PDA

View Full Version : Trip Next Monday And Tuesday (3/26-27/07)

MadasaHatter
03-20-2007, 10:46 AM
OK Gang,

I cannot contain myself on a rainy blustery day here in SF as I will be wandering around the park NEXT week at this time.....Sheesh.

What has the weather been like??

Any chance the train will open early???

Do they ever do the fireworks on weekdays???

Are there any cool new mouse ears I should know about as that is my tradition these days to buy mouse ears???

I see that the Mark Twain is down but is the Columbia running???

I am going with my best friend and her parents. Her dad has very very bad arthritis and of course SPACE MTN is right out!!! He will love BILLY HILL and the Dark Rides and SOARIN' should be awesome for him. Was hoping the train would be running for transport but alas..... We are going to be there for two days and think that MONDAY(cheerleaders still there????) may be much more crowded than TUESDAY and he is planning on attending only one day. Maybe Tuesday would be best????

Any thoughts and ideas and any suggestions of new things to do or see would be great!!!! (I go all the time so probably not much I haven't seen but let me know if anyone has any ideas......)

Mad as a Hatter!!!!

stan4d_steph
03-20-2007, 12:53 PM
No, yes, maybe. Try a search. ;)

mycutekitties
03-20-2007, 01:20 PM
I will be there too!!

yohomama212
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Weather has been icky the last few days but it's supposed to clear up by Thursday and be nice over the weekend (I use www.noaa.gov).

Don't know about the train or the fireworks for certain.

The kids and I have fun wearing our pirate mouse ears, there's light up ones that seem to be popular now too.

The rest you'll have to get other opinions on too!

Liz :cool:

Darkbeer
03-21-2007, 04:08 AM
No to the train, it is running a bit behind schedule, but should be done on time.

They do fireworks 7 days a week during most of the summer, Christmas time, and during PEAK Easter vacation (this year, the first two weeks of April), but NOT next week.

The Columbia will be running, but only AFTER 7:15 PM, as they are only offering night trips due to the ongoing construction on Tom Sawyer Island.

acpalmer
03-21-2007, 06:22 AM
No to the train, it is running a bit behind schedule, but should be done on time.

They do fireworks 7 days a week during most of the summer, Christmas time, and during PEAK Easter vacation (this year, the first two weeks of April), but NOT next week.

The Columbia will be running, but only AFTER 7:15 PM, as they are only offering night trips due to the ongoing construction on Tom Sawyer Island.

According to the Disneyland.com calendar, fireworks are showing at 9:25 everyday next week--not just the weekend.

MadasaHatter
03-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice and tidbits....

The last time I looked at the Disney calendar it didn't have fireworks listed so that is very cool if that is the case.

I really posted the thread more than half out of anticipation....I am very confident in my Disneyland skills.

The only question that I didn't see answered is about the Rivers of America if any vehicle is moving on it during the construction...will the Columbia be sailing????

See you all in the park soon.

FunAuntSherry
03-22-2007, 03:57 AM

A friend of mine told me that she was there last week and saw it running and asked - they ran up until 10:45 - it was about that time when she asked - so she was very bummed.... oh well, will have to hit it when we are visiting, she can wait 10 more days :D

acpalmer
03-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice and tidbits....

The last time I looked at the Disney calendar it didn't have fireworks listed so that is very cool if that is the case.

I really posted the thread more than half out of anticipation....I am very confident in my Disneyland skills.

The only question that I didn't see answered is about the Rivers of America if any vehicle is moving on it during the construction...will the Columbia be sailing????

See you all in the park soon.

The fireworks were added to the schedule pretty recently. We'll be there next week, so I'd been checking it fairly often and a week and a half ago, fireworks were only listed on the weekend. Lo and behold, on Tuesday when I checked, listed every day! YAY!!