PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Space Mountain gone?

Pages : [1] 2

houseofmouse
03-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Okay, my parents had some friends in town who rode Space Mountain on Monday. He said it was changed back to normal. Is this true or maybe he does not remember because it had been something like 15 years since they were there last. Anyone know who has been recently like this week?? Thanks!!:)

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
The signage is still up, and they are still advertising it on the Park Maps and elsewhere. I think he just doesn't remember.

Looking forward to April 27th, which is the day Space Mountain returns to normal :)

houseofmouse
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Good thought. Thanks.:) I too will be thrilled in June when it is back to normal!!

SoCalSteven
03-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Rode it last night. Love it! It is even growing on my gf who originally hated it.

Seems like it has been breaking down quite a bit, but I think it is because they are running the ride at full speed and people are not boarding and disembarking fast enough.

just beatla33
03-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll be glad when its back to normal, the last 7 visits we could only ride it 3 times and its annoying as hell to do it that many times in so many visits

oohykitten
03-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Wait so is the ride faster then normal? Or did it just feel that way?

Drince88
03-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Looking forward to April 27th, which is the day Space Mountain returns to normal :)
Does everyone think it's safe to assume it will actually be up and running in 'normal mode' (and California Screamin') on the 27th. I figured it should be, since originally the 'switch' was supposed to happen daily - but I thought I'd ask.

I actually timed our trip so that we could ride both versions (and take advantage of the adult at kid price AND do MouseAdventure!)

SoCalSteven
03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Wait so is the ride faster then normal? Or did it just feel that way?

First time I went on it it was way slow. Last time they were sending half empty trains out to keep up with the trains coming in, so I think they were running full tilt.

adriennek
03-21-2007, 04:08 PM
We rode it last week and I LOVED IT.

I normally get sick on Space and avoid it. I wanted to go on it just because of the music. My stomach had NO problems.

:D

Adrienne

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 04:31 PM
They switched over from the Regular version to Rockin' overnight, should be no problem to do the same in reverse.

WITron
03-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I rode it first thing on Monday morning and it was still Rocking. I went prepared to not like it based on the reports that I had read here, but I was pleasantly surprised and ended up riding it 4 times over the weekend.

hlbtimes2
03-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Does everyone think it's safe to assume it will actually be up and running in 'normal mode' (and California Screamin') on the 27th. I figured it should be, since originally the 'switch' was supposed to happen daily - but I thought I'd ask.

I actually timed our trip so that we could ride both versions (and take advantage of the adult at kid price AND do MouseAdventure!)

I'm assuming that it will be up and running since the schedule doesnt show it as being down that week.

Baloo
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
its actually getting a good response from tourist and spring break guests.

Its the regulars that have complained and disney has taken note of that

swcrazy
03-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I was worried too the first time. Not anymore. We rode it last night and still love it. Being able to see the track makes it more exciting. (never been one of those lucky few who has been on it when it broke down and they turned on all the lights)

Besides my favorite station is KLOS and Uncle Joe Benson is my favorite DJ there (it's the same way for most listeners, when Arrow shut down a few years ago I think someone created a web petition to bring him back on the air.) I didn't even know he was going to narrate parts until I rode it the first time.

I wish they could rotate between all 3 soundtracks (I want to hear the original again and not just on a CD) kind of like how Indiana Jones does it that each ride is different and you never know which door you will go through. How hard would it really be for the music to change each time and the lights in the launch area to change depending on your soundtrack? The lights on the inside however would be more difficult but I'm sure something could be worked out. I'd love to see racing lights at somepoint that trace the track and/or the other vehicle as they zoom around.

Random question - because the original soundtrack was sponsored by FedEx, is Disney no longer able to use it since FedEx is no longer the sponsor? Or does Disney own all the copyrights?

Pat-n-Eil
03-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I had always heard it was going to be the regular soundtrack during the day - and then switch to Rock-it Mountain at night. Is this concept out the window or have they announced anything like this lately?

SoCalSteven
03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
They threw out that concept at the start because they realized there would be downtime every day to switch over.

Autopia Guy
03-22-2007, 09:28 AM
They threw out that concept at the start because they realized there would be downtime every day to switch over.

How would it be a down time though? They would just need to cycle empty rockets for a cycle or 2. That stops the ride for what, 5, maybe 10 mins? Once the first empty rocket is back to the station, have the person in the little control tower hit a button that switches the show in the dome, then let people on again. I cant see how that is a down time. Its just a cycle out, not a down time...

SoCalSteven
03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Just posting what I heard from before they switched over. Not sure why it would cause any downtime aside for initially adding the lights.

Perhaps the lights are controlled by sensors on the track and not centrally. If that is the case maybe they would have to setup the lights each time before the switch.

GORGON
03-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Me too, can't wait to go back to normal

huntzilla
03-22-2007, 05:27 PM
So has the normal version been up or not. Because some of you were saying that it was up, is this true?

adriennek
03-22-2007, 06:20 PM
So has the normal version been up or not. Because some of you were saying that it was up, is this true?

Not true.

Adrienne

EvilQueen_76
03-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Nobody likes change! I remember when they changed Pirates to make it look like the men and woman where chasing each other for food! I didn't care for it because it's not what being a pirate was about but Disney needed to make it more "PC"!
I however love the changes they made to both rides! Gives it a different feeling! Love the Band! I hardly get to ride those ride due to the fact that I have 4 year olds and I'm there for them (maybe a little for myself)!

adriennek
03-23-2007, 07:22 AM
I however love the changes they made to both rides! Gives it a different feeling! Love the Band! I hardly get to ride those ride due to the fact that I have 4 year olds and I'm there for them (maybe a little for myself)!

Well at least there's 2 of us! :)

Adrienne

MouseWife
03-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Well at least there's 2 of us! :)

Adrienne

I am not around a lot but don't count me out! :fez:

I also enjoyed the ride so much more with the lights on. I didn't get a headache and was able to enjoy it with the family.

I would agree with the post about how they said it was the people who go a lot who complained the most. {this would fit the not liking the change bit}.

Like QOTSA says, Go With The Flow!!

And the band? I am not going to waste my time BUT Disney removing the name from the billboards, well, they lost the opportunity to proclaim they have the Award Winning Red Hot Chili Peppers!!!!

Wah wah, I guess they never get it right, do they? If they'd have just waited it out....

raediance
03-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I've never been on Space Mountain. x( I really want to go on it when I go for my birthday, it could be like an added milestone. =]