PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere in Disneyland to use Internet?

Sprunkn7
03-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't have a laptop and would like to know if there is anywhere in DL or near Best Western Park Place that lets a guest use the internet. There are a few things that I may have to take care of while I'm away. I hate to do so on my vacation, but there is a specific announcement I have been waiting for and is only online!! Any help? Thanks!!

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't have a laptop and would like to know if there is anywhere in DL or near Best Western Park Place that lets a guest use the internet. There are a few things that I may have to take care of while I'm away. I hate to do so on my vacation, but there is a specific announcement I have been waiting for and is only online!! Any help? Thanks!!BW PPI has Wifi, as does the GCH (and DLH).

stan4d_steph
03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
BW PPI has Wifi, as does the GCH (and DLH).OP said doesn't have a laptop. :)

There is a business center at GCH. It used to be $6/half hour. There's also a business center at DLH and one in the Tropicana on Harbor.

disneylandtour
03-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Is the WiFi at DLH password protected or is open and free to the public?

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Is the WiFi at DLH password protected or is open and free to the public?

The WiFi is free and unprotected in the lobby/restaurant/bar areas of the three Disney owned hotels.

I use them often without a problem most of the time. Sometimes one area is down (usually the antenna/router is turned off or needs some attention).

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
OP said doesn't have a laptop. :)

There is a business center at GCH. It used to be $6/half hour. There's also a business center at DLH and one in the Tropicana on Harbor.
I missed the DONT.. :)

dsnydon
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
All three Hotels have a business center:geek:

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Residence Inn Maingate has a business center. I only know this because someone had to go there to print out his VMK stuff......

Sprunkn7
03-22-2007, 03:00 AM
I was hoping thay had a computer we could use at the hotel. I'm surprised because when I was in Jersey last summer we stayed a this dinky little hotel and they had a computer in the lobby for us to use. As a matter of fact almost all the hotels I have stayed in for the last few years have had one. I'll check how far Residence Inn is from me and see if I can use the system there. thanks.

geoffa
03-22-2007, 04:52 AM
I don't have a laptop and would like to know if there is anywhere in DL or near Best Western Park Place that lets a guest use the internet. There are a few things that I may have to take care of while I'm away. I hate to do so on my vacation, but there is a specific announcement I have been waiting for and is only online!! Any help? Thanks!!

Also certain cell phones have internet access - talk to your local cell phone shop. Also you could pick up a second hand laptop for around $200. (See Ebay)

Malcon10t
03-22-2007, 05:37 AM
What about Innoventions? Do they let you use the net, or is it just email?

Darkbeer
03-22-2007, 10:07 AM
The only thing you can do at Innoventions now is access VMK, nothing else. You used to be able to access a few things, mainly by using a Gooogle Search, but they removed the access when they started to push VMK.

kbr
03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm an internet junkie, and I couldn't find an internet place in THREE whole days. Let me know if you find a good one..

Darkbeer
03-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Once again, the Three Disney owned hotels offer FREE WiFi service in their lobbys, restaurants and bars...

Places I have hooked up lately

GCH

Whitewater Snacks

Hearthstone Lounge

Main Greeting Room/Lobby

PPH

Surfside Lounge

DLH

Lost Bar

The Lounge at Steakhouse 55

The Coffee House Patio (outside)

Sprunkn7
03-23-2007, 02:50 AM
My friend has a PSP, maybe I can borrow that.

stan4d_steph
03-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Once again, the Three Disney owned hotels offer FREE WiFi service in their lobbys, restaurants and bars...Only helpful to those with PDAs or laptops, so not useful for the OP, but thanks for sharing for others who might have.

pooh0200
03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I know in the little store at the Tropicana they had a computer available that your could use. But there was a cost for it. Or at least it was there last year at this time.

Pirate Princess
03-23-2007, 09:15 PM
A few hotels in the area have a pay per "x" amount of time. Carousel Inn has it.. I can't remember who else at this moment. If you were only hopping on to check one email then paying for a few minutes wouldn't be too ridicoulously expensive.

Sprunkn7
03-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I called the Best Western Mini suites today to ask about safes in the room and internet at hotel. She said they have a kiosk that guests can use in the lobby. I asked the question in a way so she would understand that I had no computer of my own and I think she understood. She at first told me the hotel was internet ready in all rooms, then she said oh, yeah, we have a kiosk here in the lobby. That's good, this way we can print our boarding passes for the plane home. Duh, should have phoned them sooner. I thought they would list it as an amenity.