PDA

View Full Version : No Summer Discounts?

cemeinke
06-10-2002, 11:47 AM
We'll it seems for large Corporations this isn't true.

I just got a flyer announcing Discounted tickets for the Disneyland Resort. The deal is from June 20 through August 17 (except July 4) and offeres admission to either park for $41 for adults or $31 for childred (3-9).

Granted, this discount is marginal compared to the off-season (AKA the "regular" season on the flyer) $31 for DL, $26 for DCA, But is a discount none-the-less. Still no special rate for DCA, but the summer season has yet to begin.

Ghoulish Delight
06-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Is this through one of those corporate entertainment package programs? The ones that offer discount tickets for tons of different theme parks and zoos and such? It's not surprising that they keep those and not the general public discounts. Those tend to be based on private contracts between the entertianment venue and the discount entity (for lack of a better term) and are completely outside the marketing department's discounts they offer to the general public. Basically, Disney makes big bucks by preselling a ton of tickets at reduced rates to the discounter, and then it's up to the discounter to sell those to employees at coporations to make their bucks back (plus, I'm pretty sure the corporations pay a comission to the discounter).

cemeinke
06-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Is this through one of those corporate entertainment package programs?

It is, but up until this week they were only offereing tickets for non-summer months, which supported Disney's statement that there would be no discounts through the Summer.

I suppose this technicly counts as a "group rate" for the reasons you mention in your post. I just thought it odd that the marketing to us by the entertainment company made an abrupt change.

Techie7
06-10-2002, 04:40 PM
As of last week the University was offering $32 DL tickets and $26 DCA. Not sure if the offer is still running or when it is stopping. I am hoping to check on dates tomorrow if t is still running.

FoodLover
06-10-2002, 05:34 PM
Well, Disney has had an offer out since April that gives adults 3 or 4 day Hopper passes at the kids' price -- this runs all summer and ends September 3. (You have to purchase in advance from Disney Store, AAA or online -- not available at the gate.)

So the idea that there will be "no discounts this summer" was pretty much baloney to begin with.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Darkbeer
06-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Want discounts, just go on line at Disney.com, or go to a Disney Store, they will sell you multi-day DLR tickets at a discount, for the entire summer season....

Or wait, I can see a "promotion" like the one they have done at Albertson's in the past, buy "x" dollars of stuff, get a $5 voucher good for a DCA ticket, collect 9 of the vouchers, you have a free admission....Of course, these aren't "discounts", they will be a "promotion":rolleyes:

Niwel
06-11-2002, 12:55 PM
I'm going to keep checking the AP site on Disney.com --
Considering that there are NO NEW ATTRACTIONS this summer at either park, I can see no reason why there wouldn't be some sort of AP perk -- at least at DCA.

So am I correct in believing that even if you are going for only two days -- it probably pays to buy the three-day hopper at the Disney Store because its cheaper than at the Maingate and otherwise you have to buy 2/3 single day tickets if you want to hop?

I'm asking cause I'd like to take my family for a Friday/Sat, but i'm the only AP holder.

Darkbeer
06-11-2002, 01:32 PM
Discounted Three-Day Hopper = $90

Two Single Day Admissions ($45 x 2) = $90

With the Single day admissions, you are restricted to ONLY one park per day, so yes, just for the benefit of park hopping, it pays to get the discounted multi-day....

And don't forget, you can always upgrade to an AP on the last day... for just $9, you could get an SoCal AP, and then come back in the fall or next spring at very little cost!:cool:

Niwel
06-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Discounted Three-Day Hopper = $90

Two Single Day Admissions ($45 x 2) = $90

With the Single day admissions, you are restricted to ONLY one park per day, so yes, just for the benefit of park hopping, it pays to get the discounted multi-day....

And don't forget, you can always upgrade to an AP on the last day... for just $9, you could get an SoCal AP, and then come back in the fall or next spring at very little cost!:cool:

Thanks for the mathmatical logic :)
Sadly, the family lives in Chicago, so getting an AP might not be THAT beneficial ... but I'm absolutley getting the hopper...

Here's hoping for a discount **er** "promotion"