PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God - we're here!

JustMe29
03-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Haven't got time to do a big check in but we've been here for 3 days and had a ball.

Been to DL on Friday and Saturday saw the fireworks both nights. The tips in RideMax have made the experience fantastic!!! Trying out our first full plan tomorrow.

Homewood Suites is nice, no complaints. Universal Studios today - only need 6 hours or so to do it.

Food is terrible compared to Australia. Expensive and all so fattening, nothing easy to grab.

Having so much fun.

Now I just don't know where to go shopping?? I have a half day free and want to buy cheap jeans and sports shirts etc - where do I go?

Bytebear
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
It's probably too late, but you probably passed the Citidel Outlet mall on the way to Universal, if you went up the 5 freeway.

JustMe29
03-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Is that better than Ontario Mills? Closer?

Bytebear
03-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I personally haven't been to either. I hear Ontario Mills is better, and given the location, I would tend to agree. Both are probably about the same distance from Anaheim.

Clotho
03-18-2007, 10:44 PM
HOW EXCITING!

And yeah, DLR has not the best food. I always thought of it as pretty much carnival food, or one step up. Then when I finally went to WDW, I was AMAZED. I didn't thnk Disney had creative food, salads, healthy options...but WDW does! So for food, try the "other" Disney. ;)

Stupid_American
03-19-2007, 06:19 AM
Food is terrible compared to Australia. Expensive and all so fattening, nothing easy to grab.

At the parks, most of the food is fast food.
DLR does offer some good soups and salads.

Around the area, your lack of familiarity has a lot to do with percieved choices.
Not a lot of markets, mostly "family" chains fast food and convenience stores.

During my visit to Sydney, I began to believe you guys lived off a diet meat pies, sausage rolls and chips!

ghoofie
03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I personally haven't been to either. I hear Ontario Mills is better, and given the location, I would tend to agree. Both are probably about the same distance from Anaheim.

Ontario mills is further. It's about 19 miles from DL to Citadel.
Ontario is a bit further...but MUCH bigger shopping area.