PDA

View Full Version : First complaint at City hall... yours?

Pages : [1] 2

Doodle Duck
03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
A couple of weeks ago, we were really disappointed at Pluto's (TT) because of the menu change and even more so with the horrible 'sausages' Bratwurst and Knockwurst...shriveled and tasteless and the onions and peppers just limp grease spots. Me I ate 'em cold anyway and moved on really missing the Hot Dog I used to really like there.

Lori on the other hand was really ticked off and decided to press a complaint at City hall. Low and behold on a massively crowded Sunday there were no other guests at the window!

In all these years we have never griped (Though I did confront a surly Lead once.) and even so were hesitant so as not to be the 'ugly' APs we heard they put up with all day long.

Lori put down the reciept on the counter and before she even got out the whole sad story the smiling CM had a credit slip out and filled in the amount and that was that. I almost told her about the lousy Salmon sandwich I had the week before at the RBT...haha

So if you are not frequent 'flyers' into City hall, what kind minor complaints have caused you to bring it up to the counter?

Just curious.

Doug:fez:

just beatla33
03-19-2007, 11:14 AM
only twice have we been there and complained, once about horrible reservations we had at Cafe Oreleans (reservation at 6:30, waited and sat at 7:45....obviously they dont' know what reservations mean) and the last time we complained how theres to much Grumpy and tinkerbell merch and they need to do something about it.

carolyn
03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I've had an AP for 20 years and have never had to complain about anything. :)

dz4dsny
03-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I wrote a complaint when they stopped doing package pickup from anywhere in the park. I explained to them that my interest in purchasing merchandise was diminished because I wasn't going to carry stuff around all day, nor was I going to schlep back to the main gate to drop stuff off.

They apologized, but said that nothing would change.

houseofmouse
03-19-2007, 11:49 AM
I asked, not really complained about a week and a half ago when my daughter and I were there on a trip. She rode Maliboomer 3 times and fit the height indicator and then on Sat. she was too short. :confused: She did not change shoes, hair or anything but I asked City Hall how they calibrated the height indicator and was told it was measured each day and re-set if it was wrong. So I guess it was wrong 3 times in two days. He apologized and that was all good, I was just more confused then mad because, if she was really too short and something happened then that would be the worst. We will be back this June and I am sure she will be able to legitimately ride then! :) Other than that, I have never complained at City Hall.

cstephens
03-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I've stopped putting in complaints at City Hall because I have no confidence that it goes anywhere. When I've had a complaint, I've sent it in via the website.

Doodle Duck
03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Well Cindy...our complaint wound up back in our pocket so it was worth it. :-)

hlbtimes2
03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
I've never sent in with a complaint. I did go last May with my two friends to leave a compliment. We had a very nice cm at the princess story time help my friend. He went out of his way to make her happy.

adriennek
03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok, I know I've done one or two before but I can't remember why. :eek:

I'll think and see if it comes to me. It seems to me that the complaints I've fill out have been about extremely RUDE CMs. Not just unhelpful, not just having a bad day, but unreasonably rude.

Now, on the other hand, I've done LOADS of compliments. One thing I have been told is that if you don't either see them fill out a form or fill out the form yourself, there's no guarantee that it will be submitted - like they try to "screen" them by not giving you access to the form as a way to keep complaints low.

I don't know if it's true or not but when I've put in a compliment, I usually push to fill out the form myself. Compliments are usually for CMs that have gone out of their way to help me. If I am concerned that the CM may have been breaking an SOP to help me, I make the compliment vague. :eek:

The most recent compliment I gave was a year ago. MammaSilva and I were in the park with all four of our kids, a stroller, a wheelchair and an ECV. We were in Pizza Port trying to get and pay for lunch for our crew. The CMs bent over BACKWARDS to help us. We had CMs carrying trays for us, asking what we wanted to eat, getting the food for us and so on. They carried the trays through the cash register line for us, got our napkins, forks, straws, etc, found tables for us, pushed the tables together for us, got a highchair for us, etc etc.

