PDA

View Full Version : Parking when going to Disneyland hotel for character breakfast?

edensw
03-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi all.

We are visiting DL for the 2nd time. :) (Thursday Mar 22 - 25)
We're staying off property at the Doubletree in Orange.

On Friday we're doing the character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen at the DL Hotel, and then spending the day in the two parks.

That day we'll drive rather than shuttle to get there on time. I assume we'll park in the Mickey structure--and then what is the quickest and easiest way to get to the hotel? Walk south, or take a tram? :confused:

I can't tell if the tram stops close by the hotel on the way or if it just goes straight to the esplanade.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

itig
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
hmmm...what if you take advantage of the free DL Downtown parking for your breakfast and then drive to the Mickey structure to park for the rest of the day. Might be easier...but not sure if this works with your plans.

samsma
03-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Or you can park at the hotel itself for 3 free hours. We did that when we went. You will have to move after the 3 hours though.

Malcon10t
03-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Park at DL hotel for your breakfast. When breakfast is over, one adult drives the car and parks it in the Mickey structure, while the others stroll thru DTD to the esplanade. Meet up at the turnstiles.

edensw
03-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Parking at the hotel itself sounds great...we'll plan to do that and then one of us will move the vehicle.

samsma
03-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Just get your parking stub valedated at the breakfast(the waiter can do it for you).

lilfaeriebrat
03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
This month when we did our character breakfast for my grandma's birthday, most of my family parked at the hotel and then moved the cars. Depending on the timing this may be a bad idea. We had breakfast reservations at 9:30, I had no lines for parking in Mickey structure. When the rest of the family moved their cars after breakfast they got stuck in a 20 minute line to pay for parking. Then had to deal with very full trams from the parking structure and I had no problems earlier in the morning.

Darkbeer
03-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Note, the Parking Structure usually only opens up 30 minutes (or sometimes a bit less) than park opening, depending on your Priority Seating time, you could miss breakfast.