PDA

View Full Version : 2Fer Questions [Vons]

katiesue
01-05-2007, 10:14 AM
If I buy the 2fer at Vons can I go straight to the entrance gate or do I need to go to a ticket booth to exchange it for an actual ticket?

samkj
01-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Another related question, if my in-laws purchase them for us online, do they need to show up at the park at the same time as us to show ID? They will be there the same day, but will arrive a couple hours later.

samkj
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Nevermind, I found the official answer already.

Darkbeer
01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
If I buy the 2fer at Vons can I go straight to the entrance gate or do I need to go to a ticket booth to exchange it for an actual ticket?

Go straight to the Turnstiles, the "Gift Cards" sold at VONS/Safeway and the Disney Stores are actual tickets.

The one thing I recommend is that you have your receipt with you, since it is multiple computers talking to each other to verify the gift card was paid for, having the receipt just in case something goes wrong is a good thing!

katiesue
01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Thank you. Now that I've purchased them it does say on the back you can go straight to the gate - and I put the reciept with them too just in case.

garrett240
03-21-2007, 06:37 AM
IS the last day to use the 2fer tickets April 26th or is that just the last day to buy them?

Will the week of April 23-26 (Monday thru Wedensday) be extra busy due to the end of the 2Fer tickets?

Thanks for any help or insights.

Yes, I know they are for southern California residences. My mom lives in So Cal.... :)

Drince88
03-21-2007, 06:47 AM
We got the kids at adult prices ones that ends at the same time - and in that situation, it was FIRST USE by the end of the promotion. Since we're arrriving a couple days before that end, it works out perfectly for us.

I think I read on the DL update when they introduced this special that it was first use by then, but you still had however long to use the second day - in part to minimize the huge crowd impact at the end of the promotion that they had last year.

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 07:00 AM
The last day to buy and use the FIRST day of the 2fer ticket (aka Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for Free) is April 26th, but everybody has 30 days after the first day of use to use the second ticket, so that will allow some folks to go to DCA in May for their second day.

Monday the 23rd might be busier than normal becuase some tourists will decide to go to USH or Knott's on the 22nd, since Disneyland closes early, and shift their DL visit to the 23rd.

vegasmommytoDL
03-25-2007, 09:43 PM
How are these bought/redeemed? I saw a lot of them for sale on eBay with sellers saying you have to be a resident to buy them but not to use them. Couldn't I just walk into a Vons and buy one? Or would I have to redeem the gift card for a ticket at DL?

The Vons in Vegas sell Gift Cards but not these 2fer ones. Also, does anyone know if the Upgrade value on these "Everyone pays the kids price" tickets are always the price paid?

I am trying to evaluate my ticket options since I know we want to go once more later in the year. I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck so to speak! This trip I only need a one-day ticket for the 23rd (my sister picked the day - could kill her!) but if I come back later for 2 days we are talking about $185 spent in tickets... I am trying to find an upgradeable ticket for a comparable price (after upgrade costs).

Malcon10t
03-26-2007, 07:18 AM
The Vons in Vegas sell Gift Cards but not these 2fer ones. Also, does anyone know if the Upgrade value on these "Everyone pays the kids price" tickets are always the price paid?
When my folks used them last year, the upgrade value was the price paid. So, a 5 day hopper would be worth $159 towards an AP.

vegasmommytoDL
04-11-2007, 11:26 PM
What is the difference between the 2fer tickets sold at VONS and the 2fer tickets sold at the Disneyland Ticket Booth?

I see the VONS ones on eBay being sold as "no CA ID needed"... is that true? I thought that was only true for the paper ones? If that is the case then couldn't anyone just go into any CA VONS and buy one of these?

My daughter and I are getting AP's... but my sisters family hasn't bought tickets yet. Any information would be appreciated.

Niwel
04-12-2007, 12:02 AM
As far as I can tell, there is no difference. It is an actual ticket -- meaning you don't have to go the ticket booth at the park to exchange it. And I don't think the ID at VONS, so it might be the better option if yo9u have out-of-towners. :)

Darkbeer
04-12-2007, 06:04 AM
The SoCal VONS tickets clearly state that each user needs to have a SoCal ID.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2348468

Now, the CM's at the gate hardly check for ID, but they do have the right to do it.

You must use the first day of the ticket by April 26th.

vegasmommytoDL
04-12-2007, 07:00 AM
The SoCal VONS tickets clearly state that each user needs to have a SoCal ID.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2348468

Now, the CM's at the gate hardly check for ID, but they do have the right to do it.

You must use the first day of the ticket by April 26th.

I suppose it's a gamble then... I wonder what would happen if you didn't have the right ID? She would use the CA part 4/22 and the DL part 4/23 so the expiration date doesn't matter much. The CA part is the day she drives up (I'm driving up Saturday) so I don't expect them to try to enter CA until about 3PM... I think CA is going to be crazy busy that day so I wonder if it makes it more or less of a chance that they will ask for ID....

chrisaaron
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm a little confused as to the exact day that the Southern California 2fer tickets expire for the second use. The only reason I need such a precise answer is because the only day I can use the second day at DCA would be the 30th day after the first use at Disneyland.

The wording on the back of the ticket states that the ticket, "expires 30 days from first use."

The wording on Disneyland.com states, "these tickets are valid 30 days from first use."

But Guest Relations told me over the phone that the tickets are only valid 29 days after the first use, as the first day of use constitutes the first of the total of 30 days that the 2fer ticket is valid.

My issue is with the choice of the world "from" in these descriptions. Does this mean that you have 30 full days to use the second admission or the ticket expires on the 30th day, and is thus no good on that day? You have until April 26th to use the first day of the 2fer and Disney reminds that the unused portions expire May 26th. So in theory, would the tickets expire on May 26th or would they still be valid on that actual day? As I stated before, the only reason this is an issue for me is because I can only go on what would be the 30th day after the first use. The first use was on March 23rd for Disneyland and I'd like to go back to DCA on April 22nd.

Any response is appreciated since asking Disneyland directly only confused me even more...