PDA

View Full Version : Buzz, what's the difference?

huntzilla
03-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I leave in less then a week for Disneyland and I was wondering. I love the BUzz ride in WDW but I here that the DLR version is better. So i was wondering what makes it different? Longer, more monsters, better blasters, what is it?

DisneylandForever
03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I never got into the whole points thing, which ones are worth more, etc. However, ours is primarily better because you can lift the guns up and actually aim.

mckygirl99
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I found the one in WDW much easier to score. It is harder to point and aim here. Other than that I think they are have different aspects but are pretty much the same.

Andrew
03-21-2007, 01:33 PM
I never got into the whole points thing, which ones are worth more, etc. However, ours is primarily better because you can lift the guns up and actually aim.

I found the one in WDW much easier to score. It is harder to point and aim here. Other than that I think they are have different aspects but are pretty much the same.
That's really about the only difference. Both attractions have a cool Buzz aninmatronic in the queue, both are Omnimover attractions where you shoot the targets for points. WDW's has the blasters fixed to the vehicle; Disneyland's has them attached to a cable so you can lift them out and aim.

The main difference is that Disneyland's is integrated with an online game, and certain targets are worth more when they're lit. Also, while the on-ride photo at WDW is printed for you if you purchase it, at Disneyland you get to email it to yourself (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38851).

Vegitabeta
03-22-2007, 03:54 AM
And don't you love how all the 3 Buzz rides have different names! They love to confuse us, I'm sure:p

geoffa
03-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Maximium score is 999999. Anyone ever achieved it? I wish they did a character meet with Emperor Zorg.

partyoffive
03-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Maximium score is 999999. Anyone ever achieved it? I wish they did a character meet with Emperor Zorg.

I got the max when we were there a few weeks ago - but afterward when I went to view the photo I found out that the max is only in the vehicle. It still continues to add your points because when it gave me my points on the screen of the photo it was over 1 mill.

ralfrick
03-22-2007, 08:01 AM
If I recall, in WDW the targets are all the same shape. In DL there are circles, squares, diamonds and triangles. Most points for triangles, fewest for circles. And I got much higher scores at DL.

A bientot.

Another Dimension
03-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Maximium score is 999999. Anyone ever achieved it?

I finally cracked a million (1,206,400) on Valentines Day. :D
My last ride (3/20) was only 431,300.

I wish they did a character meet with Emperor Zorg.

Even with his incredibly simple and stiff movement... his secret targets, his wonderful in-your-face personality, his awesome stature and intense brutal villain appearance have quickly made Zurg one of my favorite AA's at the Resort!
He would be a cool Meet & Greet.
Or even better a future 'Living Character Initiative' AA.
Meeting Zurg would be cool, but much better if he could be evil and verbally berate you at the same time.. like the other great villains. :~D

BLAB opened at DL and I think it was definitely overshadowed by the 50th, and rightfully so...IMO, but I for one am really really happy Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters was added to the DLR's already cool line-up of dark rides.

A must ride every visit, since 2005!

Koukla
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I finally cracked a million (1,206,400) on Valentines Day. :D

Not hard to do if the ride stops in a really *nice* spot! cheat!!! :p

My last ride (3/20) was only 431,300.

Only???! Okay, I'm an awesome target shooter and have been for years, I even have a fancy two-handed grip on my gun (yea, I know, I watch too much Cops) and I was ecstatic when I broke 50k! What's your secret? C'mon, cough it up! :D

but I for one am really really happy Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters was added to the DLR's already cool line-up of dark rides.

I absolutely love BLAB! First time riding was just a few months ago, a weekday evening and the lines were short. My mom was in an ECV and instead of us getting off and reloading, the very nice CM let us stay on for another ride (she laughed when I told her I just had to beat the score of the little kid in front of me or I was gonna die trying:~D ). I'm now hooked.

Really hope DL/DCA adds more interactive dark rides like this.

[QUOTE]
A must ride every visit, since 2005!

:eek: Shhhhhhhhhhhh. They're gonna hear you and the lines are gonna get lonnnnnger. :mad: :D

Another Dimension
03-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Not hard to do if the ride stops in a really *nice* spot! cheat!!! :p

It's not cheating.
Not at all.
Shooting during 'creep-mode' isn't cheating either.
Tisn't! :p

Not shooting when Buzz stops is like not looking around when the Haunted Mansion stops. :eek:

Only???! Okay, I'm an awesome target shooter and have been for years, I even have a fancy two-handed grip on my gun (yea, I know, I watch too much Cops) and I was ecstatic when I broke 50k! What's your secret? C'mon, cough it up! :D

I use two hands also and I ride my own path. I have favorite targets, etc.
I average around 450K a ride.

I absolutely love BLAB! First time riding was just a few months ago, a weekday evening and the lines were short. My mom was in an ECV and instead of us getting off and reloading, the very nice CM let us stay on for another ride (she laughed when I told her I just had to beat the score of the little kid in front of me or I was gonna die trying:~D ). I'm now hooked.

:~D

Really hope DL/DCA adds more interactive dark rides like this.

If Toy Story Midway Mania is as good as Buzz, I will be quite jazzed for many years to come. :D

:eek: Shhhhhhhhhhhh. They're gonna hear you and the lines are gonna get lonnnnnger. :mad: :D

I'll just grab a Fast Pass when i arrive and go watch some DL bands for a few hours... :cool: