PDA

View Full Version : What was on the 2 empty lots on Katella?

simnia
03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I noticed there are two empty lots at the corner of Harbor and Katella, both on the south side of Katella Avenue. One is next to Zaby's Motor Lodge, the other next to The Jolly Roger and Portofino Inn. Does anybody remember what used to be at those locations? (Those are surely prime commercial real estate locations!)

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
The South West corner (Jolly Roger) was a Chevron station for years, and recently closed. They built a new and larger station a few blocks east on Katella.

Can't remember what was on the South East corner, but I wish they would build an In-n-Out on it. (I know, too small, but one can wish)

simnia
03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
The South West corner (Jolly Roger) was a Chevron station for years, and recently closed. They built a new and larger station a few blocks east on Katella.

Can't remember what was on the South East corner, but I wish they would build an In-n-Out on it. (I know, too small, but one can wish)

Thanks for the info. I don't remember that Chevron station at all.

My idea is that Disney should buy every parcel of adjacent land that comes on the market, put a small ride on it, and in time, once they have acquired all the surrounding area, expand the park boundaries!

Baloo
03-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Disney actually has had meeting recently with Anaheim officials in regards to the new big expansion plan that they have in mind for the Disneyland resort.

SOme of these plots of land and other plots of land with decaying sleezy motels might eventually be on the cutting block.

That is one of the reasons Disney has taken a stand against building anykind of housing withint the resorts borders. Disneyis pushing hard to eventually redesign the whole area and make it more whole with expansion on their part and other projects

simnia
03-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Follow up...

The address of that Chevron station was 1801 S. Harbor Blvd., according to Internet sources. And the sign on the other empty lot has a phone number for business opportunities: (949) 221-0060. I'll call that when I get a chance and see if the sales office remembers what was there before.

I'm working on a nice set of tables of all businesses and their addresses surrounding Disneyland, by the way, which is why I wanted that info. It will list *every* business on both sides of each of the 4 streets that surround Disneyland, for at least the span of Disneyland. I'll let everybody know when I'm done with it, probably Thursday or Friday. Remember The Village Inn, Cuban Pete's, and the Anaheim Depot Restaurant? Those are all out of business but some of their structures still stand.