PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lanyard I just won in "Year Of A Million Dreams" contest

ktrm
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah!!!!! I just won a Disneyland Lanyard through the mail from the YOMD. I was really excited that it had Disneyland pins with it instead of Disneyworld pins since I have not yet been to Disneyworld. Anyway, I don't quite understand how you hold your tickets or your fastpasses on it. When I got the AAA lanyard, it had a plastic sleave at the end of it to put your tickets in. This just terminates in a Year of a Million Dreams card. Do you buy the sleave separately? How do you put the sleave on? By bending the little ring that is currentely attached to the card? Silly questions but I really don't know.

I am impressed with how soft the fabric of the lanyard is. It does not cut my neck like the AAA one did.

yenko427
03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes, you can buy the sleeve separately. For example I have a POTC one. I bought my YOAMD lanyard off ebay since I wanted one so bad.

DebT
03-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah!!!!! I just won a Disneyland Lanyard through the mail from the YOMD. I was really excited that it had Disneyland pins with it instead of Disneyworld pins since I have not yet been to Disneyworld. Anyway, I don't quite understand how you hold your tickets or your fastpasses on it. When I got the AAA lanyard, it had a plastic sleave at the end of it to put your tickets in. This just terminates in a Year of a Million Dreams card. Do you buy the sleave separately? How do you put the sleave on? By bending the little ring that is currentely attached to the card? Silly questions but I really don't know.

I am impressed with how soft the fabric of the lanyard is. It does not cut my neck like the AAA one did.

I had always wondered this too. We received a Disneyland lanyard in the mail today too. What a great Monday surprise.

MrTomMorrow
03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Congratulations! I kept meaning to enter the YOAMD contest thru the mail, but kept forgetting... is it still possible to enter?

Darkbeer
03-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Congratulations! I kept meaning to enter the YOAMD contest thru the mail, but kept forgetting... is it still possible to enter?

Yes, you still have over 9 months to enter, one postcard per day, per person, and be postmarked on or before December 31st 2007.

All the details on how to enter by mail can be found here...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60858

And make sure you read down the thread, the postcards must be 3.5 inches by 5 inches. (Disney made a mistake in the original rules)

disneyshoes
03-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Congrats! Were these from the January entry?

Darkbeer
03-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats! Were these from the January entry?

More than likely, Postcards received in January were drawn as winners around February 20th, allowing for processing and packaging, it would be the right time...

Remember that postal delivery will have these prizes spread over the next few days, so there is still a chance you will get something in the next few days.

disneyshoes
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
More than likely, Postcards received in January were drawn as winners around February 20th, allowing for processing and packaging, it would be the right time...

Remember that postal delivery will have these prizes spread over the next few days, so there is still a chance you will get something in the next few days.

Thanks! I hope so :)

missmonkey
03-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Are you really going to wear it? I'm so proud of the one I won that I have it hanging in a place of honor. I wore it on the day I won it, but I consider it a collectible and want to preserve it. I doubt it will ever have any significant monetary value but, still . . . Or am i being excessively nerdy about this?

Tinkermommy
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't think you're being nerdy! We've received one as well, and also are "saving" it. It's just so pretty!

ktrm
03-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Are you really going to wear it? I'm so proud of the one I won that I have it hanging in a place of honor. I wore it on the day I won it, but I consider it a collectible and want to preserve it. I doubt it will ever have any significant monetary value but, still . . . Or am i being excessively nerdy about this?

Since I won the lanyard through the mail, I have this strong desire to wear it to the park when I go in June. If I won it like you did at the park I would probably be like you and not wear it again. Its sort of like mouse ears to me, I have to wear them to the park.

IdahoMike
03-21-2007, 07:53 AM
I won one, but couldn't wear it for more than about an hour. With cameras, small children, food, etc... it just got tangled up in things. One of my pins fell off on Pooh, and I would have lost it except I stepped on it and it stuck to the bottom of my shoe!

samsma
03-21-2007, 07:58 AM
We won the lanyards in DCA, and we did'nt even wear them that day, not because we didn't want to get them dirty or anything,but because my DH thought if we were seen wearing them, and the dream team happend to be by us, we would'nt win anything else. HA HA what a guy! By the way, we did not see them again.

disneyshoes
03-21-2007, 09:28 AM
We won the lanyards in DCA, and we did'nt even wear them that day, not because we didn't want to get them dirty or anything,but because my DH thought if we were seen wearing them, and the dream team happend to be by us, we would'nt win anything else. HA HA what a guy! By the way, we did not see them again.

I never thought about that! That is funny.
I hope I win one so I can worry about whether or not to wear it;)

CamCay
03-21-2007, 12:07 PM

I just got two yesterday, but they have the Disney World pins. I wonder how the Disneyland vs. Disney World winners are chosen?

bbqbear
03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
My wife and I had a double dream in February. I had some quick business in Anaheim on Feb 5th. After I finished I went to Disneyland for a couple of quick rides. I left the park and grabbed a sandwich from Napolini to-go. I
walked over to a planter bench by House of Blues,and sat down to eat my sandwich. That's when the Dream team approched me and said I won a prize... It was the Mickey's Penthouse. What a great afternoon and evening(dinner and parade Grand Marshall).

Then Later that week my wife had a conference in Garden Grove.My daughter and I came down Friday night to join her. We went to the park Saturday and did the regular family Disney stuff, no prizes. Our daughter had some shoes that she needed to return to Rain Forest Cafe that she for got to bring on Saturday so Sunday we went back on our way home to return the shoes. While she was in the store my wife took a cell phone call, sat down at a planter bench and bamm the dream team approched her and said she won a prize....The Mickey Penthouse... twice in one week.. the Disney team could not believe the same family won twice in less than 6 days...either could we!

disneyshoes
03-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I am going to sit on that planter everyday when I arrive:D

Tinkermommy
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
the Disney team could not believe the same family won twice in less than 6 days...either could we!

I can't believe you didn't call all of us to come share your good fortune...LOL!:p