PDA

View Full Version : Staybridge Anaheim

themouselover
03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello All,

I'm new to the website and have found it very useful in planning my trip to Disneyland in May. It's nice to see there are so many Disney lovers out there:) I'm going with my three children ages 4 & 1 year old twins and two other adults.

Can someone tell me about the Staybrige Suites? We are considering staying there over the Disneyland hotel because of price & space.

Also, is taking the ART a hassle or do the shuttles run frequently enough that we won't have to wait an hour to get to Disney?

Thanks for any replies!

samsma
03-21-2007, 10:37 AM
We were just at the Holiday Inn that shares the pool and outdoor facilities as the Staybridge.They are both very nice hotels, and we would go back to them. The ART stops in front of the Holiday Inn( about 40 steps away from Staybridge -Both hotels share a big parking area,so it's still on Staybridge property too) it runs about every 20-25 min.We did not find this a hassle at all, as we chose the ART over taking the rental car to the parking structure.P.S. you use route H on the ART. It only stops at Staybridge/Holiday Inn, and Comfort Inn, and the Convention center.

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Hello All,

I'm new to the website and have found it very useful in planning my trip to Disneyland in May. It's nice to see there are so many Disney lovers out there:) I'm going with my three children ages 4 & 1 year old twins and two other adults.

Can someone tell me about the Staybrige Suites? We are considering staying there over the Disneyland hotel because of price & space.

Also, is taking the ART a hassle or do the shuttles run frequently enough that we won't have to wait an hour to get to Disney?

Thanks for any replies!I havent stayed there. We generally stay at the Residence Inn Maingate for the space.

ART really depends on the route. B and G routes are good. F route, well, sucks. C, E, and M can get very crowded. (They go to Hilton, Marriot, and Convention Center.) I haven't used the other routes.

Wendi
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
It has been about 4 years since I stayed there but I loved it. I went with my sister, her three kids, my brother, and my then 1-year-old. We had a 2-BR suite. It was basically a 2BR/2BA apartment. My bedroom had a king bed and full bathroom with shower & tub. My brother slept on the sofabed in the living room, my sister and her kids had a room with two queen or double beds and a full bathroom with shower & tub. All three rooms had TVs. The kitchen has a full sized refrigerator, stove/oven, toaster oven, microwave, dishes, towels, etc. Breakfast buffet is free and very good - I even made PB&J sandwiches for my son's lunch every day from the breakfast buffet. The pool and hot tub were nice. Appetizers beer/wine/sodas/juice were free every evening and twice a week they had a BBQ by the pool with burgers/dogs/fixin's/salads/chips, etc. It was a really great way to save money on not only the hotel but on meals! Back then they were on ART but had their own shared shuttle with the other hotel on the property and those were the only two hotels served by that shuttle (both hotels are the same company and also share the pool). There is a restaurant on site but we didn't ever eat there or order room service. The hotel is not within walking distance but was very convenient with the shuttle service, I don't know if there are more hotels on the line now or not. We did have to use a taxi one night because the shuttles only run until 30 minutes after park closing and we wanted to have dinner after closing one night.

mamatojade
03-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Why does the F route suck?

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Why does the F route suck?
They use a small bus for the route, you have to go down a side street where, there isn't even a hotel stop to make a U turn in the middle of no where, to come back. Even I (who my kids will tell you will wait for the train to get to NOS) started walking the mile walk from the Anabella!!

mamatojade
03-21-2007, 03:36 PM
They use a small bus for the route, you have to go down a side street where, there isn't even a hotel stop to make a U turn in the middle of no where, to come back. Even I (who my kids will tell you will wait for the train to get to NOS) started walking the mile walk from the Anabella!!

Well that sucks - that is where we are staying.

themouselover
03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much for the info. It sounds like we are going to like the Staybridge:D