We took down as many names as we could. When it was all said and done we had at least 5 names. (Two people helped us get the food, another 2 to 3 helped us carry it to the tables, etc.) We noted the time and on our way out, we stopped at City Hall and left a compliment with as many details as the space on the form would allow. :D

Adrienne

mickeynminnie
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
The only complaint we made was due to an extremely rude CM. Our DS asked a CM a question and the CM was so rude she made him cry.:crying: I was holding his hand and everything so I know that my son didn't say or do anything that was out of line to the CM, in fact his question included "please" and "thank you". But the way the CM acted you would have thought my son had said something wrong to her. :mad:

Anyway, we promptly went to City Hall with my son and put in the complaint, I was so apologetic because I hate to leave negative feedback on anything. They ended up giving my son lots of stickers and a slip to get some ice cream. :)

My son wouldn't go near the area that he met the CM for the rest of the trip.

Otherwise we have only left compliments. Usually, ironically, for CMs that have made my son's trip magical.

neverlander
03-19-2007, 04:20 PM
I've never been to City Hall, but it's nice to know that that's where we can issue a compliment. I love to acknowledge those who go out of their way to be helpful and kind. I'll remember that this trip; there have been many people in the past who have made our trip extra special.

Tinkermommy
03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I've only complained once. It was when I cooled my heels at a shop counter in Frontierland, waiting to get an engraved name badge for my daughter, while the CM behind the counter chit-chatted with another CM who was in front of the counter. The whole time they talked, the CM behind the counter drew pictures and a name on a styrofoam take-out container. She made eye contact with me once, but never said a word to me. When their conversation finally ended, I told her what I wanted, and she said the machine was broken. No apology; just a "too bad for you" attitude. I was SO mad that I filled out a complaint, including her name AND the name she was writing on the food box.

When I was at City Hall, they told me I could take the badge to a stand on Main Street, and I told them I was so mad I didn't buy it. They offered one free, and I declined. I said I just wanted to make them aware of what had happened. But they were so nice and persistent that I finally let them give it to my daughter. (Ironically, when they engraved it, they accidentally inserted a space in her name. I wasn't about to complain, so we took it home. LOL)

I also filled out a "suggestion" once, begging them to bring back the kid's fettucini meal at Plaza Inn. They still sold fettucini; you just had to pay $12.99 to get a bowl that was WAY too big for a child. They must have received more requests, because they brought it back. I was delighted! My kidlet just had it this past weekend.

I have filled out three compliment forms when CMs went above and beyond. I don't do it for ordinary things, but we've had a couple experiences where CMs were nothing short of amazing. I felt they deserved recognition.

r-we-there-yet
03-19-2007, 10:48 PM
I remember once thinking a CM was rather rude, but I did not do anything because by the time I got to City Hall, I cooled down.

The next day, I was at the place where the CM worked, and made a off hand comment to another CM that I had a kind of bad experience the day before. He smiled at me and said if the person happened to have red hair that they got fired that evening for being rude on more than one occasion. I have to say I felt sad for some reason for the person.

I hate to admit it, but I quite giving compliments because so many people are helpful and I spent a lot of time filling out compliments, that it takes away from my trip.

CariBelle
03-20-2007, 09:44 AM
I've only given one complaint and it was for a very rude CM at City Hall. She pretty much made me cry and never want to ask for a guest access card again, I'd rather deal with my pain than deal with a CM questioning me like that again.

Gramiangel420
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
In all of the years we have been going to DLR, we haven't put in a complaint yet. Our worst complaints come from other guests, not CM's. We have put in compliments.:)

kbr
03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
The only complaint I had was when they were taping the Christmas special, and they had EVERYTHING roped off. It literally took me and my friend TWO HOURS to get from frontierland to main street to complain, not to mention the pushing and shoving. We weren't even the only ones who were complaining about this, the CM laughed at us. That was unbelievable.

seanutbutter
03-23-2007, 08:00 AM
I've yet to complain about anything.

