have a feeling staymooney was having a bad day and needed to lift his spirits by posting like that.

Nicolas'Mom
03-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Somethin's up with Mask41 and Staymooney - they both have "fears"!

:confused:

just beatla33
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I have a fear of snakes, would Indy be a good ride for me?

of course I'm kidding

samsma
03-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I have a fear of snakes, would Indy be a good ride for me?

YOU BET! Face it head on!

Vegitabeta
03-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I am a self-pronounced wimp and I have been assuming that I would not be riding TOT, as sad as that makes me. But, the past couple of days I have talked to several people that have done TOT and told me I must ride it. My dilemma is that I HATE elevators - they really freak me out - get kind of claustrophobic and I have recurring falling elevator nightmares. So, if you absolutely hate elevators, wil TOT really freak me out?
-Amy

Okay, confession time - the last time I was at DL (about 25 years ago) I had a claustrophobia/panic attack on the submarines - my mom still laughs about it (at my expense:( ).
Deja Vu...Anyway, if you're freaked out by all this stuff, maybe you should stay home?

mask41
03-22-2007, 10:39 AM
OMG - I just ask an honest question, for others experiences, and this is the crap I get? I think I am done with this board. Thanks everyone for all the advice and tips I have gotten thus far!
-Amy

mycutekitties
03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't think you would like it. :(

Niwel
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM
ToT's elevator is smaller than HM's...
It will probably freak you out... however, if you don't think you'll be sick and can conquer your fears... I'd try it. But if you are going to be terrified, it isn't worth it.

danyoung
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
OMG - I just ask an honest question, for others experiences, and this is the crap I get? I think I am done with this board. Thanks everyone for all the advice and tips I have gotten thus far!
-Amy

Hey mask, welcome to online. I don't think Mouseplanet is any worse than any other board. In fact, it's really a much more civil place than many. Don't let a couple of nitwits spoil your fun - I sure don't!