PDA

View Full Version : How long is the walk [from Days Inn on Ball]?

TheYeti
03-22-2007, 05:18 AM
We will be staying at the Days Inn that is on Ball road located near the huge Disneyland parking complex. Has anyone else stayed here before and if so is the walk to the parking complex very far? We have 2 girls ages 4 and 9 and I don’t want to make them tired even before we arrive at the park. My thought was I could walk to the parking shuttle and ride to the main gate. If all else fails the shuttle bus does stop here I was just trying to save a couple of bucks.

We were sad that the Holiday Inn on Ball and Harbor was sold. We have stayed there every year since 1999 when we made our first trip. :(

tod
03-22-2007, 06:48 AM
We will be staying at the Days Inn that is on Ball road located near the huge Disneyland parking complex. Has anyone else stayed here before and if so is the walk to the parking complex very far? We have 2 girls ages 4 and 9 and I don’t want to make them tired even before we arrive at the park. My thought was I could walk to the parking shuttle and ride to the main gate. If all else fails the shuttle bus does stop here I was just trying to save a couple of bucks.

The walk from Mickey & Friends to the Main Gate is about half a mile. Adrienne wrote about it a while ago (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/ak010829.htm). Walking from the Days Inn -- which I assume is the little one at Ball and Disneyland Drive -- would add another quarter-mile to that. I wouldn't take a 4-year-old on a walk that long; I recommend going for the shuttle.

We were sad that the Holiday Inn on Ball and Harbor was sold. We have stayed there every year since 1999 when we made our first trip. :(

What's the problem? Unless you have a Holiday Inn frequent flyer relationship that won't work with the new owners. The place looks pretty much the same as before.

--t

TheYeti
03-22-2007, 09:03 AM
The "problem" is that a room we paid 80 dollars a night last year would cost us 183 a night this year. Your right the place looks the same- why the jump in rates? Thanks for the advice on taking the bus, I think it will be worth the small price.

tod
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
The "problem" is that a room we paid 80 dollars a night last year would cost us 183 a night this year. Your right the place looks the same- why the jump in rates? Thanks for the advice on taking the bus, I think it will be worth the small price.

Yeah, that'll do it. If my favorite hotel doubled its rates I wouldn't go there either.

--t