DisneylandForever
03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I've been there several times a year, every year I've been alive. In that time, I've registered one complaint at City Hall:

It was to express my displeasure at the "PC" refurb of POTC.

charpaul
03-23-2007, 08:59 AM
I have given compliments to CM's MANY times - I have only complained ONCE..

About a year ago - I was standing in front of the store/kiosk in front of IASW (near the camera place) and I overheard another guest ask a new CM a question. They asked "Where can I find ToonTown?" - The brand new CM said, "I am not sure where that is in the park - maybe you should go get a map at City Hall!:eek: "

Bear in mind that you can SEE the ToonTown entrance sign from this location-
Bear in mind that ALL CM's get SOME orientation training-
Bear in mind that it is ONE OF THE "Lands" of Disneyland -
and all the CM could do was to send them to City HAll...

He said he had only been working there for a week and a half and still didn't know where things were in the park.:rolleyes:

I helped the other guests to turn around and find the entrance - I took the CM's name - and I WENT TO CITY HALL! to describe my encounter with this CM!!!!

That is the only time I have felt the need to make a complaint.

raediance
03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
He said he had only been working there for a week and a half and still didn't know where things were in the park.:rolleyes:

So this week and a half that he had been working there was his first time in Disneyland? Wow, I'm guessing he's not one of those APs turned CMs. =]

Phantom2006
03-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Only did it 1 time. About a month ago i was forced to go when we could not find any places that were open to it. First it was a Friday night around 7:30-8:00.
Pinocchio - CLOSED
Stage Door Cafe - CLOSED
Rive Bell Terrace - CLOSED
Hungry Bear - CLOSED
Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED
So we went to City Hall to ask what was open and they told us they did not know because they did not work in food. So information does not know any information! They need to have their restaurant hours posted in the map. I dont know why I was so angry by this, but i was really hungry.

dawnid
03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
It sounds kind of silly but the only time I've gone to City Hall to complain was when they changed the Taffy to a mixed bag. I went in apologizing but the CM pulled out a book and said I wasn't the first. Since they still have the mixed bag of Taffy and not the individual flavors the complaints must not have mattered and I haven't bought Taffy (my favorite candy) since. I can't see buying a bag of candy when you can't stand 50% of the flavors.

Gramiangel420
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
:crying: I also love the taffy, but only certain flavors. I am sad to hear that I would only be able to buy them mixed. I guess I also will not be getting taffy this trip.:crying:

DisneyFanKat
03-23-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't think I've ever gone to City Hall to complain. But I almost have! Remember when they used to have special AP nights like "E-Nights?" Well, I was there for the premiere performance of "Light Magic."

Let's just say that we thought it was so bad, that the group I was with said (only 1/2 serious) - "We should go to City Hall and ask for our money back." We gave it another name too - the "Friggin' Fairy Freak Fest" - well....the first word wasn't exactly that.... :|

As we exited the park - the line at City Hall was so long that we never even gave it a second thought. Guess a buncha other passholders felt the same way we did!

I'm sad to admit that I haven't gone out of my way to COMPLIMENT either though...but I think I should - it's sad that we remember that bad incidents so much easier than the great ones sometimes!

ILovePoker
03-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Chances are that frivolous complaints about ride renovations or a complaint about ropes in an Xmas special are thrown out immediately. A worker from Disney on another board said that complaints like those are thrown out the second the guest walks away.

City Hall is more for bad dining experiences, rude cast members, general things about the park, etc. Complaints about the theming of an area, or about things that are business related are essentially thrown out everytime. Just keep that in mind. :)

I have never even come close to filing a complaint to City Hall, I could be doing much more with my time at Disneyland than running to City Hall to complain.