PDA

View Full Version : Disney photo albums

mask41
03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know where to purchase a Disney themed photo album? Do they sell any at the park? I know we are going to come back with lots and lots of photos and think it would be great to put them all in album with our park hoppers, train tickets, hotel receipts, etc, etc, etc! Just thinking ahead in case I need to visit a certain specialty shop somewhere in DLR to get one.
Thanks,
Amy

samsma
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
I just saw some Disney scrapbooks, at Michaels this weekend. They were really cute. They also sell Disney background papers and loads of stickers. We just used a regular(though large) spiral book with thick construction paper in it, and took it to DL and used it as our autograph book. WE covered the front in Disney stickers (really large ones) so it has a Disney theme.Then we developed our photos, and took our tickets and memory items and glued them all in. It turned out great! All he characters that signed the book comented on what agreat big book it was, and that they had so much space to sign.
By the way, I just discovered roll on tape this week! Wow! WAY better than glue sticks!

adriennek
03-21-2007, 05:47 PM
My favorite Disney themed album is not available at any store or park. It's the 12-inch Disney Scrapbook by Creative Memories (http://www.creativememories.com/MainMenu/Our-products-and-services/Albums/Coversets/Disney®-Coverset-12x12) - Mickey red with Mickey embossed on the front. (That's just the cover because you can select which pages you want to put in it.) They're available from any CM consultant and many have websites that you can order from and have the company ship it to you directly.

To find a consultant or a consultant website, there's a finder at the upper right corner of that webpage. If you're in Canada or another country with CM in it, go to the bottom of the page to switch your country and find a consultant. I don't know if all countries with CM have the Disney album but I know that Canada does.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know where to purchase a Disney themed photo album? Do they sell any at the park? I know we are going to come back with lots and lots of photos and think it would be great to put them all in album with our park hoppers, train tickets, hotel receipts, etc, etc, etc! Just thinking ahead in case I need to visit a certain specialty shop somewhere in DLR to get one.
Thanks,
Amy
WOD usually has a small scrapbook area, as does Greetings from California and the Emporium. My daughter usually finds all sorts of goodies. Also, WalMart usually has some Disney stuff, and the Character Warehouse has stuff.

neverlander
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM
World of Disney in Downtown Disney has nice photo albums.

yenko427
03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree with Adrienne, the red Creative Memories one is neat. Walmart has Disney scrapbooks and paper/sticker kits too.

Mrs Mouse
03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
If you're in the park, most stores carry photo albums and scrapping supplies, but you'll find the most stuff at World of Disney and also at the Emporium. Another great choice for photo albums is the photo store at the end of main street.

If you're looking for Disney scrapbooking accessories like stickers, border packages, etc. I've found that dollar stores are often a good bet.

Also, if you're looking for a wide selection of stuff, try www.mousememories.com - they've got some great stuff!

River Belle
03-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Also, I recently got a photo pass, and when you log on to view your photos, there's a variety of things you can do with them, including making a Disney photo book. They're pricey ($50 or so?) but look really wonderful. If you've got a lot of digital photos, this looks like a really worthwhile project to me.

mask41
03-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow, that sounds really neat - is there anyway to log on now, just to see the different options they have? I assume you download your disney digital photos onto the site and it places them in an album?
Thanks,
Amy

River Belle
03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm assuming you can log on now. You will probably need to set up an account, but you do have the option of uploading your photos for the project. The photo movie looks pretty great, too--
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

neverlander
03-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I enjoy creating borders and cards with my own digital photos on Disneyland's website. The "Pixie Prints" are free once you register and log in to Disney.

DSNYDad
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
There's always DisneyShopping.com. Just search for "photo album". There are two Mickey Mouse albums and one of them is on sale. I dig the site and I always watch for deals in the Outlet.

The wife tries to keep me away from the site (but she can't watch me 24 hours :~D )

mask41
03-25-2007, 05:24 AM
I am going to be very tempted to go for the photo album, photo cd and the movie from the photopass site - those look so cool and a great way to preserve all those photos. Of course I won't be able to afford all of those, especially after a DL vacation, but my birthday and Christmas will come around.
Thanks for the great ideas!!
-Amy

MickeyDogMom
03-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I think the 'books at the park are the best, my mom (Malcon10t) told you where they are. To put all my 50th pics in, I got a beautiful pleather book with a bronze emblem in the middle.

Creative memories, Michaels, and Wal-mart all have great supplies but I go to DL for the key pieces. (Like a scrap pack and a scrapbook.) Beverleys has a GREAT supply too. As do Joanns and Target. When I made mini-books for my cousin's trip to DL I got the books from Target. Now I gotta go work on my Christmas trip album (over 300 pics).