PDA

View Full Version : Random proximity question... [In-n-Out, Del Taco]

trampslady
03-21-2007, 05:22 AM
So, I live in Texas, and we will be visiting Disneyland for the very first time in two weeks. While in California there are just some places we cannot miss, and Del Taco (and In and Out Burger) is one of them. Any idea where the closest one is to Disneyland or en route to San Diego (headed for a cruise after the Disney trip)?

just beatla33
03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
SAn Diego is littered with Inn N' Out, but Del Taco? eh, if your in SD there are TONS of better mexican food than Del Taco

adriennek
03-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Disneyland's zip is 92805.

If you go to the Del Taco website and enter that zip in the locator, you'll see a bunch of restaurants and the map is interactive so you can follow it down I-5 towards San Diego to see where they are on your route.

There are actually two close to the closest In N Out.

Adrienne

tod
03-21-2007, 08:19 AM
The closest Del Taco to Disneyland is at Katella and Manchester. I have eaten there a lot, especially when I was working at the Disneyland Hotel.

--t

Bytebear
03-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Go to maps.google.com and enter Anaheim, CA in location, then "Del Taco" or "In n out" in the find Businesses field, and you will get a map of anaheim with a push pin for every store in the area.

The old man
03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
While in California there are just some places we cannot miss...Del Taco...is one of them.
:eek:

DisneylandForever
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
The closest Del Taco to Disneyland is at Katella and Manchester. I have eaten there a lot, especially when I was working at the Disneyland Hotel.

--t

Isn't that the one near Hooters, tod? ;)

LostBoy02
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry but I just have to ask of all the places WHY Del Taco??! :p

In'n'Out is definetly understandable, but comming from Texas youve surely eaten better Mexican food then Del Taco ;).

The old man
03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
SAn Diego is littered with Inn N' Out, but Del Taco? eh, if your in SD there are TONS of better mexican food than Del Taco
and San Diego doesn't really have any excellent Mexican, but plenty better than Del Taco.

Catcherman22
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
mmmmmmm In n Out *Drool*

And San Diego County has excellent Mexican food.. you just have to know where to go.

WITron
03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I was able to get my In-N-Out fix this weekend, but I did find out that it is rather difficult to drive and eat a 3 x 3 at the same time.

trampslady
03-22-2007, 03:29 AM
I can totally understand the ?? regarding my fixation with Del Taco. However, it's one of those "kid" things. When I was a kid, we had Del Tacos here in Dallas. I love, love, love the macho burrito. I don't know why......Sure, we have outstanding mexican here, but I still love those darn burritos, and everytime I'm in a city that Del Taco serves, I have to make a pilgrimage. Weird? Probably, but it's more of a trip down memory lane than anything else!

The old man
03-22-2007, 08:02 AM
mmmmmmm In n Out *Drool*

And San Diego County has excellent Mexican food.. you just have to know where to go.
After 15 years I still can't find it. San Diego, is in general, not a great restaurant town--though it's, I believe, the 7th largest city in the US, it would probably rank around 20th for food. A couple quick examples, its Zagat is paper thin and comes out sporadically. Another example every year, in the Union Tribune's restaurant poll, the Olive Garden comes out as the number one Italian restaurant!

BTW, for that matter, In and Out's nothing special either. Better than McDonalds, Burger King, etc. But it that really saying anything?

Bytebear
03-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I can totally understand the ?? regarding my fixation with Del Taco. However, it's one of those "kid" things. When I was a kid, we had Del Tacos here in Dallas. I love, love, love the macho burrito. I don't know why......Sure, we have outstanding mexican here, but I still love those darn burritos, and everytime I'm in a city that Del Taco serves, I have to make a pilgrimage. Weird? Probably, but it's more of a trip down memory lane than anything else!

In Lake Forest at the corner of El Toro and Trabucco there are two Del Tacos literally across the street from each other. You could call it the Mecca of Del Tacos.