PDA

View Full Version : Photography at Disneyland...

b52hbuff
03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok, I'm reducing my carbon footprint on the boards, so I'll ask several photo related questions in one post...

First, where is the photography guidelines/rules post? I thought I remembered that Darkbeer was putting together a post that was going to outline all of the photography rules @ Disneyland. What you could and couldn't take pictures of, flash rules, etc... I tried searching for posts under his name. Does anyone have a link?

Second, has anyone heard of a photography class that uses Disneyland (or another Disney property) as a backdrop for a photography course? Here's a reference:
http://www.popphoto.com/mentor-series-home/

Finally, has anyone ever been accosted by DLR security/staff for taking pictures or having a 'professional' camera? I have brought a big black (film) SLR into the park into the park many years ago, and actually had a DLR security dude ask me questions about whether I was a pro photographer
(I wish:) ).

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Go over to TripAdvisor....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c53073/Anaheim:California:Disneyland.Policy.Re.Photos.And .Videos.html

The old man
03-21-2007, 06:36 PM
But no rules on tripod use and size.

nsaul1211
03-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I can tell you that recently myself and several other students in my photography class have all taken pictures for our projects at Disneyland and have not had any problems. I am usually walking around with a camera bag with between 1 and 4 lenses and a flash and have not had any problems.

Stupid_American
03-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Finally, has anyone ever been accosted by DLR security/staff for taking pictures or having a 'professional' camera? I have brought a big black (film) SLR into the park into the park many years ago, and actually had a DLR security dude ask me questions about whether I was a pro photographer
(I wish:) ).

More and more people are packing semi-professional cameras. The "Pro-sumer" market is well represented. Many are taken to the parks.

I recently entered with a large bag, 2 bodies, a few lenses, a miniDV and tripod.
The only response was a "Thank you!" after opening the bag for security.