PDA

View Full Version : shuttle from Knotts Berry Resort Hotel

peng
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
We are staying at the Knotts Resort Hotel and plan to use their shuttle. Does anyone have any experience with it? Where does it drop you off?

I am concerned that it does not leave until 7:30 a.m. on days when D'land opens at 8. I always like to be in line at least half an hour before opening?

How much would a cab ride from Knotts to D'land be?

samsma
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
We stayed at Knotts in 2005, and used the shuttle. They are great! It takes just under 10 min to get there, and they drop you where the ART shuttles drop(about a 3 min walk to the gate). I wouldn't get a cab, the shuttle is fabulous, we will stay there again on our next trip,as we liked the location more than staying in Anaheim.

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
A cab is about $20 one way plus tip.

You could take the LA Metro Bus, Route 460, takes about 20 minutes, you pick it up at the corner of Beach and La Palma (the corner where the main Knott's lot is). $1.25 one way drops you off right on Harbor at the Pedestrian entrance. The same stop is where you get the bus going back to Knott's, runs about every 30 minutes, and is an express bus in Orange County.

www.mta.net (http://www.mta.net)

b52hbuff
03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
If you're staying at a hotel local to Disneyland, can you take the Knott's shuttle from the esplanade to Knott's?

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 05:00 PM
If you're staying at a hotel local to Disneyland, can you take the Knott's shuttle from the esplanade to Knott's?

Pretty sure it is just for those hotel guests staying at the Knott's Berry Farm Resort Hotel.

As mentioned above, the LA Metro route 460 bus is the best way to get between Disneyland and Knott's/ Medieval Times/ Pirates Dinner Adventure.

samsma
03-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, you have to sign up on the shuttle at the hotel, and they check you off the list when you arrive.Not on the list, and they dispatch back to the hotel to see if you are a guest at the hotel.

JustMe29
03-22-2007, 04:57 PM
We did this today. Took the J bus from our hotel to DLR, and then the 460 to Knotts and back again.

I'll do a trip report when I get back, but I wouldn't do it again. It was cheap but it was dirty and smelly and a fair walk to Knotts from the bus stop.

I also wouldn't bother with Knotts again. It's a poor mans Disneyland and I wouldn't recommend it.

samsma
03-22-2007, 05:39 PM
We did this today. Took the J bus from our hotel to DLR, and then the 460 to Knotts and back again.

I'll do a trip report when I get back, but I wouldn't do it again. It was cheap but it was dirty and smelly and a fair walk to Knotts from the bus stop.

I also wouldn't bother with Knotts again. It's a poor mans Disneyland and I wouldn't recommend it.

Please make sure to note that this person took the public transport, not the Knotts shuttle. The Knotts shuttle busses are very nice (way nicer than the ART busses),and there is NEVER standing room only. They actually have 2 busses that they use when it's busy. They are air conditioned, and the drivers work the valet desk at the hotel. They are part of the reason we will use this hotel again. They are SO helpful and friendly.
I also did not care for Knotts Berry Farm park, but the stores and resteraunts around it I loved.

JustMe29
03-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry that's true - I didn't take the shuttle or the Grayline service. It was the metro bus from DL to LA.